First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fiesta ST
Occupation
Assistant Manager Kay Jewelers
If you want to hear something real crazy, in New Hampshire they don't even require you to carry auto insurance.
Sponsored

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
Try pricing vehicle insurance in south Florida. We pay ridiculous rates compared to the rest of the US. Too many uninsureds and the number of vehicles stolen for shipment offshore. Boat insurance is the same.

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-350 CC & 2019 Ranger Lariat Sport & 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - SuperCharged
Try pricing vehicle insurance in south Florida. We pay ridiculous rates compared to the rest of the US. Too many uninsureds and the number of vehicles stolen for shipment offshore. Boat insurance is the same.
The hurricanes probably don't help :)

kep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Dang that’s a good price I’m gonna check around more my current company said I can wait til the middle of April when it’s supposed to get truck this coming week a lot of companies don’t know how to price them yet I’m gonna go ahead and pay another Month then see
It helps being 60 with a clean record and living in South Dakota.

FordBlueHeart

First Name
Torr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F250 King Ranch 6.0l
Occupation
Collision Repair Estimator
Good info....Do they require you to run around and get 3 estimates, or do they have pre-approved repair shops that is basically drop it off and it's covered?
Be careful with this...Insurance companies can't require you to get "3 different estimates". They can't tell you where to get repairs done either. Those "pre-approved" shops are simply shops who've signed a contract with the insurance company to get preferred status referrals by promising lower rates and in some cases, less than ideal repair concessions.

Examples of these concessions are:
  1. Clearcoat limits- 2.5 hrs per job, even if it actually takes 6 hours of paint time and materials.
  2. Partial refinish- only putting the basecoat (color) down in exact location of work, not over entire panel that is being painted. Still gets full clearcoat over top of the basecoat.
  3. Spot refinish. Base and clear only in damage area. This WILL start flaking/peeling eventually.
  4. Cheaper/ lower quality parts, even if it only saves the insurance company 50 cents!
I'm sure I could think of more, but you should get the gist of it.

FordBlueHeart

First Name
Torr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Michigan is right there with you, if not higher. Blame it on "no fault" insurance and unlimited medical coverage.

C.moore01

First Name
Colbey Moore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 escape 2019 ranger
Looking like mine will go up 300 a year replacing a Ford Fiesta

Jimiv123

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 501A, FX4, Sport Package, Magnetic
Occupation
IT Grunt
Just got the quote back from my insurance broker. Looks like I was with the wrong company who wanted an additional $1200 a year. Progressive wins with an increase of only $81. Made my day!!!

On a side note. Is everyone experiencing delays in quotes since our trucks are essentially new and they can't find them in the system?

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
GEICO is providing manual quote "estimates".

FordBlueHeart

First Name
Torr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
There's absolutely no way I would have either of the last two companies mentioned for anything I care about.

darren

First Name
darren piper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 f150
Just got the quote back from my insurance broker. Looks like I was with the wrong company who wanted an additional $1200 a year. Progressive wins with an increase of only $81. Made my day!!!

On a side note. Is everyone experiencing delays in quotes since our trucks are essentially new and they can't find them in the system?
I think eventually they will go down once they get things fugured out on them

Marcbar82

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Spoke with Travelers yesterday, and I’ll have an increase of $68 for 6 months. Not too bad.

Tommy Oberon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-Max
Vehicle Showcase
I got quoted by progressive $433 for six months on the new ranger. My 2013 C-max was $430 for six months. Multi car and homeowners discounts apply with good record.

HighFivenWhiteGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I will be shopping for insurance once I have a VIN as well. So far my current insurance provider GEICO gave me a rough quote to replace my 05 Forester. I will be going from basic liability only to comp and collision. Still need to tweak the numbers but my insurance approximately doubled to ~$200/month.
Sponsored