How to build a Ford F-150 Lightning? - Full Factory Tour!

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I found it more interesting because he was describing what was happening whereas in the other videos it was just video of the process. Hearing some background on each piece was really interesting.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Interesting Video, thanks Dave.

Two questions, if you need the sunroof replaced does that also require windshield removal? And why do the LED strips look like the dome light cover on an '80s truck?

Interesting ~10 minutes the water test...

Wonder how my ranger leaked within a week of delivery...

Union pride! Schmuck was late for his smoke break, your truck went in and out.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

Two questions, if you need the sunroof replaced does that also require windshield removal? And why do the LED strips look like the dome light cover on an '80s truck?
I'm guessing it would seeing as it's so big and no other way to replace it.

Why? Parts constraints and they had an old box of dome lights collecting dust. :oops:

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase

Union pride! Schmuck was late for his smoke break, your truck went in and out.
Every time I see them I'm like, W. T. F.

But in not sure that a clear lens would look any better.

Really though, in not sure what some of the design engineers and designers were thinking with the lights in the lightening and rivians.

Heck, I don't even like the Bronco headlights. They remind me of those cheap shitty, jeep led lights they install that blind everyone.

AzureRanger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
Any update on the leak?
Just this from yesterday... Silence since... I'm guessing it's a holiday weekend so they aren't working at 100%... I've still got ~10 days before I'm back in florida.

Screenshot_20221223-195104.png

The truck in fordpass moved parking spaces at least.... I wish you could actively monitor or get alerts if the vehicle moved in fordpass...

William Oz

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Escape
Occupation
Autoworker
I like these factory build videos and this one is of the Lightning. There's been a few Ranger ones posted here and it's amazing to see how much things have changed with these new EV's. They now use AGV's to carry the heavier components around the factory like the frames and battery packs.

They told us we're only going to work 5 days 8 hours. Make about 7 trucks per hour.
I figured I'd wrap up my career at Ford here at the REVC by not working all the long hours... Not.
6 months in they decided to increase production due to demand. We've made 2 additions so far to this place and went from one shift to a 3-crew operation. They're going from 7 jobs per hour to
30 JPH plus. Them AGV robots going to flyin'.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
They told us we're only going to work 5 days 8 hours. Make about 7 trucks per hour.
I figured I'd wrap up my career at Ford here at the REVC by not working all the long hours... Not.
6 months in they decided to increase production due to demand. We've made 2 additions so far to this place and went from one shift to a 3-crew operation. They're going from 7 jobs per hour to
30 JPH plus. Them AGV robots going to flyin'.
Thats a heck of an increase and nice to see the demand. Hopefully they can keep with it and these parts constraints get better. Those AGV robots are very impressive and it must be fun seeing all the advancement in technology.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
Those AGV robots are cool to watch.

A guy I graduated works at a company who makes robots like these. I could never see them as anything other than those robots who bring food out at restaurants....

The ability to carry such massive loads, sense surroundings and "react" as necessary is amazing.
Sponsored