I have a 2019 early production model, any issues to be aware of?

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
My 2019 with a production date of Jan. 2019 has been fairly problem free except that auto stop-start quit working and the transmission flares excessily from 2-3.

any issues to be aware of on early production models? I did install an engine cover which seems to be a good idea from what I've read so far.
the 2019s are the good ones! they have all the standard features included before ford started removing them and still charging us for them lol.

briansco

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Engineer
the 2019s are the good ones! they have all the standard features included before ford started removing them and still charging us for them lol.
I have a 2019 earlier model and you are correct. My son has a 2023 XLT and it is missing things that are standard on mine. Electric mirrors, front radar, Start/Stop etc. Figured they were using the chip shortage excuse. Maybe it was an added option.

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
My 2019 with a production date of Jan. 2019 has been fairly problem free except that auto stop-start quit working and the transmission flares excessily from 2-3.

any issues to be aware of on early production models? I did install an engine cover which seems to be a good idea from what I've read so far.
I bought a 2019 6 Jan 2024 with 28,000 miles. CarFax was clean. The first week of ownership had to replace a fuel pressure sensor in the tank (drop the tank). The blend doors malfunctioned the 3rd week and was replaced. I have an appt next week to address the transmission surging and hard shifting. The auto start/stop was a pain so I unplugged it. I'm hoping this will slow down at some point. This is the 1st Ford I've owned in 30 years and to say I'm not impressed is to put it lightly.

underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SC XLT FX4, 1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase
I bought a 2019 6 Jan 2024 with 28,000 miles. CarFax was clean. The first week of ownership had to replace a fuel pressure sensor in the tank (drop the tank). The blend doors malfunctioned the 3rd week and was replaced. I have an appt next week to address the transmission surging and hard shifting. The auto start/stop was a pain so I unplugged it. I'm hoping this will slow down at some point. This is the 1st Ford I've owned in 30 years and to say I'm not impressed is to put it lightly.
If you havenā€™t already look at the bucking and surging thread. Seems most people fix it with a cheap part in a half an hour or less.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/bucking-surging-epidemic.14581/page-42

GhostStrykre

First Name
Bowen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
yeah we've all ran into our fair share of issues with our rangers. the majority of the common issues on this truck are not show stoppers. a blown transmission and the radiator fan issue (this one seems way less common) seem to be the big ones that are show stoppers. the rest are problems with varying levels of annoyance.

i mention that because the truck is damn fun to drive. when it's running right, it's wonderful. on the plus side, the issues you mentioned are of the sort that i think once you get them resolved, you shouldn't have many more going forward!

i was also going to add what @underwhelmed just shared. the bucking-surging epidemic impacted my 2019 as well. a $30 sensor, easily obtained online, and like 15-20 minutes of your time fixes it completely. i speak from experience. if your symptoms are like those outlined in that thread, then try the sensor fix.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
I have a 2019 earlier model and you are correct. My son has a 2023 XLT and it is missing things that are standard on mine. Electric mirrors, front radar, Start/Stop etc. Figured they were using the chip shortage excuse. Maybe it was an added option.
some place around r5g is a list of the deleted standard equipment that ford still charged us for and kept advertising... sad. i could use all the tie downs. im still pissed about the headrests not adjusting... i could almost see if it was the base xl no options but mines an xlt sport 301a or whatever. besides adjustable headrests are standard on practically every car now.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
yeah we've all ran into our fair share of issues with our rangers. the majority of the common issues on this truck are not show stoppers.
Well, I won't speak for everyone, but I've not had any issues with my 2019 - coming up on 5 years of ownership now. It has been a great truck for me.

Reidster

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
March 2019 Ranger... Two rear ends in 54k miles. Axel seals seen to be a problem. If wheels on one side look darker than the other side, there may be a problem. Also had the bucking & surging problem.
Sponsored