I Traded My Ranger Today - So Long, and Thank You

Roaring Gorilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Ridgeline AWD Sport
It is with a heavy-heart that I decided to trade-in my 2019 XLT Ranger today. I was offered $28,500 for the vehicle; which was about $2,000 more than what I paid for it in 2019 with the year-end rebates at the time.

I am going to miss this community and all the helpful insight everyone has afforded me the last roughly year and half.

Perhaps, I will return to the Ranger in the future once the Ranger Raptor is on the market. Wishing everyone the best with their individual Rangers moving forward in the future.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Roaring Gorilla

Roaring Gorilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whyd you trade it in? And what are you moving on to?
My biggest reasons are my continued concern with the fuel in oil smell over the course of ownership, my continued poor fuel economy, my concern over the longevity of the engine, and finally the fact I was able to trade the vehicle in for more than I originally purchased.

I know I will catch some heat, but I actually purchased a 'new' hold-over 2020 Honda Ridgeline AWD today. I got nearly $1,500 off dealer invoice - which is incredible on a Honda.

Again, I love Ford. I loved my Ranger. It just made sense in my opinion at this time to trade my truck in while its value is high.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hate to see you go but that's a really good price for your trade in. Are you getting another truck or just waiting for the Ranger Raptor? You can still stick around on the site even though you don't have a Ranger anymore. I know if that day comes I will but I have a lot of people that still need my help with their damper purchases....Mainly AL @Texasota! My job won't be complete until he has one on his Ranger even if I have to sneak over and instal one myself! :ninja:

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
... I know I will catch some heat, but I actually purchased a 'new' hold-over 2020 Honda Ridgeline AWD today. I got nearly $1,500 off dealer invoice - which is incredible on a Honda.
I have to say this... now you have a place to store your purse in the bed... ? jk

Stick around, no need to leave. Once a Ranger owner, always a member.

OP
OP
Roaring Gorilla

Roaring Gorilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hate to see you go but that's a really good price for your trade in. Are you getting another truck or just waiting for the Ranger Raptor? You can still stick around on the site even though you don't have a Ranger anymore. I know if that day comes I will but I have a lot of people that still need my help with their damper purchases....Mainly AL @Texasota! My job won't be complete until he has one on his Ranger even if I have to sneak over and instal one myself! :ninja:
AZScorpion - thanks for the kind words and the help you offered to me over the time I have been a member here.

I went with a 'new' 2020 Honda Ridgeline AWD Sport. Got a great deal on it since it was a hold-over. I think this new truck will continue to serve my needs well considering what I typically use a truck for.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
Whats your honest opinion on the 2020 Honda Ridgeline AWD? Maybe still too new to have a proper assessment though.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
AZScorpion - thanks for the kind words and the help you offered to me over the time I have been a member here.

I went with a 'new' 2020 Honda Ridgeline AWD Sport. Got a great deal on it since it was a hold-over. I think this new truck will continue to serve my needs well considering what I typically use a truck for.
Thanks RG! I wish you the best with your new truck, I know Tom @SubVet really likes his Ridgeline. But stop back and keep in touch with us as we'll miss you here. :)

OP
OP
Roaring Gorilla

Roaring Gorilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whats your honest opinion on the 2020 Honda Ridgeline AWD? Maybe still too new to have a proper assessment though.
Well, I have already driven 200 miles in the truck. It was pouring rain on way back from the dealership. The Ridgeline handled it very well without any hesitant. It has very good acceleration and maneuverability. The infotainment system blows Sync away IMO (which maybe is not too hard to do considering I had the base 300A equipment group with the 4" screen).

armoredpig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Nurse
Lots of good things about the Ridgeline! I'd say it's a super sensible vehicle to buy. Loads of every day usability and much more refined than our Rangers as far as ergonomics and fit/finish.

Does your 2020 RL come with the Honda sensing suite? I found the lane centering feature and ACC to work way better than on the equipped Rangers.

I did consider one, but the Ranger is just so badass

Last edited:

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
sounds like the Ridgeline is the better option for you. We have a 2014 Ridgeline at work (I don’t know why a construction company has one in the fleet) but regardless it’s got 225,000 miles on it and I enjoy driving it. For what I do I wouldn’t replace my Ranger with one but I totally get why some people would. Congrats!

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
IS the maverick suppose to be the ridgelines competitor? Ive never seen one in person and I dont understand whats it about. It just looks like a small truck to me. Like something an El Camino has transformed into.

NeptuneRanger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Insurance Agency Owner AZ, CA, CO and WA.
Best wishes ! It all comes down to peace of mind in the end. Everyone has a different path. So happy on the trade value, great news ! It saddens me that the fuel smell in the oil influenced your decision. There are countless threads on it, so won’t rehash here. The main thing is you are happy and that is all the matters. Safe travels.

LoneRNGR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
The Ridgeline seems to be the more practical vehicle for me, but when I was a young man, I desired a compact 4x4 pickup, so when I got old, I decided that the Ranger fit that desire best and I got it. So the Ranger is my mid-life crisis car! ?
Sponsored