Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Hello everyone,

Looking for help with storage hacks. We use our Ranger to tow our travel trailer often with two kids in a car seat (7yo twins) and my wife up front. What I am having a hard time solving is my wife's complaints about storage. I am not sure there is much I can do but are there any clever storage hacks to make her happy? She wants to get an F150 when prices normalize but honestly, I love the size of the Ranger especially for trails. As it is, this Ranger is a tight fit on some of them out here.

Only thing I have done is add the center console tray but that is more for my use rather than hers. She always has snacks and drinks up front with her for the kids and herself. You would swear she is 6ft tall with her complaints of the small interior rather than her 5'2" height.

Only other hope is the next gen Ranger fixes a lot of these complaints but man, the truck does everything I need so darn good. Not too much of a fan of the new truck yet either, may grow on me once they are out in the wild.

Thanks,
Anthony
Sponsored

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
You can get pouches to put on the front seatbacks for the kids. Some have space for a tablet/screen of some kind as well. We also utilize the middle seat between the kids quite a bit. It's a big challenge. Even with all the bags/luggage in the bed there's not a lot of room. It is what it is ?‍♂

Edit: We try to stash as much as possible in the door pockets too. Gotta get creative sometimes.

Last edited:
Reactions: EJH

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
Agree with CO2Ranger. A lot of it is what it is ;)

We do road trips with the Ranger, also towing our travel trailer. We don't have two kids in the backseat, but have our dog and cat ??

The seatback pouches are about the best solution, but that might not help your wife's storage needs.

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
I have marathon seat covers, which optionally include deep storage pockets in front of each front seat.
Anyway, maybe they make something similar independent of the seat covers.
Sponsored