Where to get these type of side grill lights

2020FXLRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
US Navy
i bought some flexible LED strip from luminosum.
made base plates to the shape i wanted and attached the LED to it. they would have had the shape of the RTR lights in the original XLT grill.
the glue wasnt the best, but i thought for prototype 1 it would be sufficient.
they fit ok, looked ok but then i got polarity wrong in the final install and f'ked them up.
I put them aside for now as i contemplate protoype 2.
if i choose to pick up the project again, I'll likely employ some 3D printing to make a baseplate in a u-channel to hold the LED better and be more careful with the polarity.
I have alot of LED strip left, the 16ft roll cost me $25, and the rest was just my time and effort to the tune of a few hours. a cheap experiment.

i got side tracked though with another idea, which i hope to unveil sometime in the near future. if amazon ever gets the shipment to me.
Almost exactly what my plan was. Hmmmm
Sponsored

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Sorry for the grille highjack (are the side vents considered grilles?)

I'm wondering if that's just the lights or if it includes the vents.

If it includes the vents and is compatible with our trucks, I might spring for those.

I think they look better than the factory vents and I'm not ready to spend $200 on the other available options.

s-l1600.jpg

But back to the original question, I am very curious about what you came up with @RANGER PRIDE and if it could be adapted to the Raptor style grille.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient

2020FXLRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
US Navy
Okay, found those on A_Express. Just can't make up my mind if I find them that appealing?
They’ve got the set up for Lariat. I have an XLT. so probably gonna try and make my own first still.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
The Ali-Express lights look interesting, but not sure how well they will match up with our US grills. Doesn't even look like they match the one shown real well. Right now saving up fro a complete RTR grille. Right now running just parking and fogs for DRL wanted to get rid of the low beams. These would be kind of nice if they would fit well and not look like a hack job.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
They’ve got the set up for Lariat. I have an XLT. so probably gonna try and make my own first still.
That's me with a Lariat... but visually those shapes/hooks extending below the headlights would create an odd pattern that seems a little busy. I'm already a little weary of some of the mashup of materials and gratuitous faux vents in addition to the ones in the bumper that seemed limited in functionality.

Tinsoldieroh

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had an'86, a '94, and an '05. Left with wife's jeep until the '19 arrives
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Just be aware that most of these parts are for the ROW Rangers, and may need modifying to fit our Rangers.

globethreat

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
BCA282E5-E5F0-4369-B3B0-A83D341BA101.jpeg

SMH... those aliexpress exterior lamps look terrible. the RTR grille @OxyGenIII shared earlier is 10x cooler, cleaner, and plug-in play... but that price point doe. $530.00= a bunch of bottles of bourbon.

@TheKracka- RTR Vehicles has exterior packages for the ranger, F-150, AND mustang. The Ranger RTR grille does have a mustang badger on it. Why would you or anyone think “mustang”
Sponsored