Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
You will really enjoy that Ridgeline no doubt. I drove 2007 for five years and to this day I still miss that under bed storage it had! The only reason I didn’t look at them this time is the Ranger has so much higher towing capability.

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
Good luck with it! I drove one 6months ago, a pretty high level trim package and it was nice. More car-like over the Ranger. I'm 52 and maybe in a couple more years I will want something like it, especially if a great hybrid version is offered by someone. The sales guy would not move off of sticker price or I might have been tempted to trade. We never even got to trade in value which I suspect would have been insulting b/c of all the trash he was talking.

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Sport Lariat 2WD Plat. White
My decision was between the Ranger and the Ridgeline AWB RTL-E but in the end the Ranger was about 4k cheaper out the door.. even though it is a 2wd vs the RL AWD... I like the new styling they did on the 2021 and the much heavier hood - as to not shake.

As for the infotainment system, the higher trim RL system is like playing mario bros on a computer from 1985 vs the Ford Sync system. If you have an xl or xlt ranger w/smaller one then it's an upgrade but if you have the Sync 3 then you'd be disappointed IMO.

If Honda updates the Dash display w/similar to Civic and updates the infotainment system across the board, I would probably consider trading the Ranger in but I'm thinking that's at best 5 years away so that gives me some time.

I do love the functionality of the RL... especially since I don't ever tow... but, I do smile every time I see my Ranger in a parking spot, or zip away from a light.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
You gotta do what you gotta do. I hope the Ridgeline serves you well. And as stated, hang around. If you don't you know you'll miss this peanut gallery. :)

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
Hate to see you go but that's a really good price for your trade in. Are you getting another truck or just waiting for the Ranger Raptor? You can still stick around on the site even though you don't have a Ranger anymore. I know if that day comes I will but I have a lot of people that still need my help with their damper purchases....Mainly AL @Texasota! My job won't be complete until he has one on his Ranger even if I have to sneak over and instal one myself! :ninja:
Dave, my Ranger is safe and secure (with his nitelight) in the garage and protected with a whole-house security system. You aren't getting anywhere near his tailgate. :rolleyes:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Dave, my Ranger is safe and secure (with his nitelight) in the garage and protected with a whole-house security system. You aren't getting anywhere near his tailgate. :rolleyes:
You forgot one thing, I have friends who can help me. With @FoD & @KJRR there's no stopping us from dampering you. It's only a matter of time my friend you'll wake up one morning and look like this. Stop fighting it! :stop:

Skinny Arms.png

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
You forgot one thing, I have friends who can help me. With @FoD & @KJRR there's no stopping us from dampering you. It's only a matter of time my friend you'll wake up one morning and look like this. Stop fighting it! :stop:

Skinny Arms.png
Everybody says:

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
The Maverick and Ridgeline are both FWD/AWD unibody trucks, but are in different classes. The Maverick will be a compact truck, completing the Ford suite of trucks, while the Ridgeline is midsize. Plus, the Maverick will having a starting price of almost half that of the Ridgeline ($20k vs $36k).

Somebody might cross shop them, but they're not meant to be competitors in my mind. As of right now, there is no other compact truck in the US/CAN market, so the Maverick will essentially have no competition within it's class. Until the Hyundai Santa Cruz.

The Maverick isn't for everybody, and "real truck guys" will hate it because it's AWD unibody and not "manly" enough, but I think it's a pretty cool idea and I have a feeling it'll be a good fit for urban housed adventurers and DIYers.
Thank You, I appreciate it.

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
I can't imagine trading in a new-ish vehicle just because of problems that "might" happen. These forums are great but represent a small portion of Ranger owners and even smaller portion of "possible" problems....

But as a few mentioned you have to love and enjoy what you drive!

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I can't imagine trading in a new-ish vehicle just because of problems that "might" happen. These forums are great but represent a small portion of Ranger owners and even smaller portion of "possible" problems....
I can imagine it if I made a profit. :D The ridgeline is IMO worth looking at for most truck buyers (who aren't ever going to push its limits). I knocked it out of consideration only because 1) I wanted a bigger bed a lot more than a back seat and 2) I'm still holding a grudge from my last honda that hit early retirement at 100k miles. :)

dobs88

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT S-Cab, 2020 Toyota Camry LE
Occupation
Retired
Enjoy the Ridgeline, you got a great deal on your Ranger. I’m sure the Ridgeline will serve you well. I just purchased a 2021 Ranger XLT Supercab, I came from a 2018 Toyota Tacoma (4cyl) but needed something that could tow a travel trailer. I got a super trade in value for my Tacoma and $4,800 off the sticker on the Ranger. I considered a new 6cyl Tacoma as well as a full size truck but they’re crazy money as far as I’m concerned. The Ranger is under warranty for three years, I reconsider my options at that point. I must say I find the overall drive ability of the Ranger better than the Tacoma. The seating position is better as well as the ride, the infotainment is much better. The Tacoma was always hunting for the correct gear as well. Toyota could have a better job there. On the other hand Ford should have included a brake controller with the tow package, not offering that option was shortsighted on their part. Enjoy the Ridgeline.
Sponsored