I have a ghost in my new truck.......

Yikes1961

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
either that or I'm not sure what's going on. My new Ford Ranger (2019) is turning the headlight control circle (?) from auto to off, or from auto to on. This has happened multiple times in the past few weeks. I know for a fact I'm not turning it off myself, I like my lights on auto. One day I was leaving work in the dark and didn't know why people were flashing their lights at me. Turned out my lights were off. Then yesterday I was messing around with connecting my iphone and when I opened the door, the chime started up. It was because my lights had been turned on. Today, I went to work, (auto setting) and at lunch it was turned to on. Another thread suggested they were hitting it with their knee, I am 5'4", and there's no way my knee is hitting it. I am going to keep an eye on it. Also, I wish the knob had a line that actually showed up. I had to use red nail polish to get it to be visible.
Sponsored

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I'm still gonna place my money on "the knee" being the culprit. :)

Reason being is my Vette has a small square button on the lower part of the dash to the left of the steering wheel that opens the trunk. How my knee can hit that little button getting out is beyond me, but danged if I can't manage to hit from time to time. And to top it off, it's my right knee that hits that little bugger.

Welcome to the forum Becky.

OP
OP
Yikes1961

Yikes1961

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger

Reason being is my Vette has a small square button on the lower part of the dash to the left of the steering wheel that opens the trunk. How my knee can hit that little button getting out is beyond me, but danged if I can't manage to hit from time to time. And to top it off, it's my right knee that hits that little bugger.

Well that explains why I had to keep shutting the trunk on my Mustang LOL
Thanks!

KnightRanger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger, 2016 Harley FLSS,
Vehicle Showcase
It has happened to me too...I believe wanted is right.
It might’ve been my knees/leg hitting the switch. lol

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Well that explains why I had to keep shutting the trunk on my Mustang LOL
Thanks!
@Yikes1961 Oh yeah, I forgot about the wife's Mustang. I do the same thing with that sucker also. :crazy::facepalm: I think it's some kind of Communist plot to overthrow the government.

Igor

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2020 XLT 4x4 Sport
either that or I'm not sure what's going on. My new Ford Ranger (2019) is turning the headlight control circle (?) from auto to off, or from auto to on. This has happened multiple times in the past few weeks. I know for a fact I'm not turning it off myself, I like my lights on auto. One day I was leaving work in the dark and didn't know why people were flashing their lights at me. Turned out my lights were off. Then yesterday I was messing around with connecting my iphone and when I opened the door, the chime started up. It was because my lights had been turned on. Today, I went to work, (auto setting) and at lunch it was turned to on. Another thread suggested they were hitting it with their knee, I am 5'4", and there's no way my knee is hitting it. I am going to keep an eye on it. Also, I wish the knob had a line that actually showed up. I had to use red nail polish to get it to be visible.
Knee. I have the same issue when seat is too close to the panel. :)
Have the same issue on Escape.

OP
OP
Yikes1961

Yikes1961

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
My knee is a good six or 7 inches away from the knob. I’m just not sure how that would even be possible. I’m a shorty McShorterson! I’m definitely keeping an eye on it though

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
My knee is a good six or 7 inches away from the knob. I’m just not sure how that would even be possible. I’m a shorty McShorterson! I’m definitely keeping an eye on it though
It happens when you get in or out of the truck. That is how I know.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not a tall person and my seating position is far enough back that my knee is nowhere near the knob. Yet, on multiple different occasions I have hit it getting in or out of my ranger. I also am guilty of hitting the trunk button in my Mustang, though far less because I used the easy entry/exit function that slid the seat back.

Another vote for the knees here.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
+1 more for the knees, done it myself a few times. Not sure height has a lot to do with it.

CoMtnRanger

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Ranger STX Supercab 4X4, 3" lift
Occupation
Engineer

Totally agree - my knee is not my friend! And welcome Becky!
Sponsored