First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator / 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Occupation
Retired for now!
Took my Ranger Tremor out for a ride to a state park yesterday. Just a nice sunny day for a relaxing drive. Came across an area for scenic views and saw 3 Jeep Wranglers parked. They were all backed in and 2 of the ladies with them were out of the vehicles talking. As we drove by I rolled my window down and said nice Jeeps, sorry I forgot my ducks. We all got a laugh out of that and one of the guys asked if I knew anything about radios. Being a ham radio operator, I said a little. He came over to my Ranger and showed me his Baofeng UV5R. He said he could not transmit on GMRS frequencies. He was not a ham or licensed for GMRS operations but I took a look at his radio and told him to write down his info and I would check into it later when I was home. He asked why I drove a "Ford" and not a Jeep. I told him I had had Jeeps in the past, my last one being a 21 Gladiator Rubicon. He asked why I would get rid of such an awesome truck? I told Him I got a new truck and money back in the deal to take care of dog surgeries that were very costly. He said ok and that I would always be a "Jeeple" like him and his friends.
Later when I got home I found out after about an hours research that the newer UV5R radios are blocked for GMRS channels and I texted him and explained everything to him. I was not aware of that. I told him I would see if I could find a work around. He texted back about a half hour later and said another friend found a modification on YouTube and it now worked. I told him great! OK, now here is the kicker....
He told me that if I ever got another Jeep, that I would be welcome to join up with them on their drives! I guess this "Jeeple" person is not welcome to drive with them, in one of them "Ranger Tremor" trucks!!! After all my trying to be kind and helpful to another fellow off road enthusiast, I am not worthy of driving with them. What a surprise response I got. I would expect this from some young kids, but a grown man, wow! I thought that this "mine is better than yours and your not welcome with us" crap that I experienced with very young motorcycle riders stopped many years ago. Unbelievable... So much for being a nice guy!
Judging people by what they drive and not by who they are is beyond immature!!!
Thanks for letting me vent!!!
Phil in Tennessee with the unworthy Ranger!!!
Sponsored

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2020 Escape AWD Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
Ha Ha, your not worthy. Well it is their loss because they would be surprised how capable Rangers are. Maybe find a better class of offroaders.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Lol got to love the "JEEP" people!! My thoughts are simple, if you want to join in 5he fun for an OffRoad Trip then I say join. There is no need for BS like that. Its alright though, I know.my 1993 Pathfinder will out do his JEEP anyways!!

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired for now!
Lol got to love the "JEEP" people!! My thoughts are simple, if you want to join in 5he fun for an OffRoad Trip then I say join. There is no need for BS like that. Its alright though, I know.my 1993 Pathfinder will out do his JEEP anyways!!
You Bet! He had a STOCK 2018 Wrangler Unlimited with 93,000 miles he said he just bought! Actually, it was an ok Jeep, however I would of put my Stock Tremor up against it. If someone bent over backwards to try and help me, I would be thanking them, not saying that they are only welcome with a certain brand of off road vehicle!!! Sheesh!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That's to bad Phil but you know you're welcome to come out with us anytime!!! :like:

I don't know why some Jeep guys are like Harley guys, once they get inside/on their rigs they get "the attitude". I had similar experiences when we road race bikes. Had several Harley guys flip us off and give us an ear full from time to time which I never understood. Me, I never cared one way or the other I figured we're all bikers (or off roaders) so why not be friendly? But it was fun to laugh at them when they were broke down on the side of the road with a trail of oil behind them. :giggle:

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
You Bet! He had a STOCK 2018 Wrangler Unlimited with 93,000 miles he said he just bought! Actually, it was an ok Jeep, however I would of put my Stock Tremor up against it. If someone bent over backwards to try and help me, I would be thanking them, not saying that they are only welcome with a certain brand of off road vehicle!!! Sheesh!
Lol yeah you should have fun showing him this!! It was back in July on Hancock Pass in Colorado. It was myself and another Member having some fun for the day. My Pathfinder was stock on worn suspension and worn out tires. The Ranger had the Fox suspension with the world Class Leafs(a non US Ranger leaf) and 33's. The Pass was difficult but rewarding. The Stock Wrangler would struggle big time. If not mistaken the Unlimited does not have a locker correct? I already know the Jeep LSD's are garbage. My Pathfinders LSD works great and the Ranger had the Locker(and it was necessary to use it). Chances are his JEEP wouldnt make it!!

0717220943.jpg

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I recently bought a set of Rubicon Gladiator Fox shocks takeoffs from a Gladiator owner. They can be a nice shock for a WJ GC with a 4" lift.

