Just my opinion - but new Toyota Tundra is UGLY!

HDA

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Shadow Black
Occupation
Travel X-ray Tech
I still don't understand why more energy is spent on the look of the truck and not on the use fullness of the truck. I thought trucks were meant for work and not being pretty.
Because for $50,000+, 9 out of 10 people will want something that is aesthetically pleasing too. Now, what that is varies from person to person - and that's the game. Some poor bastard out there loves this new tundra and is probably pre-ordering as you're reading this.
Sponsored

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Because for $50,000+, 9 out of 10 people will want something that is aesthetically pleasing too. Now, what that is varies from person to person - and that's the game. Some poor bastard out there loves this new tundra and is probably pre-ordering as you're reading this.
Yep.

There are people out there love the new Chevy HD trucks.

I am most certainly not one of them.

40662896-3a42-4ae8-842f-879ca79945c9-silverado.jpg

The Tundra will probably take this and add about 4 hood scoops.

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
That is one ugly design, I wonder if GM and Toyota are still in cahoots, I know if the past, GM owned a big portion of Toyota.

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
I would much rather spend the weekend in a woodchipper than be caught dead driving something that fugly. Whatever the styling cues were meant to suggest...it is wayyyy too much.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I would much rather spend the weekend in a woodchipper than be caught dead driving something that fugly.
Wait until the next gen ranger comes out; I think the ridgeline will be the only thing you can buy that doesn't have a ridiculous giant grill mounted into a block for a front end.

Rocketeer61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Ick. My eyes!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Wait until the next gen ranger comes out; I think the ridgeline will be the only thing you can buy that doesn't have a ridiculous giant grill mounted into a block for a front end.
I just hope they give the option for the nice integrated dash 12" camera like the Bronco has. Not some ugly looking center screen mounted to the dash that looks like an iPad afterthought.

OP
OP

JKocot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4, 2018 Explorer Sport
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer/Former Marine
I just hope they give the option for the nice integrated dash 12" camera like the Bronco has. Not some ugly looking center screen mounted to the dash that looks like an iPad afterthought.
Yea I agree. Nothing like this please:

1631228894830.png

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
So I’m trying to understand this unbridled Toyota hate (subjective opinions of the new tundras front end notwithstanding). It used to be Ford vs Chevy but nowadays Chevy is so bad that you feel guilty even dogging them. Talking shit about Chevy feels like you are kicking a puppy off a bridge or something, you’re just an asshole lol.

I’m a Ford fan through and through but #2 for me will always be Toyota. I’m all about the products, and I like Ford and Toyota products. I’ve had several Toyota vehicles that had no business running as long as they did and helped get me, and my kids, through some hard times. So anyway.

OP
OP

JKocot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
So I’m trying to understand this unbridled Toyota hate (subjective opinions of the new tundras front end notwithstanding). It used to be Ford vs Chevy but nowadays Chevy is so bad that you feel guilty even dogging them. Talking shit about Chevy feels like you are kicking a puppy off a bridge or something, you’re just an asshole lol.

I’m a Ford fan through and through but #2 for me will always be Toyota. I’m all about the products, and I like Ford and Toyota products. I’ve had several Toyota vehicles that had no business running as long as they did and helped get me, and my kids, through some hard times. So anyway.
I don't know if it is unbridled hate, I just stated my opinion that I though the resigned Tundra was ugly. So far most here agree.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know if it is unbridled hate, I just stated my opinion that I though the resigned Tundra was ugly. So far most here agree.
I know, it’s not just this post but others in the past. Yota is a hate magnet for some FoMoCo fans.

OP
OP

JKocot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I know, it’s not just this post but others in the past. Yota is a hate magnet for some FoMoCo fans.
Yea but I bet there is a ton of Ford hate on the Tacoma and Tundra forums.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

The problems I had with my '16 Tacoma and with Toyota corporate was enough to sour me forever with them. I know that's painting a broad brush for the manufacturer but corporate was a PITA to deal with. I'll never even give them a look! :puke:

I know there's a lot on here who have had the same issues with Ford corporate too but luckily after owning almost a dozen different Ford trucks and vans I've never had any problems.