Insurance Rate

darren

First Name
darren piper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 f150
I’m waiting on quotes I currently have a 17 f 150 pay 644 every 6 months I was told a 1000 so I’m getting other quotes
Sponsored

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
When I did a quote with Geico to switch from my Fiesta ST to a F150 XLT last year it showed that my insurance would go down about $500 a year.
I checked with Geico and to replace my '15 Explorer Limited w/ my '19 Ranger Lariat it would be almost an 80% increase in rates. I sure hope when they get the full information on the vehicle it's not that expensive.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
what is everyone getting quotes on for insurance for your new ranger I have a clean record one hail claim 2 years ago they want like a 1000 for six months
I got a quote $1361 /6-month coverage... that's 80% increase from my '15 Explorer Limited.

ajvester

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
I got a quote $1361 /6-month coverage... that's 80% increase from my '15 Explorer Limited.
That is crazy, especially for Montana. I thought your rates would be lower than more populated areas.

I used to use State Farm, but as my insurance needs increased, I found that an independent broker gets me much better pricing. With my current homeowners, umbrella and 3 car coverage, my broker is 60% of the price of State Farm and Farm Bureau.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
I wonder what an "Off Road" package or 4WD does to insurance rates.
My guess is that "Off Roading" would be a VERY large percentage of the damage done to a 4WD truck.
A 2WD on the other hand, is essentially just another "car on the street"

WXman

Banned
Banned
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Wife and I have had literally dozens of vehicles over the last 15-20 years. In my experience, Ford F-150 is one of the least expensive vehicles to insure.

I've also noted:

-Foreign brands like Toyota and Nissan are a lot more expensive. Domestic brands are less expensive.

-Insurance companies go by number of claims. So if car A has a 5 star safety rating but 100 claims per 10,000 sold, and car B has a 3 star safety rating but only 50 claims per 10,000 sold, then car B will cost less to insure.

-"Lifestyle" vehicles such as small pickups, SUVs, sports cars, etc. cost more to insure than full size trucks, because those vehicles typically have higher rates of claims due to how they are used and also due to the fact that younger people use them.

For reference, I was paying $750/year for full coverage on my 2013 CC 4x4 F-150, while my wife's 2011 Nissan Maxima was $1,200/year, and her new 2018 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 is around $1,100/year.

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
what is everyone getting quotes on for insurance for your new ranger I have a clean record one hail claim 2 years ago they want like a 1000 for six months
One person's quotes are pretty useless for anyone else because quotes are based on so many different factors such as your city and state, driving record, age, gender, other drivers (and their age, record, etc.), claims, mileage driven per year, type of use (business or otherwise), number of vehicles owned and insured by same company, and other policies with same company (e.g. homeowners). Best comparison is the amount of increase or decrease over the present policy, but that also varies based on what vehicle you are replacing (i.e. how old, it's value, it's rate class). Being a brand new vehicle with no claim history and obviously more expensive than your trade in, insurance will likely go up, but not always. I'm replacing a 2015 Colorado Z71 and the original estimate is an increase of about $200 annually.

darren

First Name
darren piper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 f150
I just got a quote for progressive 485 every 6 months

FordBlueHeart

First Name
Torr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F250 King Ranch 6.0l
Occupation
Collision Repair Estimator
You should be more concerned about what the policy covers rather than "price per year." Some of the most frequently mentioned providers in this thread are the absolute worst in terms of how they take care of YOU when it comes time to repair your damaged vehicle or rental coverage.
You're an absolute fool if you don't know what type of part they demand the repair shop replace the damaged piece with. Or how the insurance company evaluates the damage in the first place.
One company mentioned in particular will require used windshields to replace broken glass, even a 13 year old core support for a 3 year old car. Another has told me to get an aftermarket headlamp to replace a broken one on a 2018 with 12,500 miles!
I won't mention who the particular companies are as this will turn into a pi$sing match as some will feel they need to justify who they use. Just use this as a reminder to ask the question before signing over your hard earned money. You get what you pay for.

darren

First Name
darren piper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 f150
You should be more concerned about what the policy covers rather than "price per year." Some of the most frequently mentioned providers in this thread are the absolute worst in terms of how they take care of YOU when it comes time to repair your damaged vehicle or rental coverage.
You're an absolute fool if you don't know what type of part they demand the repair shop replace the damaged piece with. Or how the insurance company evaluates the damage in the first place.
One company mentioned in particular will require used windshields to replace broken glass, even a 13 year old core support for a 3 year old car. Another has told me to get an aftermarket headlamp to replace a broken one on a 2018 with 12,500 miles!
I won't mention who the particular companies are as this will turn into a pi$sing match as some will feel they need to justify who they use. Just use this as a reminder to ask the question before signing over your hard earned money. You get what you pay for.

I’m gonna check more out not hearing good things about progressive I have travelers and use all the same amounts on it with progressive but I’m gonna have to Check more out before the truck gets here

kep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
USAA $237 for 6 months $300 deductible

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Good info. And, of course, in addition to already mentioned variables, there is the level of coverage. Is it bare minimum liability or higher coverage? How much is collision and comp deductible? Rental car coverage? Medical coverage level? Do they require you to run around and get 3 estimates, or do they have pre-approved repair shops that is basically drop it off and it's covered? So many variables that comparing costs from person to person or company to company is meaningless unless every one of the variables match. And they won't.

darren

First Name
darren piper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 f150
USAA $237 for 6 months $300 deductible
Dang that’s a good price I’m gonna check around more my current company said I can wait til the middle of April when it’s supposed to get truck this coming week a lot of companies don’t know how to price them yet I’m gonna go ahead and pay another Month then see

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Dang that’s a good price I’m gonna check around more my current company said I can wait til the middle of April when it’s supposed to get truck this coming week a lot of companies don’t know how to price them yet I’m gonna go ahead and pay another Month then see
Most insurance requires you to add the new vehicle to your policy within 30 days of purchase. They will cover the new one for that long, but after that time they may not cover it. When you add it, they will ask purchase date and will backdate coverage (and premium) to that date, so there is no point in waiting till the very end to make the change other than delaying payment a few weeks (unless you want to lie about the purchase date and then you have committed fraud if they find out).
Sponsored