Tangent

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford XL Ranger 4x4 Supercrew
Vehicle Showcase
So I've been trying to figure out how I can nice and neatly store the truck essentials. Recovery strap, first aid kit, fold up shovel, LED flares, jumper cables, all that jazz in a neat and effective manner.

The obvious solution would be a truck bed tool box, but given that I have a Supercrew and already a 5' bed handicap to work with, shorting the effective length I can insert a 4x8 sheet is not acceptable.

So given that I pretty much only use my back seat for the dogs, and the underseat storage is kind of a joke how small it is, that leaves the footwells as potential storage areas. Possibly if I can flush up the storage with the seat, I could put a pad over all of it for the dogs.

Anyway, my question/discussion is, has anyone found a nice storage chest for the footwells on the Supercrew? Seems a bit too specific, but figured someone might have something before I start grinding and welding a custom solution.
Sponsored

Panhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger xlt
I found that 2 30 cal ammo cans stack quite nicely behind the driver side rear seat.
One for basic tools and 1 for flares and straps and whatnot

OP
OP
Tangent

Tangent

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford XL Ranger 4x4 Supercrew
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! I didn't think there was enough room back there to fit anything.
And I have a ton of ammo cans laying around, I just gotta empty one out.

Thanks man!

Sardog

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
USN Aircrew
Nice! I didn't think there was enough room back there to fit anything.
And I have a ton of ammo cans laying around, I just gotta empty one out.

Thanks man!
Sounds like a good excuse to get out into nature and start blasting some stuff. Responsibly of course.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
So I'm not sure if you came up with your solution as of yet but something that is available now is the tailgate storage by Hurricane Fab. It is a Australian company and the stuff is made here in the US. Unfortunately this particular thing is not reversible and the install takes between 4 to 6 hours(definitely sont want to be in a rush doing this). It does have a price tag but I feel it is worth the money as you get that little bit of extra storage. Just a thought if anything

0908211823.jpg

0908211824.jpg

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
So I'm not sure if you came up with your solution as of yet but something that is available now is the tailgate storage by Hurricane Fab. It is a Australian company and the stuff is made here in the US. Unfortunately this particular thing is not reversible and the install takes between 4 to 6 hours(definitely sont want to be in a rush doing this). It does have a price tag but I feel it is worth the money as you get that little bit of extra storage. Just a thought if anything

0908211823.jpg

0908211824.jpg
Nice! Can you fit a scoped rifle inside?

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

0908211823.jpg

0908211824.jpg
Dampers!!!!
Sponsored