Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I bought the Securicode Keyless Entry Keypad from Ford Accessories but can't figure out how to program it to the truck. It doesn't come with instructions, just says to reference the Locks & Security section of the Owners Manual... which appears to be absent.

Any ideas how to enter the "key program mode" on the 2019 Ranger with the Push-to-Start button? None of the ideas I've found online seem to work.
try a locksmith before paying Fords price

Jason L

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 302A
I found the keypad on the Ford Accessory site, but I don't see the labor option. Can you point me in the right direction?
It wasn't there for me until I selected a dealer. Then it showed up. If it doesn't show for your dealer, perhaps try another one in the area and see if it will come up.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Battery Replacement listed as Non-replaceable? So it states the Keypad has to be replaced when the battery wears out. I can't beleive this doesn't have a button battery of some sort that can be replaced. Anyone determine if that is possible?

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Its been done, pic.s in another thread here somewhere, I believe it was a CR2032
Thanks, thought I had seen that somewhere before. Now all I need it to get it programmed for my Ranger!

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
NP, thats my dilemma right now too. I got a quote for the keypad and then the quote to program was just as much!! I would love to find a way to program with Forscan, either that or I need to get over it. Keypad was on back order anyway so I have some time to think about it.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
NP, thats my dilemma right now too. I got a quote for the keypad and then the quote to program was just as much!! I would love to find a way to program with Forscan, either that or I need to get over it. Keypad was on back order anyway so I have some time to think about it.
I've only used it once thus far, but my hitch safe was a great solution for me when I'm hiking. I have to disconnect the key part from my fob - I leave that in the glove box or console and then put the fob in the hitch safe (the fob is so big with a keyring it won't fit in the hitchsafe, but separating the key works perfectly). Works like a champ and I don't have to worry about losing my keys while hiking (which happened to me once).

Given the ugly look of the keypad and all the issues it has had, I'm glad I went with the hitch safe solution. It is cheaper than the keypad too. About $50.

jml391

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
tech
I bought the Securicode Keyless Entry Keypad from Ford Accessories but can't figure out how to program it to the truck. It doesn't come with instructions, just says to reference the Locks & Security section of the Owners Manual... which appears to be absent.

Any ideas how to enter the "key program mode" on the 2019 Ranger with the Push-to-Start button? None of the ideas I've found online seem to work.
Follow these instructions and you can add an additional code. worked perfect for me on my 2019 ranger with the factory installed keypad. should work for them all.
How to program your keyless entry keypad
  1. Enter the factory-set code.
  2. Within five seconds, press the 1-2 button on the keypad.
  3. Enter the personal, five-digit code you'd like to use. ...
  4. For the memory recall feature (if equipped), press the 1 • 2 button to store Driver 1 settings or the 3 • 4 button to store Driver 2 settings.

RangersLeadTheWay

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Follow these instructions and you can add an additional code. worked perfect for me on my 2019 ranger with the factory installed keypad. should work for them all.
How to program your keyless entry keypad
  1. Enter the factory-set code.
  2. Within five seconds, press the 1-2 button on the keypad.
  3. Enter the personal, five-digit code you'd like to use. ...
  4. For the memory recall feature (if equipped), press the 1 • 2 button to store Driver 1 settings or the 3 • 4 button to store Driver 2 settings.
I think OP was trying to figure out how to program the keypad to his truck without going to the dealership.

svogt302

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Ford just put a 3rd keypad on my 'factory installed' lock assembly in 3yrs....
It's basically a piece of junk.
I understand the '23 Rangers will have real ones installed.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
I think the instructions explain how to program your code into the keyfob.

Now we need to add the key fob to the vehicle as a new key.
That's where the dealer is needed. Once it is paired to that internal code, you can now enter your own 5-digit code to the pushbuttons. It's an anti-theft measure; If everybody could program their own key fobs/keypads, why not hack your neighbor's, or that Mustang Mach 1 on the dealer's lot?

On this forum in several different threads, it is mentioned that it is best to buy the keypad through the dealer where you plan to have it programmed, as some flat refuse to, or won't program one bought "outside' without a huge charge. Some may charge for the programming anyway.

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
I had a small repair shop do it, they specialize in Ford's so they had the laptop and the software, it was cheap and only about 15 minutes.
Sponsored