I need some advice from your inner Interior Decorator...

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
My Red Heeler sheds if you look at her funny- you’ll see wisps of fur flying in the wind. I use duct tape tape and our Dyson to clean up my backseat.
I’m not a huge fan of leather & dogs. The seems to cloths hold up better.
My dog also sheds like crazy and he has short light colored hair that sticks in fabric like barbs. I got this rubber pet hair brush made by Chemical Guys and it works great to pick up the hairs. It also works good on carpet and my sofa.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0042B4B3U?psc=1

I have the WeatherTech backseat cover which helps. It's okay, not great. It doesn't want to fit snug up around the headrests. His hairs still blow all around the tuck though.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SheepDogRain-Jar

SheepDogRain-Jar

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019.5 Ford Ranger XLT CPR
Occupation
Retired LEO/Retired Military/Doctoral Student
This is the exact reason I got the black. I had a beautiful blue sweater that the blue transferred to my beautiful camel colored leather couch.:frown:
Tracy;
Thank you for replying to my post. I feel like a king!
v/r,
Bill

OP
OP
SheepDogRain-Jar

SheepDogRain-Jar

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
My dog also sheds like crazy and he has short light colored hair that sticks in fabric like barbs. I got this rubber pet hair brush made by Chemical Guys and it works great to pick up the hairs. It also works good on carpet and my sofa.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0042B4B3U?psc=1

I have the WeatherTech backseat cover which helps. It's okay, not great. It doesn't want to fit snug up around the headrests. His hairs still blow all around the tuck though.
Mark;
Thank you for your input. I will check out the brush. Hoping not to do anymore effort than I have to, thus the leather. But I have upholstery in the house that could use it.
Thx again.
-Bill

OP
OP
SheepDogRain-Jar

SheepDogRain-Jar

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I strongly prefer black leather for seats. Minimal cleaning required, and blue jean dye transfer doesn’t alter the color.
Funny, you brought a point that many agree on (even Tracy Bowman - she actually reads my blogs!!!!!). Since I seldom where jeans (I’m a khaki kind of guy, or trail pants) I don’t think that will sway my vote. But TY for the input.
-Bill

OP
OP
SheepDogRain-Jar

SheepDogRain-Jar

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
We make it a habit to buy everything to match our dog and cat's hair color (thankfully they both match each other, lol).

Agree on the black leather statement above. The black leather in our Ranger has been very low maintenance.
Tanuki_Tui_bed.jpg
OMG precious! I wish I could get Tux to pose with Pepper like that. But then you would say, black like your Maine Coon Cat.

OP
OP
SheepDogRain-Jar

SheepDogRain-Jar

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
You think thats bad, try having two corgi's and a cat...

IMG_20210626_134501.jpg

IMG_20210626_134458.jpg

IMG_1168.JPG
Thank you for sharing pics of your children. I think I have found the formula for having a decent, calm, helpful posting…..mention how dogs relate. Thx for ur time.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Our furbaby does not shed...?

IMG_7040.JPG

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
Background to my problem: I have a GSD that sheds (maybe molts is a better description!) more than all my previous dogs....combined! His hair actually weaves itself into the fibers of my cloth seats, that even Momma's Dyson "Animal' needs several passes. I have (and tried many more....) car covers and currently using a hammock from 4Knines.com.
When I mentioned this problem at the dealer and said my next Ranger's interior would be in leather, they informed me you can change the cloth to leather in an easy conversion, which fits like OEM but is a fraction of the cost of a factory leather package. No matter the color you pick, with matching/contrasting color stitching and different color "wings" are the same cost. Only logos in the headrest or shoulder area, have an additional cost.

Need advice: I am thinking of a lighter color to contrast the CPR exterior. I understand some may say the original black won't show dirt/stains, but I found a great cleaning product for my wife's 2006 Mustang convertible and the tan leather interior looks like new (even when she leaves the top down on rainy fall days!). In the photo you will see the colors available from Katzkin.
I included the color of the CPR exterior so you can see how it will contrast. I won't tell you what I'm leaning to, as not to bias your suggestion and to see what other Ranger-owners would do.

Thanks for your time and advice.
I have a brand new complete Lariat black leather bench, I removed from my truck soon after I got it. You can have it for $100 USD if you can come get it.

12Bravo20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
retired
I have to deal with the same thing. I put an old full size comforter on the back seat. It's not perfect but it does help a lot.

And talk about shedding. My dog is Golden Retriever/Labrador/Husky mix. He leaves mini Teddie bear hamsters on the floor when he sheds.

Val supervising SM.jpg

OP
OP
SheepDogRain-Jar

SheepDogRain-Jar

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I have to deal with the same thing. I put an old full size comforter on the back seat. It's not perfect but it does help a lot.

And talk about shedding. My dog is Golden Retriever/Labrador/Husky mix. He leaves mini Teddie bear hamsters on the floor when he sheds.

Val supervising SM.jpg
Nice! Cute, I can see the lab and def GS but maybe the tail? Thx for input SGT Engineer!

OP
OP
SheepDogRain-Jar

SheepDogRain-Jar

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Actually I think I can put an end to this blog, even though it was nice to see all the pics of the pups. I have decided to put the change on the back burner….bc…<wait for it>, this channel taught me that in 2022 they are bringing back the CPR color, so I’m updating to a 2022, CPR, Tremor, leather, black-out pkg. I’m so happy! This will be my for-ever truck, till….?

OP
OP
SheepDogRain-Jar

SheepDogRain-Jar

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I have a brand new complete Lariat black leather bench, I removed from my truck soon after I got it. You can have it for $100 USD if you can come get it.
I’m afraid Canada is too far. But TY for the offer. I’m sure someone will grab that, it is a good deal! Don’t forget the marketplace….

OP
OP
SheepDogRain-Jar

SheepDogRain-Jar

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bill, here is a pic of our 3 y/o spoiled rotten, big baby. One of the sweetest dogs we’ve ever had.?
BC0A58C1-F563-4207-85B8-DBE7A039BE98.jpeg
Ahhhh, Tracy sry for not replying earlier. Beautiful! Yep, they are the best (IMHO)!
Sponsored