Winter is here!

Noseoil

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger / 2013 Honda Civic / Red Rocket mini bike (zoom!)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
We had about 5" of snow yesterday & last night. Took the truck out this morning for breakfast & did a bit of shoveling to get the steps cleared for Santa. Glad we put in the covered parking last month, comes in handy now. Mostly, it was for the hail storms in summer, but winter parking is nice too. Let's see some snow pictures from your winter storms! This is Raton, NM this morning, crisp & cold.
Snow-1.jpg
Sponsored

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Winter. Left the white stuff 40 years ago......Look GREAT in pictures. NO more snow for moi.....

b5acbc3b-6221-4313-8eac-4674a94e1d3c-e42f7431-f28f-4e92-90d3-6ff827e69a9d-v1.png

Deleted member 1634

Had 24" of nice wet heavy snow in as many hours just after Thanksgiving (US). Spent over 6 hrs snowblowing and shoveling the driveway. Had to run out for gas for the snowblower about 3/4s of the way through. Blasted through the 4' high plow bank with ease on my way onto the road. Just in 4H. I don't have any pictures of the driveway or the plow bank, I was too busy trying to figure out what to do with it all at the time. But I did snap a pic of the front of the truck, packed with snow from the bank, when I was done with it all.

We had a 10" storm just before Thanksgiving, and several 6-8" storms since. So we've had plenty of chances to play in the snow already.

IMG_20191201_164114314.jpg

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
As a California native, now living in Delaware, I can't say that I am looking forward to our first big snow storm of the year, but I am curious to see how the Ranger handles the trip down the driveway (front-end first), through the plow bank, and out of our development. Pictures to follow (at some point)....

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
I was born here in Indiana. I absolutely love snow. Driving in it, snowboarding, building snow tunnels with my kids, you name it. As an adult, getting a big snow is like my Christmas.

Deleted member 1634

I was born here in Indiana. I absolutely love snow. Driving in it, snowboarding, building snow tunnels with my kids, you name it. As an adult, getting a big snow is like my Christmas.
Agreed! I grew up in the UP of Michigan where they get big snow, like the most snow outside of the mountains snow, due to Lake Superior lake affect. But now that I've moved away from there, and though it's not far, I miss that big snow and get excited anytime we get some. I almost wish I lived further out of town and my work commute was longer, so I could actually have a chance to experience pure snow covered roads on my drive. Not many things better than being the first one down a freshly snowed road!

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
I miss the good old days when our winters were like this... They had to bring the rotary plows from the western part of the state just to open the roads around our area, circa '78 I think :)

lWVPZ2HXT16Q6alRFPA7kg.jpg

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
Of course we got our first big snow over the last 48 hours and my truck is still getting repaired from the wreck. This Friday will mark four weeks without my baby and I'm missing some fun in the snow.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Said snow got ice first one for December

82707C0D-7394-4EAD-ABE0-B33BD21E8EC2.jpeg

F6221CCD-FAF3-4116-BCE6-8A168FE7881E.jpeg
I grew up and lived in W'MA for just over 50 years and I always hated this type of weather. I would rather it dump 12+ inches of snow than deal with that icy mess.

My truck spent the last of March 2019 to the first of April in a lot or on a train in snow and cold. I will never subject it to that again.
Never mind the truck, I don't want to be subjected to that again lol :)

u wish u could ride

First Name
robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 xlt in blue
Occupation
building maintenance
dam bumper sensors going wild had to shut them off. !!tree branches all over the roads!!you are smart getting out !!I don't ski ice skate or ice fish just burn a lot of wood !!

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Not much snow here yet but January is coming :thumbsup: