I'll be facing a dilemma in a few months

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Just got the email on Thursday that my Lariat Tremor has a build date of January 30th. I ordered it while still waiting for my Bronco order. I was honestly getting a little jaded by the whole Bronco fiasco. In the meantime my Bronco was built and I took delivery in October. I needed to get out of my Gladiator so I went for it.

CE52F591-FA19-4D6C-80EF-AF2C1F79BFB8.jpeg

I will say this. I have a second Bronco order that is still going to be a while. The one I have now was always meant to be a gateway Bronco so to speak. I ordered it with the soft top and without tow to hopefully speed it up a bit. It worked. The other is with Chapman and they still have hundreds of waiting orders. And now my Ranger is getting built.

I like the Bronco. Coming from the Gladiator, the ride is so much better and the seats are so much more comfortable. Way better as a daily driver that can still venture off road. But it does have it's annoying quirks.

Guess I need to do some serious pros and cons in my head before the Ranger arrives.
Sponsored

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Just got the email on Thursday that my Lariat Tremor has a build date of January 30th. I ordered it while still waiting for my Bronco order. I was honestly getting a little jaded by the whole Bronco fiasco. In the meantime my Bronco was built and I took delivery in October. I needed to get out of my Gladiator so I went for it.

CE52F591-FA19-4D6C-80EF-AF2C1F79BFB8.jpeg

I will say this. I have a second Bronco order that is still going to be a while. The one I have now was always meant to be a gateway Bronco so to speak. I ordered it with the soft top and without tow to hopefully speed it up a bit. It worked. The other is with Chapman and they still have hundreds of waiting orders. And now my Ranger is getting built.

I like the Bronco. Coming from the Gladiator, the ride is so much better and the seats are so much more comfortable. Way better as a daily driver that can still venture off road. But it does have it's annoying quirks.

Guess I need to do some serious pros and cons in my head before the Ranger arrives.
That would be tough. I really like my truck, but I would like to eventually replace Laurie's car with a four door Bronco.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Are you trying to decide which one to keep? I guess you need to ask yourself "do I really need a truck" because that's what it really comes down to. I need one mostly for work and it's super comfortable to drive so for me I can live with just one vehicle being a truck. The Bronco can be functional for a daily driver but I've read on B6G where some just didn't like it for that. Good thing is you have two brand new vehicles which should easily sell even in this market.

I too have a MIA Bronco which I've all but given up on. Honestly I don't even care about it anymore and I'm looking forward to the 6G PHEV Ranger now. Lord knows there's probably going to be delays with that too.

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Are you trying to decide which one to keep? I guess you need to ask yourself "do I really need a truck" because that's what it really comes down to. I need one mostly for work and it's super comfortable to drive so for me I can live with just one vehicle being a truck. The Bronco can be functional for a daily driver but I've read on B6G where some just didn't like it for that. Good thing is you have two brand new vehicles which should easily sell even in this market.

I too have a MIA Bronco which I've all but given up on. Honestly I don't even care about it anymore and I'm looking forward to the 6G PHEV Ranger now. Lord knows there's probably going to be delays with that too.
Yes trying to decide if I'm going to trade for the Ranger or wait for the Bronco I really want.

Do I absolutely need a truck? No. Do I like having one when I need it? Most definitely.

I have no issues with the Bronco as a daily driver. It's very comfortable. Yes the ride is firm. But it's nowhere near as jarring as my past Gladiator and Wrangler. I'm pretty sure the people who say it's not a good daily driver have never had a similar vehicle. They are coming from Subarus, Range Rovers, etc.

In a perfect world I'd have both. But I don't have it like that.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yes trying to decide if I'm going to trade for the Ranger or wait for the Bronco I really want.

Do I absolutely need a truck? No. Do I like having one when I need it? Most definitely.

I have no issues with the Bronco as a daily driver. It's very comfortable. Yes the ride is firm. But it's nowhere near as jarring as my past Gladiator and Wrangler. I'm pretty sure the people who say it's not a good daily driver have never had a similar vehicle. They are coming from Subarus, Range Rovers, etc.

In a perfect world I'd have both. But I don't have it like that.
That's a tough decision but if it were me and I didn't really "need" a truck most days I'd keep the Bronco. You can always rent a truck for the day relatively cheap when needed. The only other issue I can see would be towing capacity which is half of what the Ranger is. Again that might not be an issue but something to think about.

Surlyman

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Tremor
Occupation
Hitman
Think it all comes down to what you want out of it. I was awaiting to get on the bronco train, was just waiting for the dust to settle. A used Badlands came in just how I would have ordered, almost went for it.

Then knowing the Bronco is an RBV it finally dawned on me that the Ranger, especially the Tremor, is really the Bronco truck everyone’s been asking for, and the reason I’ll go out on a limb and say there won’t be an actual bronco truck.

Have you driven a Tremor yet? They really are quite special. The Badlands I test drove felt like an old jeep comparatively.

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Think it all comes down to what you want out of it. I was awaiting to get on the bronco train, was just waiting for the dust to settle. A used Badlands came in just how I would have ordered, almost went for it.

Then knowing the Bronco is an RBV it finally dawned on me that the Ranger, especially the Tremor, is really the Bronco truck everyone’s been asking for, and the reason I’ll go out on a limb and say there won’t be an actual bronco truck.

Have you driven a Tremor yet? They really are quite special. The Badlands I test drove felt like an old jeep comparatively.
I actually did test drive a Tremor and really liked it. I will say I'm not a rock crawler. My off roading is beaches and trails. I don't need anything like a Badlands. I actually would have settled for a Big Bend if Advance 4x4 was available without the Sasquatch package. And the Black Diamond MGV seats and washout floors are really nice.

I've only had the Bronco for two months. So I'll have a few more months of driving it to make a better decision.

I still think they will eventually make a Bronco based truck. Maybe a few years down the line when the dust finally settles. L I think they put it on the back burner to focus on getting existing orders out. Why add another model into the mix when you can even make enough of the existing models?

Surlyman

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Tremor
Occupation
Hitman
I actually did test drive a Tremor and really liked it. I will say I'm not a rock crawler. My off roading is beaches and trails. I don't need anything like a Badlands. I actually would have settled for a Big Bend if Advance 4x4 was available without the Sasquatch package. And the Black Diamond MGV seats and washout floors are really nice.

I've only had the Bronco for two months. So I'll have a few more months of driving it to make a better decision.

I still think they will eventually make a Bronco based truck. Maybe a few years down the line when the dust finally settles. L I think they put it on the back burner to focus on getting existing orders out. Why add another model into the mix when you can even make enough of the existing models?
Id say a Tremor will be more practical, and fun to drive, especially if you’re not needing the slight off-road advantage the badland brings. Not to mention the ride even on the street. Going sideways through driveways in a tremor make them feel nearly flat. While I too am awaiting delivery, after driving one I totally understood a desire I heard about to aim for potholes.

Yeah always a possibility. I always said they wouldn’t make a Tremor F150 with the 5.0 because that would cut into the raptor sales but lo’ and behold they did it.

BUT, it’s a little different with the Bronco and a potential truck variant. Remember, the Bronco is an Ranger Based Vehicle or “RBV”. I really can’t see Ford making two RBV trucks, especially with the extreme off-road oriented Raptor incoming.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
I had a Bronco on order for 18 months, then drove one.... nope, just like my jeep, I am older and hard seats and ride are not a thing any longer. Love my Ranger, and will certainly be looking hard at the PHEV when it hits the order banks.

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
BUT, it’s a little different with the Bronco and a potential truck variant. Remember, the Bronco is an Ranger Based Vehicle or “RBV”. I really can’t see Ford making two RBV trucks, especially with the extreme off-road oriented Raptor incoming.
Thing is the Gladiator has zero competition. Yes it's a mid size truck. But it's the only convertible mid size truck with removable doors. Just like up until 2021 the Wrangler was the only convertible SUV with removable doors. There are always going to be people who want a mid size truck but have zero desire to have a removable top and doors. Same as there are folks who would love to have one, but don't want a Jeep product.

On the flipside I'm sure there are many who would love to have more options for a body on frame SUV but don't need the removable bits. I read an article stating the demand for BoF SUVs is higher than it's ever been. This is why I have been saying the Everest would do great in the states. I'd buy one in a second.

Sorry went a little off the rails there. LOL

1670090546534.png