First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
That’s funny, I get bored. I also have 4 sets of wheels for my Ranger ? gotta swap through them occasionally.
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I keep seeing all of these awesome mods you guys are doing to your Rangers and I seriously think about doing some of them. Then I go outside and look at mine and I love the look of my Lariat and I decide to change nothing about it. Some of you guys have some amazing builds going and I love following the build logs (like @OFC Ranger ) but I think it looks perfect stock.
Is there something wrong with me?
Here is my thought on this. If you prefer the look of your truck to be stock then simply keep it stock. If you randomly get a wild hair up your ass and start modifying the truck then good for you!! Just keep in mind that it is YOUR TRUCK and you should have it the way you want it.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I keep seeing all of these awesome mods you guys are doing to your Rangers and I seriously think about doing some of them. Then I go outside and look at mine and I love the look of my Lariat and I decide to change nothing about it. Some of you guys have some amazing builds going and I love following the build logs (like @OFC Ranger ) but I think it looks perfect stock.
I had never intended to modify my truck. I fell down a rabbit hole and never emerged.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Your stock Lariat looks better than my Lariat right now. I decided to relocate the rear axle…
A4A3346F-46CF-45B3-A9FA-E4776E300E19.jpeg
Seriously regret that. 0/10 do not recommend that mod.:LOL:

Everyone has their own preference. I also like the stock look. But I tend to like that on most vehicles. It’s fitting for me, because mine’s a daily driver, and not a trail runner. Then again, I’m not rich enough to afford most mods, or a spare vehicle that I could turn into…whatever this is:
1620787548426.jpeg
A purple pooper-scooper?

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I never intended to modify my truck at all but could not stand the suspension. So I started with a levelling kit, which solved that problem and gave me the bonus of more clearance and a higher stance. After that, I started doing stuff that did not really need to be done but that made my experience more comfortable or enjoyable in some way (tune, airflow, bed mat, tires, damper, etc.) You either feel it or you don't--and no problem if you don't, it's your truck!

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
OP, your cool, no mods on mine, well, I don't consider LineX or tonneau a mod.
No damper here.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Not sure Ian. But if you're like me, my wife would love to answer a question like that. :)

So far I've fought off the mod bug myself. But he's a nasty little creature, and dosen't give up easily.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Not sure Ian. But if you're like me, my wife would love to answer a question like that. :)

So far I've fought off the mod bug myself. But he's a nasty little creature, and dosen't give up easily.
What are you talking about Jim? Didn't you have a stack of boxes in your garage BEFORE you even had your Ranger? Me thinks you need a little more coffee to get going this morning. The hamster has fallen asleep in the wheel. :giggle:

Hamster In Whell.jpg

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Nope.

It's your truck. You can customize it as much or as little as you like. There are plenty of modifications or upgrades you can do to it that are hidden or very subtle so it retains the stock appearance. Later on down the road you can always change things up if you want.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Here is my thought on this. If you prefer the look of your truck to be stock then simply keep it stock. If you randomly get a wild hair up your ass and start modifying the truck then good for you!! Just keep in mind that it is YOUR TRUCK and you should have it the way you want it.
I’m gonna put you on the phone with the wife. Would you mind repeating that? Please talk SLOWLY‼☺

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I’m gonna put you on the phone with the wife. Would you mind repeating that? Please talk SLOWLY‼☺
That is a department I am not very well with LOL. Good luck

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Then again, I’m not rich enough to afford most mods, or a spare vehicle that I could turn into…whatever this is:
1620787548426.jpeg
Ah! Bosozookoo! Japanese Car Culture that rebels against the conservative minimalism of Japanese Culture. Bosozookoo has nothing to do with cars and performance. All though they do like to drive them fast where they can. It has everything to do with standing out and being seen. It is purely counter culture artwork. In your face, can not be ignored. It is basically the middle finger of the youth waving in the face of the establishment and tradition.

@VegasP11 - I'm with you for the most part. I enjoy seeing what others do to make awesome trucks - lifted or lowered, you name it - but have no compelling reason to do likewise. Everything I do to my truck has to solve a problem I had or increase functionality (like a tonneau cover or bed topper) and with as minimal negative impact on resale as possible.

A truck is not an investment piece (although the carvanna thread may prove me wrong). It depreciates from day one until it is worthless. I don't want to get caught upside down in an economic pickle because I did something like run my exhaust through the hood and took it from being worth $35,000 to $10,000 if I still owe $12,000 on it. So I roll conservative with it.
Sponsored