Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Southern Adirondack Mountains of upstate NY
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
is there a way to keep the main light switch on auto and have the fog lights turn on with the DRLs? when in auto mode the fog lights wont come on with the drls i would like the extra visibility in the daytime
Sponsored

OP
OP
T Bone

T Bone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Southern Adirondack Mountains of upstate NY
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
not that i am aware.

I am not forscan savvy, but there may be an option in there.

I tend to take the headlights off auto if i want the extra viz.
but then i forget to turn them off.
luckily they turn off on their own at some point and i dont get back in later with a dead battery.
thanks RP, not sure about forscan either, maybe one of the forscan gurus will chime in, can always turn the switch to headlights on and they will work, and it gives me the annoying chime that the lights are on when i open the door and i can turn them off LOL

JimH

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Retired
Do a search on here for "Bambi Mode" in Forscan

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Do a search on here for "Bambi Mode" in Forscan
Bambie mode allows Fog lights with High Beams, I don't think it affects DRLs. I'm running my fogs and parking lights as my DRLs without low beams. You need to use Forscan to set some options in the BCM module. I'm not sure if you can keep the low beams and the fogs at the same time, might be able to by entering the right HEX value into the As-built for the BCM (might be 10). Will need to look up the correct key address to change the value in.

In the BCM configuration menu you need to set the Allowed DRL options setting to All Options, set the Daytime Running lights Includes Parking lamps setting to Enabled and set the DRL Configuration setting to Fog Lamp.

maxbottomtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT SCAB 4x4
Bambie mode allows Fog lights with High Beams, I don't think it affects DRLs. I'm running my fogs and parking lights as my DRLs without low beams. You need to use Forscan to set some options in the BCM module. I'm not sure if you can keep the low beams and the fogs at the same time, might be able to by entering the right HEX value into the As-built for the BCM (might be 10). Will need to look up the correct key address to change the value in.

In the BCM configuration menu you need to set the Allowed DRL options setting to All Options, set the Daytime Running lights Includes Parking lamps setting to Enabled and set the DRL Configuration setting to Fog Lamp.
Hey there - i looked in the wiki and didn't see it listed, but did you sort an option to have the fogs turn on with DRL?

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Not quite sure exactly what your question is, but in order to set your fog lights as DRLs, you need to make a couple changes in the BCM.

First, you must change the Allowed DRL Settings menu item to "All Options". This allows you to change what lights are used as DRLs.

Second, you must change the DRL Configuration menu option to "Fog Lamps".

Thirdly, if you want, you can change the Day Time Running Lights Includes Parking Lamps menu option to "Enable". This will include your front parking lamps, side markers and taillights with your DRLs. This is how mine is set up. I have switchbacks in my XLTs turn indicaters, so I have white parking lights and fog lights as my DRLs instead of my low beams.

Hope this answers your question. All this is done in the BCM configuration menu, no need to edit AsBuilt.

PS: This works on XLs and XLTs not sure with Lariat lights.

Alpinist

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
Not quite sure exactly what your question is, but in order to set your fog lights as DRLs, you need to make a couple changes in the BCM.

First, you must change the Allowed DRL Settings menu item to "All Options". This allows you to change what lights are used as DRLs.

Second, you must change the DRL Configuration menu option to "Fog Lamps".

Thirdly, if you want, you can change the Day Time Running Lights Includes Parking Lamps menu option to "Enable". This will include your front parking lamps, side markers and taillights with your DRLs. This is how mine is set up. I have switchbacks in my XLTs turn indicaters, so I have white parking lights and fog lights as my DRLs instead of my low beams.

Hope this answers your question. All this is done in the BCM configuration menu, no need to edit AsBuilt.

PS: This works on XLs and XLTs not sure with Lariat lights.

Digging up an old thread here- do you know if it's possible to run just the parking lamps as the DRL's, and not the fog lamps?

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Digging up an old thread here- do you know if it's possible to run just the parking lamps as the DRL's, and not the fog lamps?
Not really sure on this. You could try setting the DRL Configuration parameter in the BdyCM to either Not Defined or Dedicated DRL which is the Lariat setting.

Alpinist

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
Not really sure on this. You could try setting the DRL Configuration parameter in the BdyCM to either Not Defined or Dedicated DRL which is the Lariat setting.
I figured it out. I had the DRL option switched off in Vehicle Settings in the cluster. All good now, just have the parking lights as DRL's, no fogs.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
This is one reason I want to get into Forscan.

I do the same. Currently during the day I'll move the dial two clicks left into "parking lights" and back to auto when I park. Just don't go over to off, then you have to turn your driving lights (fogs are yellow) back on.

Alpinist

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
This is one reason I want to get into Forscan.

I do the same. Currently during the day I'll move the dial two clicks left into "parking lights" and back to auto when I park. Just don't go over to off, then you have to turn your driving lights (fogs are yellow) back on.
Figured out you can also set it to just the turn signal lamps and not the sidemarkers or taillamps should you be so inclined. I much prefer this as a DRL rather than low beam halogens.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Figured out you can also set it to just the turn signal lamps and not the sidemarkers or taillamps should you be so inclined. I much prefer this as a DRL rather than low beam halogens.
Gotcha, I like the DRL strip on my Lariat lights, just like to add the driving lights. But my FiST had halogen headlamps with Baja Designs driving lights and I ran it the way you do.

Hooker47

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Military
I figured it out. I had the DRL option switched off in Vehicle Settings in the cluster. All good now, just have the parking lights as DRL's, no fogs.
What steps did you take to get this accomplished? I want my parking lights to be my DRL only.
Sponsored