Interior storage solutions(no mods preferred)

erty176

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Designer
Hi all, currently leasing my ranger so I don't want to do anything I can't undo. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get more internal storage? I thought about the idea of removing rear seats like I saw elsewhere, but I do have passengers from time to time. Anyway to expand the capacity of the existing bins at all? Also not well utilizing the space under the seat so if anyone has solutions there they would also be appreciated.
Sponsored

OP
OP
erty176

erty176

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Designer

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Your only options are the seat molle panels or the under the rear seat space.

I have not sat down to think about it anymore any time recently, but you could also run a large flat molle panel on the roof liner (see link), the only trick is finding a way to properly secure it once weight is attached.

https://www.amazon.com/OneTigris-Multi-Purpose-Organizer-Display-Grommeted/dp/B07DQKVJHW/ref=sr_1_43?crid=3SQBYSHFWL6ET&dchild=1&keywords=large+molle+panel&qid=1635168362&sprefix=large+,aps,1129&sr=8-43

Unfortunately you cant create more space in the cabin beyond its real dimensions. You might want to start considering rear bed storage systems. The bed opens up a plethora of storage options;

IMG_20210417_143605.jpg

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
The Ranger does not have a ton of storage, I came from a F150 which had a quite bit more, I have the spaces under the seat packed and I had the area behind the seat pretty well packed, but then I thought the A/C was not working like it was unless the window was down, I realized that I had packed in the exit vents behind the back seat, as soon as I opened up the space around the vents the air flow was back to normal.
I have considered pulling out the two plastic compartments under the seat and looking on the side them, hoping that the whole space there is somewhat usable except where the driveshaft hump is.
I just had to laugh and realize it is a compact truck, I wish there was a kit to fold the rear seat back down so it was flat, then I could load in all my riding gear on a durable flat surface.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
As OFC posted...you have a 5 foot x 5 foot storage area behind the cab. First aid kit in cab...yeah. But jumpers and ratchet straps, tools, ect...get a storage box like one from Contico and keep stuff in there.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Yeah there are the molle pannels you can get but if you have passengers inside from time to time your best bet may be a swing box. Yeah they cost a few but probably your best option.

Sardog

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
USN Aircrew
I have the Decked box in my truck and the amount of waterproof storage that I get with that works well for my situation. I am sure that since it is a lease you wouldn't want to spend that amount of money to add to yours, but maybe if you are handy you could make something similar out of plywood and waterproof it. would not be hard to mount it semi permanently in the bed. I am sure that you would be able to find someone to buy it after you are done with the lease also to recoup some costs.

Tony Robyn

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport
Occupation
City Administrator
The Ranger does not have a ton of storage, I came from a F150 which had a quite bit more, I have the spaces under the seat packed and I had the area behind the seat pretty well packed, but then I thought the A/C was not working like it was unless the window was down, I realized that I had packed in the exit vents behind the back seat, as soon as I opened up the space around the vents the air flow was back to normal.
I have considered pulling out the two plastic compartments under the seat and looking on the side them, hoping that the whole space there is somewhat usable except where the driveshaft hump is.
I just had to laugh and realize it is a compact truck, I wish there was a kit to fold the rear seat back down so it was flat, then I could load in all my riding gear on a durable flat surface.
Yes, the 150 rear seat vertical fold up is brilliant. Huge stow area created.
Sponsored