I went to get them in my Ranger.

We chatted for a bit and he seemed intent to tell me about the size of his house, his successful business, etc.

He made a comment that, "That's a nice Ranger, but you know my Gladiator payment is probably only a little more than yours"

To which I replied that mine didn't have a payment and therefore his was indeed likely to be higher.

There are lots of great Jeep folks, and there are lots of Jeep Tools.

It exists everywhere but the Jeep community seems to amplify the Tool behavior in people who are predisposed to be a tool.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired for now!
That's to bad Phil but you know you're welcome to come out with us anytime!!! :like:

I don't know why some Jeep guys are like Harley guys, once they get inside/on their rigs they get "the attitude". I had similar experiences when we road race bikes. Had several Harley guys flip us off and give us an ear full from time to time which I never understood. Me, I never cared one way or the other I figured we're all bikers (or off roaders) so why not be friendly? But it was fun to laugh at them when they were broke down on the side of the road with a trail of oil behind them. :giggle:
Hi Dave!!!
Thanks for taking pity on me and offering me to tag along with you guys! You're awesome!!! Yes, I agree with you on the Harley vs Metric childish crap from long ago. I am one of those strange bikers that has a Harley Street Glide and an older Yamaha Road Star that I am restoring. I love all scoots and off road vehicles too! Again, I must be in the minority to have both a Harley & Yamaha! I keep flipping myself off, depending on the scoot I am riding that day...LOL!!!

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired for now!
Lol yeah you should have fun showing him this!! It was back in July on Hancock Pass in Colorado. It was myself and another Member having some fun for the day. My Pathfinder was stock on worn suspension and worn out tires. The Ranger had the Fox suspension with the world Class Leafs(a non US Ranger leaf) and 33's. The Pass was difficult but rewarding. The Stock Wrangler would struggle big time. If not mistaken the Unlimited does not have a locker correct? I already know the Jeep LSD's are garbage. My Pathfinders LSD works great and the Ranger had the Locker(and it was necessary to use it). Chances are his JEEP wouldnt make it!!

0717220943.jpg
He may of had a rear locker, but maybe not. The front lockers come with the Rubicons. Some Jeeple people are just not too swift!!!

AzureRanger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
Glad the thread title said "SOME Jeep Drivers".....we aren't all like that crew you ran into. My '23 Ranger (arriving soon!) and my '06 TJ are going to be best friends :) .

BS67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Eye Tech, 2A supporter, USMC "Doc" '89-'95
I wouldn't lose sleep over it. In fact, text him and get his mailing address........take a pic of your Tremor........mail the pic with Merry Ranger Christmas on it to him! I know......I know......a little passive/aggressive!

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired for now!
I recently bought a set of Rubicon Gladiator Fox shocks takeoffs from a Gladiator owner. They can be a nice shock for a WJ GC with a 4" lift.

I went to get them in my Ranger.

We chatted for a bit and he seemed intent to tell me about the size of his house, his successful business, etc.

He made a comment that, "That's a nice Ranger, but you know my Gladiator payment is probably only a little more than yours"

To which I replied that mine didn't have a payment and therefore his was indeed likely to be higher.

There are lots of great Jeep folks, and there are lots of Jeep Tools.

It exists everywhere but the Jeep community seems to amplify the Tool behavior in people who are predisposed to be a tool.
Yup Dennis, I found out this guy would fit in the tool category for sure!

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired for now!
Glad the thread title said "SOME Jeep Drivers".....we aren't all like that crew you ran into. My '23 Ranger (arriving soon!) and my '06 TJ are going to be best friends :) .
Agreed Robert! I may have another Jeep in the future and I actually really liked the Gladiator I had. I just couldn't see keeping it for the Ford dealer giving me a lot more money for it than I paid for it, ending up with a year newer truck, and a fat check to boot!

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase

The Harley guys were certianly something else back when I rode a lot . I had a Yamaha Star that I painted as an American flag and the Harley folks always gave me crap about it. Very rude crap. More than once I was asked why I had a POS metric bike painted as an American flag . Because I'm a F'ing American was my reply.
Most didn't know that I had a decked out Fatboy painted the exact same way but the local Harley club always tried to get me to ride with them , as long as I was on the Harley . I turned them down everytime if I couldn't ride on my Yamaha . They would always scoff at me at bike nights because when I rode the Harley I would wear the Yamaha shirts and when on the Star I would be wearing HD , lol.
img_1_1669076828420.jpg
Sponsored