20 years Retired.

mustang marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger stx sabertooth , 04 stang ragtop 40th anvrs. , 66 stang fastback 2 plus 2
Occupation
A happy retired guy
Fantastic Phil wishing you many more . My former boss and friend once told me he made it ; his 30 years retired now were equal to his 30 years on the job . That is now my goal but I only have 11 years retired after 31 on the job . What is another 20 just know it beats working no matter what I am doing .

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Fantastic Phil wishing you many more . My former boss and friend once told me he made it ; his 30 years retired now were equal to his 30 years on the job . That is now my goal but I only have 11 years retired after 31 on the job . What is another 20 just know it beats working no matter what I am doing .
Amen brother. I was blessed, and was able to retire at 55. Fourteen years in, and I have it down to a science now. At first I wasn't reading the signals correctly, and that was getting me into a bit of trouble. But I worked harder, paid attention, and I now know the look that says "Boy, you better find someting to do, and get out of my hair for awhile". So, when I see that look I head to the basement or the garage, and live to see another day of retirement. :handsinair:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Amen brother. I was blessed, and was able to retire at 55. Fourteen years in, and I have it down to a science now. At first I wasn't reading the signals correctly, and that was getting me into a bit of trouble. But I worked harder, paid attention, and I now know the look that says "Boy, you better find someting to do, and get out of my hair for awhile". So, when I see that look I head to the basement or the garage, and live to see another day of retirement. :handsinair:
Must be the same look you got from Tracy @Tracy Bowman a few months ago. ?:shock:

So this is what I have to look forward too? :surprised:

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Must be the same look you got from Tracy @Tracy Bowman a few months ago. ?:shock:

So this is what I have to look forward too? :surprised:

Same look that has so many different meanings, none of them good for any man. When I got that look from Tracy @Tracy Bowman I though my wife had made her own account here just too make sure I wasn't getting out of hand. :giggle:

BTW, just a word of advise from one that learned the hard way. Start paying attention early before you retire. I still wear the mental scars because I didn't learn soon enough. o_O :turkey: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey: (Turkeys for Tracey. That's what I'm talkin' 'bout :) )

Jim C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger
Hi Folks,

Today I achieved 20 years in retirement from Ford Motor Co. 2/3 of my Ford career...last 5 were Head of Ranger Vehicle Engineering. December 1 of 2002 I closed the door on my career and started a new adventure called retirement... It has been such an underrated adventure and I highly recommend it.

best,
Phil
congrats to you Phil & everyone of you that has hit the lottery (retired)
im seeing the end of the tunnel ATM recovering from knee replacement & after that all bets are off
my only concern is health insurance but once i figure that part out so am I

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
May I add my congratulations to you also Phil. 20 is a number that adds up quickly, doesn't it? Both my father and my father-in-law achieved more years in retirement than their working years. RIP.
I always asked them "what's it like?" Well, I'm almost 3 years into it myself now.
I think (IMHO) that anyone who worked anything remotely related to automotive are the most deserving to successfully retire at it. Cheers!
Sponsored