First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, SPORT
Occupation
Nurse
When I bought my Ranger they went through all the TSBs before I took it home, then ordered all the parts needed to fix it right away. I was pretty happy with that, since they fixed the latching upper rear seat.
So do they fix this for free?
Sponsored

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
I raised my rear seat to get something stored under it. Now the seat is locked in the up position, Help
Oh, so now we're seeing who is most stoopid? I've got the Stoopid competition won, I'm in! I'm not used to dealing with these fancy 'puter engines. This is more my speed.

WTF3.jpg

So what is this monster tube? It looks like it's taking in air but it's on the opposite side?

WTF1.jpg

WTF2.jpg

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
Oh, so now we're seeing who is most stoopid? I've got the Stoopid competition won, I'm in! I'm not used to dealing with these fancy 'puter engines. This is more my speed.

WTF3.jpg

So what is this monster tube? It looks like it's taking in air but it's on the opposite side?

WTF1.jpg

WTF2.jpg
That's the cold side of the intercooler piping. Air is drawn in through the air filter (duh), charged through the turbo, sent through the intercooler to reduce the intake charge temp, and then the tube you see there is intercooler outlet to the throttle body.

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
That's the cold side of the intercooler piping. Air is drawn in through the air filter (duh), charged through the turbo, sent through the intercooler to reduce the intake charge temp, and then the tube you see there is intercooler outlet to the throttle body.
Thank you!

Mach-1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Talk about stupid.... I lifted my rear seat, and unbeknownst to me, the rear passenger-side seatbelt buckle slipped through and went under the seat. Next time someone sat back there, the seatbelt would not buckle at all, it would just pop back out of the buckle. This was of course because it was being plugged into center passenger buckle, not the correct one. (I had no idea that the buckles are different..WHY!!??)

Took it to the dealer for the taillight recall, and asked them to examine the rear seatbelts too. Talk about feeling dumb when they told me what the issue was!

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Not Ranger related but my biggest automotive stupid...

Bought a clean '87 Silverado Short wide from a local used car dealership. Red on Red, only the V-6 but clean. Was really happy with it.

Took it over to a lady freinds' house that night. When it was time to go I showed her the new ride and stepped back in to let it warm up. Came back out, truck was dead, wouldn't start again.

Flew inside, grabbed the phone book, called the dealership and left a very irrate message telling them where to come pick the truck up and when I'd be in for my money. About the time I was slamming the phone down the light bulb went on.

Walked outside, turned key to on, flipped the dual tank switch to the other side, watched the fuel guage swing up, truck fired right up.

I had to call the dealership back and leave a second message...

"Please disregard that previous message. I'm an idiot."

Haven't had my stupid moment on the Ranger yet. But it WILL come. They always do.

Bludrok

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ranger5g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Not Ranger related but my biggest automotive stupid...

Bought a clean '87 Silverado Short wide from a local used car dealership. Red on Red, only the V-6 but clean. Was really happy with it.

Took it over to a lady freinds' house that night. When it was time to go I showed her the new ride and stepped back in to let it warm up. Came back out, truck was dead, wouldn't start again.

Flew inside, grabbed the phone book, called the dealership and left a very irrate message telling them where to come pick the truck up and when I'd be in for my money. About the time I was slamming the phone down the light bulb went on.

Walked outside, turned key to on, flipped the dual tank switch to the other side, watched the fuel guage swing up, truck fired right up.

I had to call the dealership back and leave a second message...

"Please disregard that previous message. I'm an idiot."

Haven't had my stupid moment on the Ranger yet. But it WILL come. They always do.
Not related to this, but your story reminded me of my own.

For quite some time, we were getting prank calls at my house. This was a landline to give you an idea of timeframe. Kids would call and claim they were sleeping with my wife, etc.

I knew if I got upset, they would just call back. So I would usually respond with things like "Awesome, let me know and we can all join in." They would get bored and hang up

So one day, I get this call. Neither I, nor my wife knew the number that the caller id showed. The person asks for me by name, Jason. I say thats me. She says"Jason?" I'm like ya, who is this? This is mom, she replies.

It CLEARLY isn't my mom, nor my now ex-wife's mom. But I respond excuse me? Mom?

She responds Ya, it's mom. So now I'm like ok, I get it. More prank calls. So I switch into prank mode, but im particularly upset for this person claiming to be my mom.

She then asks about someone named Larry. I dont know any Larry, but I continued the conversation as if Larry is my gay partner. I think I said something along the lines of him not being able to get out of bed after the sex I just gave him. I was very detailed, and very nasty.

Anyhow conversation went on for a few minutes and she says, I think I have the wrong number. I'm like yes, I think you do.

Later ex-wife tells me the number seems familiar to her. I guess it was bugging her so she was asking her friend and discovered that was her friend's mom. She called the wrong house, and I guess all of her son's friends called her mom.

Not only that, but stupid ex-wife spilled the beans. Couldnt have just left it at a wrong number that this person would never known who she actually called.......

So I actually had to call her and apologize......

Most humiliating phone call ever.

So glad she's my ex-wife.....?

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Thanks. As I said, I’m stupid. I’m shocked I’ve lived more than 65 years.
Jon,
You are not stupid at all. I appreciate you having the guts to ask a question that was important to you and being willing to face any criticism from others who feel they are above that.
Regards,
Paul

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
Thanks. As I said, I’m stupid. I’m shocked I’ve lived more than 65 years.
Jon, Stupid is putting a 25' ladder up to a tree limb and cutting that same limb off with the chainsaw while at the top of the ladder. Nope... never done that, but I'm pretty sure someone somewhere has. This in and of it's self should ease your pain. For the record we all know why you were messing around in the back seat and your better half appreciates it.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Okay maybe i am stupid also. After reading this thread that went all over the back seat. From seat to back and then to a Chevy engine to a toy tractor. I just had to go out and check my Ranger back seat operations. No problem it worked perfectly. While I was there I checked the oil, tires, sprayed Pinesol on the eng (packrats dont like the smell), filled the W/S washer. Now I feel real smart, and happy that I have a Ranger with no problems. :cool:
Sponsored