Joining the Club - Show Me Your Lights

Aragorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Crew Cab
Been lurking here for a while, finally got a ā€˜20 Ranger Lariat FX4 in Oxford White, love it! Good enough deal that I sprung for the Ford Performance 2 package and itā€™s going in next week, I will share pics when itā€™s done!

I have a question for you all: Anyone have an LED light bar in the front in a front license plate state like TX? Something like the rough country light bar. Looks like the plate would cover up half of it right in the middle, so wondering if i want to even bother.

Pumped to join the club!
Tell us about your Ford Performance stage2 Package. How much did it cost you to add it on? Iā€™m curious about labor costs and whether dealerships have room to shave any off the listed price.

rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
STX FX4 SuperCrew
Occupation
engineering systems admin
Vehicle Showcase
When you remove the plastic bumper cover there is only one thing you need to be aware of, the teeth on the clips have to be bent back to their original shape. There might a way to remove it without bending them ... maybe someone else knows the way. There are some threads on this forum on wiring when you get to that step.

Capture.PNG

OP
OP
Bzmustang13

Bzmustang13

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I paid the list price for the parts package, as they claim they are not able to discount that stuff. Was kinda goofy, however. The truck already had a few k of extras on it like running boards, bed liner and one of those unnecessary but canā€™t take it off dealership packages: Clear door guards, special wax, locking lug nuts and the like. Total extras was roughly 6500. While the price showed +6500 for add ons, they took more off the msrp and added to the trade in value to discount it at bit. Additionally, on the after-market install agreement I signed, it shows the 6995 in charges for total job - install & parts. So it looks like I paid full price for the parts and a little for labor, but I was able to use it as a bargaining chip to up the discount off MSRP and the trade in value.

If that makes any sense. Had to pull a few different levers to hide the savings. Iā€™m sure this worked in their favor too. Overall, I feel I am paying a fair price for the whole thing. Best part is all of this stuff ā€” including the engine with tune ā€” is covered in the warranty. That is worth a lot to me.

OP
OP
Bzmustang13

Bzmustang13

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I paid the list price for the parts package, as they claim they are not able to discount that stuff. Was kinda goofy, however. The truck already had a few k of extras on it like running boards, bed liner and one of those unnecessary but canā€™t take it off dealership packages: Clear door guards, special wax, locking lug nuts and the like. Total extras was roughly 6500. While the price showed +6500 for add ons, they took more off the msrp and added to the trade in value to discount it at bit. Additionally, on the after-market install agreement I signed, it shows the 6995 in charges for total job - install & parts. So it looks like I paid full price for the parts and a little for labor, but I was able to use it as a bargaining chip to up the discount off MSRP and the trade in value.

If that makes any sense. Had to pull a few different levers to hide the savings. Iā€™m sure this worked in their favor too. Overall, I feel I am paying a fair price for the whole thing. Best part is all of this stuff ā€” including the engine with tune ā€” is covered in the warranty. That is worth a lot to me.
Dealer called yesterday and should have the parts in by Wednesday, so hoping to have the finished product by The weekend. Iā€™m actually not clear if this suspension package lifts the truck or if it is just a level, anyone know? Iā€™d think it will lift it a little to fit the 32ā€ tires, but I could easily be wrong.

Take the white truck and add the upgrades from the red truck below. Only thing I am NOT doing is the windshield decal; I will tell them to leave it in the backseat and will put it in the garage or something.

38447937-DF5D-47E0-A776-38597124750D.jpeg

D812F77C-413C-406B-B9C5-2167C724D0DE.jpeg

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

My first attempt to out do Sid on lighting.....
hoodlighting.jpg

Tomorrow....down to the hardware store or another roll of duct tape and a few more flash lights.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hi Folks,

My first attempt to out do Sid on lighting.....
hoodlighting.jpg

Tomorrow....down to the hardware store or another roll of duct tape and a few more flash lights.
You're better off going on Amazon and just ordering every flashlight they have if you're going to out-do Sid. lol ?

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Phil, a couple of Fenix or Nitecores should do the trick.

OP
OP
Bzmustang13

Bzmustang13

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have added just a few lights...

IMG_1392.jpeg
60282061181__B9661E96-E78C-4BA3-81D1-FAA812089F58.jpeg
IMG_1478.jpeg
IMG_1502.jpeg
IMG_1892.jpeg
IMG_1895.jpeg
IMG_2094.jpeg
IMG_2095.jpeg

Lighting the front yard for my son to play baseball under the lights at home.

What bulbs & color/rating did you go with for the white lights? Kickass truck!

Also, anyone add the front grill lights in WHITE? Amber raptor style is common, but I see they offer white below but have not seen a.picture. Thinking of adding those first to my Lariat grille. My Concern is having all the lights matching, if that makes sense.

DevilDog1775

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C
Vehicle Showcase
What bulbs & color/rating did you go with for the white lights? Kickass truck!

Also, anyone add the front grill lights in WHITE? Amber raptor style is common, but I see they offer white below but have not seen a.picture. Thinking of adding those first to my Lariat grille. My Concern is having all the lights matching, if that makes sense.
Thanks. The truck is a lot of fun. I want to drive it to the Arctic Ocean if the border with Canada ever opens back up again.

The lights are 6000k. I used these. Link to Headlights

They fit well but for the driver side headlamp. I had to clock that one a bit to get it to fit. There are also bulbs available for the driving lights which I originally used, but then swapped for the Baja Designs Squadron Pro. The driving lights I moved over to my daughter's 2018 Escape.

I am happy with the headlights. They are plenty bright. If you use them, just be sure to check your headlight adjustment. No need to blind anyone needlessly.

Last edited:

4g63det

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger 501A
Occupation
Electrician
Thanks. The truck is a lot of fun. I want to drive it to the Arctic Ocean if the border with Canada ever opens back up again.

The lights are 6000k. I used these. Link to Headlights

They fit well but for the driver side headlamp. I had to clock that one a bit to get it to fit. There are also bulbs available for the driving light which I originally used, but then swapped for the Baja Designs Squadron Pro. The driving lights I moved over to my daughter's 2018 Escape.

I am happy with the headlights. They are plenty bright. If you use them, just be sure to check your headlight adjustment. No need to blind anyone needlessly.
The lariat has projector headlights which gives you a perfect cut off line, you would only need to re aim them if you level, lift the truck or add bigger tires. The stock Lariat head lights and fog lights are already led bulbs and I think they are 3000k.

OP
OP
Bzmustang13

Bzmustang13

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great info! My Lariat lights are a major upgrade from my ā€˜14 Ford Fusion, so I likely wonā€™t mess with the headlights just yet. Iā€™ve seen some cool Front signal/DRL upgrades that I may do along with Forscan to make DRL look really good. Other than that, already ordered the puddle lamp and license plate light upgrades thanks to discussion on this board.
Having all the lights a uniform white color will look really good on my white truck I think, so that is what I may do. White raptor-like lights in my Lariat grill combing also.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
Aconn....I was just gonna suggest adding smaller lights one on each side of the cruise module.
Sponsored