Rock76

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
How do you like the AVS Hood shield? Is it a Bugflector II? I am considering getting one for my Truck...

Paul
I love it, a little tedious to install, but definitely worth it.

Yeah, it's the Bugflector II. I got it from CarID, I think. I've bought so much lately it's hard to keep up with what I got from where.
Sponsored

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.

Rock76

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase

Rock76

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase

REDWM

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2011 F150, 77 MGB, 2023 Bronco Sport
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I also put an AVS Bugflector on my Ranger. It took a little maneuvering to line up plastic connectors with the factory holes but with some
IMG_0442.JPG
adjustment I got it on. Screwing down the screws too much buckled the rubber so I backed them off a bit. I put the bump ons on the deflector since I ddin't want any chance that they would peel of paint if I ever decided to remove the AVS. It does tend to to keep bugs off the windshield and stones from chipping the lip of the hood.

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
Iconic Silver for me. Just bought it back in September and turned 2000 miles last week. I tinted the windows, nerf bars, front bug deflector, ford mud flaps, bilstein shocks, and lots more to come depending on my wallet. I love it so far!
20201101_163250.jpg

RoadtripsOfUnusualSize

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Formerly owner of an Ingot FX4
Occupation
Retired
The Ingot took us to Lake Livingston State Park today (Livingston, TX) where we had a picnic lunch. The pines smelled great, the lake was shrouded in mist, and we had a very nice time.

LLSP.jpg

Last edited:

RoadtripsOfUnusualSize

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Formerly owner of an Ingot FX4
Occupation
Retired
Our Ingot got into its first accident yesterday. We were up in OKC doing some tasks for #2 son's upcoming wedding. We were on I-35 leaving town on Saturday afternoon and heading back to our home in the DFW area. Traffic was crummy and we'd been starting/stopping on the interstate for 30 minutes trying to get out of OKC.

We'd stopped again and I looked in the rear view to make sure that everyone behind me was stopping okay. It all looked good and then suddenly I heard boom-boom-boom and we were thrown forward. Some pickup with a utility trailer four cars back couldn't stop and started a nice little pile up. We were the first in line and managed to not hit the car in front of us.

Once we were all able to pull over to the side of the road, I dashed back to check on everyone. The young man behind us was rubbing his chin and said that he'd hit it on his steering wheel. I turned him over to my wife for care and checked on everyone else. Everyone was frustrated and miserable, but no one seemed hurt. The guy with the chin was okay, but I bet his jaw was sore this morning.

We had zero damage. Chin guy was in an older Mustang. When he was hit from behind, he basically tried to crawl under our rear bumper. But instead, his nose met my tow hitch. I punched an impressive hole in the front of his car but I couldn't find any damage on the Ranger at all. After chatting with the others, they all agreed that there was no need for me to stick around. They started talking about police and insurance and we got out of there.

We dodged a bullet there. I'm impressed by my bumper and hitch.

Last edited:

dapakattack

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4
^ Glad you and the wife, and all the others, were alright. Happy to hear your Ranger apparently didn't suffer any damage (just make sure you look it over in the light of day...open and close all doors and the tailgate to make sure they operate properly). I've heard many stories of trailer hitches saving the owner from bumper damage. Worth the $150-200 investment.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Our Ingot got into its first accident yesterday. We were up in OKC doing some tasks for #2 son's upcoming wedding. We were on I-35 leaving town on Saturday afternoon and heading back to our home in the DFW area. Traffic was crummy and we'd been starting/stopping on the interstate for 30 minutes trying to get out of OKC.

We'd stopped again and I looked in the rear view to make sure that everyone behind me was stopping okay. It all looked good and then suddenly I heard boom-boom-boom and we were thrown forward. Some pickup with a utility trailer four cars back couldn't stop and started a nice little pile up. We were the first in line and managed to not hit the car in front of us.

Once we were all able to pull over to the side of the road, I dashed back to check on everyone. The young man behind us was rubbing his chin and said that he'd hit it on his steering wheel. I turned him over to my wife for care and checked on everyone else. Everyone was frustrated and miserable, but no one seemed hurt. The guy with the chin was okay, but I bet his jaw was sore this morning.

We had zero damage. Chin guy was in an older Mustang. When he was hit from behind, he basically tried to crawl under our rear bumper. But instead, his nose met my tow hitch. I punched an impressive hole in the front of his car but I couldn't not find any damage on the Ranger at all. After chatting with the others, they all agreed that there was no need for me to stick around. They started talking about police and insurance and we got out of there.

We dodged a bullet there. I'm impressed by my bumper and hitch.
John,
Glad there were no serious injuries :). I really like the steel bumpers on the Ranger for strength. Also, a good point you mentioned that a receiver hitch can be extra protection in case of a bump.

Rear shot 1.jpg

Receiver Hitch 1.jpg
Sponsored