SuperCab rear seat area storage mods?

T-Wrecks

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 XLT FX4 S Cab, FX4, 301A, Tow, Technology
What have others done to to rear seating area on a SCab for storage options besides remove the seat cushions? I'm thinking of making my own rear seat delete panels to cover up the seat backs, and glue carpet to the hard plastic so stuff doesn't slide around as easily back there. The area is worthless for seating but it has some nice storage potential. Looking for ideas since I'm bored crazy stuck at home right now.
Sponsored

BeachRanger19

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab Ingot Silver
What have others done to to rear seating area on a SCab for storage options besides remove the seat cushions? I'm thinking of making my own rear seat delete panels to cover up the seat backs, and glue carpet to the hard plastic so stuff doesn't slide around as easily back there. The area is worthless for seating but it has some nice storage potential. Looking for ideas since I'm bored crazy stuck at home right now.
There is another thread about this somewhere on the site you might look for.
And since its only me and the Mrs I'm going to do a seat back delete and get my rear storage in my supercab increased for road trips, groceries, cases of beer etc.

Jod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 4x4
It would be nice if someone would make storage units to put in the rear of the SuperCab that would hook in/latch like the seat cushion does. It would make for easy swapping the storage unit back out to put the seat cushion back in. If someone knows of something like that, please let me know.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

Martyd

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL,2018 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
retired
New guy here. Picked up my 2020 XL this week. I have removed the rear seats and will leave the backs, I would like to remove the head restraints but they hit the roof liner. Is there a trick? Hate to put too much force on things.

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
New guy here. Picked up my 2020 XL this week. I have removed the rear seats and will leave the backs, I would like to remove the head restraints but they hit the roof liner. Is there a trick? Hate to put too much force on things.
super crew? fold the seat down and remove it?

Martyd

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
No it’s a SuperCab. Backs attached.
I don't think your headrests tilt down like the 2019's do. there is a button on the side of mine that allows the headrest to fold down and out of view of the rear window. If it folds down, it would give you the room to remove it without hitting the roof.

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
I don't think your headrests tilt down like the 2019's do. there is a button on the side of mine that allows the headrest to fold down and out of view of the rear window. If it folds down, it would give you the room to remove it without hitting the roof.
Aha ! Maybe this is why my dealer didn't install mine. Both were laying on the back seat for delivery.

Perfect for me as they were coming off for better visibility before I left the dealer anyway. No passengers planned.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Aha ! Maybe this is why my dealer didn't install mine. Both were laying on the back seat for delivery.
Probably just lazy, like the chronic problems with air pressure and washer fluid.

Martyd

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
Thank you all. Looking around the forum I found a thread that said there was a bolt under the flap located between the head restraint supports. I took a look and can feel the bolt. Will give this a try to get the back tilted enough to remove the restraint.

Larrykime

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SCab Lariat 4X2, 2019 MX5, 2008 Expedition
Occupation
Crane Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
under the head rest is a flap. raise the flap, pull out the child seat strap and under it all is a 13mm bolt. Remove the bolt. pull the seat slightly forward while lifting the head rest. the head rest will pull free. reinstall the bolt.
Sponsored