micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Started counting this year 7 yrs to go for me.
Congrats on a long and happy career. Enjoy retirement and definitely get a hobby!
Sponsored

Last edited:

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
After a 38 year run with an incredible company I retired today. I've been so fortunate to be blessed with the most amazing family ever, and had an outstanding career donig what I loved. I hope I don't get bored and drive my lovely wife crazy..........haha

Congratulations. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Enjoy your self. Retirement is awesome !!!

After 4 3/4 years I no longer have to remind myself to just slow down. I don't have to go to work in the morning. It is absolutely great. :)

Jim C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger
Congratulations!, I am 16 years into a double retirement and still loving it, but the key is to have hobbies!!!. I scuba dive, hike, ride M/C's, build websites, love playing VR, and still manage to drive my wife of 30 years crazy :), thank goodness she is a good sport!

I thought i was the only older guy still playing vid games
:)

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
I'm as old as anyone here, and have been retired for 21 years. Having hobbies is one of the prerequisite needs for a happy retirement. What you shouldn't do is important too!

If you smoke, quit! If you're a lounge potato, get off your fat arse! Don't drink as much as you used to! If you're married, treat your spouse as if today is your last day on earth! Read a few books! If you don't have a dog, get one! And when you awake in the morning, thank the Lord!

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Congratulations! :clap:

I had planned on retiring in March 2020 and my boss talked me into cutting back my hours and staying on. I was just enough nervous I agreed and I cut back to 3 days a week.

I announced right after the beginning of this year that I was going to pull the plug completely in June. Again my boss asked me if I would be agreeable to answering phone call questions and occasionally coming when needed. I agreed and my official status is casual part time. My wife likes the arrangement, everytime the phone rings she goes "WoHo, dinner out tonight".

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
After a 38 year run with an incredible company I retired today. I've been so fortunate to be blessed with the most amazing family ever, and had an outstanding career donig what I loved. I hope I don't get bored and drive my lovely wife crazy..........haha
Congratulations! I've been retired a year , yes it gets boring, I may get a part time job in the spring.

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
Having hobbies is one of the prerequisite needs for a happy retirement. What you shouldn't do is important too!

If you smoke, quit! If you're a lounge potato, get off your fat arse! Don't drink as much as you used to! If you're married, treat your spouse as if today is your last day on earth! Read a few books! If you don't have a dog, get one! And when you awake in the morning, thank the Lord!
Enjoy your well deserved retirement!! I agree with all these points, except I ain't much for having a fulltime dog, but pup visitors are great! And the lord, well, he might believe in me, but I can't say the same in return.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
I'm as old as anyone here, and have been retired for 21 years. Having hobbies is one of the prerequisite needs for a happy retirement. What you shouldn't do is important too!

THIS!!! I have all of these points covered!

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
I thought i was the only older guy still playing vid games
:)
I am not a big 'flat screen' gamer, but I am hooked on VR. I have a newer Valve Index with a dedicated high end purpose built gaming PC, and a large living room :). I don't play a lot in the summer as we are out and about, but winter is another story, besides, it keeps me moving as in some games I break a sweat! :)

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Congratulations Jeff, retirement is a wonderful thing. You show me a man that doesn't like retirement, and I'll show you a man that ain't doing it right. :)

Just one suggestioon. Find someting to do, or some place to go to get out of your dear wife's hair for a while. You be glad you did, and she will also. :LOL::turkey: :turkey: :turkey: It took me just a few weeks to realize that. It was right after she gave me "The Look".

Last edited:

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO

Words to retire by Alan. :thumbsup:
Sponsored