ParkerAzJeff

ParkerAzJeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ranger 2019 Ranger
I appreciate all of the advice and words of wisdom. It's pretty funny though because when I made my decision 5 weeks ago my wife started writing a list of honey do's that's going keep me busier than working.
Sponsored

tfisher15

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, Supercrew, 4x4; 69 Firebird Conv
Occupation
Retired
I appreciate all of the advice and words of wisdom. It's pretty funny though because when I made my decision 5 weeks ago my wife started writing a list of honey do's that's going keep me busier than working.
Besides all of the above, I also recommend looking for a local non-profit to volunteer your services. I’m sure that there will be several that can use your expertise. I ended up volunteering with our local Habitat for Humanity for many years by serving on the board of directors. It is very rewarding to help others.

Synfulz

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Diesel :)
Occupation
Retired Powerplant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Congratulations. I myself am getting ready to retire also. Just some XX days away. Trying to resolve some paperwork issues. I work for the USACE and now that I am doing my paperwork I am trying to understand how the government functions on a daily basis. But I will get there.......soon! But I am heading overseas to the Philippines where I am all setup over there. I am looking forward to waking when I want, and then walking my dog. I like to golf, snorkel, and sight see.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
It's for sure you'll wonder how you found time to work. My honey-do is a fluid thing. I take one off the top, she adds two too the bottom. :)

Last edited:

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
…My wife likes the arrangement, everytime the phone rings she goes "WoHo, dinner out tonight".
I have a special ring tone for when work calls me. When that goes off it’s a $1400 call for me to pull a 12 hr shift. I always give my wife $100 for any “call out” since it takes time away from us. Sometimes we have to cancel dinner plans, or plans to do something together. So I understand your post. I am gonna miss the ringtone in 2022.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
I "semi" retired from over the road truck driving in 2017, doing only the "cake" runs:
no more East or West Coast, Chicago, Atlanta, or Wyoming. I fully retired about a year ago. Now, every day is Saturday. Except Sunday. What's a truck driver to to do with all the free time? hit the road, of course!
Enjoy your woodworking. Active hands and mind keeps the soul young!

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
After a 38 year run with an incredible company I retired today. I've been so fortunate to be blessed with the most amazing family ever, and had an outstanding career donig what I loved. I hope I don't get bored and drive my lovely wife crazy..........haha
Congrats!:clap: I'm sure you'll find plenty to do to keep busy. Great opportunity to try new hobbies.
About 4.5 yrs away myself I hope and trying to get the 'to-do' list completed before then. An impossible task but still trying.
Before I retired, my superior asked when and if I had set a date for retirement. I told him three bad days in a row and I'm out of here. After that, he kept asking me how it was going. :crackup:
I like the 3 bad days idea and have always had a formula in my head for when its time to find a new job - When the frustration level exceeds the rate of pay for an extended amount of time, its time.
Been at the same place for 24 yrs in various roles and been close several times; good thing for sizeable pay increases.:wink: Now its not so much finding another job as it is deciding to retire.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Congrats Jeff! ?

I've been semi retired for 6 years now and on the days I'm not working I still stay busy, somedays to busy. Trust me you'll find things to do and then ask yourself "How did I ever work and get all this stuff done too".

Now if I could stop buying stuff I'd retire for good but then my damper business would close and there's be many sad people on Ranger5G. ? And you thought your retirement thread could get by without a damper post?? Good luck and have fun!!!

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
The thing I like best about being retired is there is no pressure to finish projects today. I have never been lacking for things to do, just now if it takes two days to get it done so be it. :)

Now that I have the honey do list finished for now I have permission to start my retirement project. A Factory Five hot rod kit called Speed Star.

IMG_20200207_114324217.jpg

Have a 5.7 Hemi in the garage to power it with a Tremec T5 5 speed tranny.

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
The thing I like best about being retired is there is no pressure to finish projects today. I have never been lacking for things to do, just now if it takes two days to get it done so be it. :)

Now that I have the honey do list finished for now I have permission to start my retirement project. A Factory Five hot rod kit called Speed Star.

IMG_20200207_114324217.jpg

Have a 5.7 Hemi in the garage to power it with a Tremec T5 5 speed tranny.
Nice cars and that is a great project!

I could not agree more about projects. What doesn't get done today will be there tomorrow. If I have a project like pressure washing / staining the deck, I am good for 3 to 4 hours a day max. Then it's time for something more fun. :) No boredom for me.:thumbsup:

yamahaSHO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Ranger, 23 Maverick, 04 S2000, 07 Sky RL
Occupation
ECU Calibration - USAF Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I retired from the Air Force earlier this year and have been juggling a position at FEMA and my own business (ECU tuning). We've decided that I will quit FEMA and just do my own business on my own schedule/pace, in the spring. I'm still fairly young (39), so I am now at a point where I want to make my job what I want, when I want it, in support of things I want to do (like combine a racing/off-roading/or family trip with some work). I've never lacked projects... In fact, I am looking to reduce those.

We also decided we are moving to where we can make our money go further, and get away from the California-likeness here in Colorado.

RBH54

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Supercrew FX4 w/Trailer Towing
Occupation
Retired
I retired 5 years ago after more than 42 years at one company. My wife and I now take frequent road trips for sight-seeing and visiting the families of our 5 kids and 10 (so far) grandkids. Hard to believe life can be so good.

ROBERTECOX

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat 2wd sport pkg
Occupation
US ARMY (RETIRED)
Retired 14 yrs ago after 34 yrs in the Army. Went cold turkey...haven't been on a military post since I checked out. One of the things I miss the most>>>the Class VI store.?

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats. You,re gonna love it. But Most importantly, Try to stay fit And stay away from the news. It poison's your mind.
Sponsored