I'm getting my transmission rebuilt or replaced

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I dropped off my truck on March 9th to address the crazy Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power I was experiencing. They had their in-house Transmission tech test drive it, and were able to replicate the sudden loss of power.

Latest update from last week:

This is Richie @ Ford. Our tech confirmed that we will be removing your transmission and performing a tear down/ cost cap analysis to determine if we will be rebuilding your transmission or replacing with a new unit. We will have more updates for you mid next week.

IMG_0855.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
Do you know how they replicated it? last week I was driving trying to merge and some JA decides to try to merge going 35 in a 60 and my I had to punch it and serve to avoid him and I my truck went into limp mode and I got that message I think it was upshifting while I was in the process of flooring it and it needed to downshift and got confused. no CEL was set just the monkey wrench on the Display Center.

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Do you know how they replicated it? last week I was driving trying to merge and some JA decides to try to merge going 35 in a 60 and my I had to punch it and serve to avoid him and I my truck went into limp mode and I got that message I think it was upshifting while I was in the process of flooring it and it needed to downshift and got confused. no CEL was set just the monkey wrench on the Display Center.
That's basically what is happening to me, however it was mostly happening when driving off from stopped. It felt like the transmission wasn't in gear at all, I could push the accelerator to get the RPMs going but the truck wouldn't move.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
That's rough, but it sounds like the dealership is taking care of you.

Did you at least get a loaner?

I'm curious as to what their final verdict on cause will be.

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That's rough, but it sounds like the dealership is taking care of you.

Did you at least get a loaner?

I'm curious as to what their final verdict on cause will be.
There was no loaner during the diagnostic phase, I guess I could ask for one now.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
There was no loaner during the diagnostic phase, I guess I could ask for one now.
Never hurts to ask.

"I was wondering if a loaner was applicable in the situation? Noticed a Mustang GT out there on the lot?"

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear about this, man. I am assuming that this is under warranty, and the whole thing, including the loaner, won't cost you anything? At least that's what should happen, with a mere 26K on it!

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear about this, man. I am assuming that this is under warranty, and the whole thing, including the loaner, won't cost you anything? At least that's what should happen, with a mere 26K on it!
This would be covered by the standard warranty, so no cost. I also have an extended warranty.
Sponsored