First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Good inside look at the new F150 Lightning. It shows some of the different models and their features. Pretty cool how the gear shifter folds down to use the center console top as a flip down desk. Take note Al @Texasota it comes standard with a damper. :like:?

Sponsored

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
that is slicker than an eel in a bucket of snot!!!!!!!!! me likey
The base model has a lot of nice features too. You cant go wrong for $40K and it has a nice big screen which I personally like better.

Reactions: Doc

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Hopefully, by the time I retire in four years there will be a Ranger version of this and the range will have increased to about 500 miles. I wonder if they will eventually build solar panels into the roof?

staryoshi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring
Occupation
Data Guy
But does it have a frunk damper?

All seriousness, it's a pretty cool vehicle.

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Good inside look at the new F150 Lightning. It shows some of the different models and their features. Pretty cool how the gear shifter folds down to use the center console top as a flip down desk. Take note Al @Texasota it comes standard with a damper. :like:?

The folding gear shifter and lay flat work space is available on the current ICE F-150s . I placed my reservation within the first 2 minutes of the Lightning reveal . I waited 6 days to reserve my Bronco and wasn't waiting that long this time . Looks like I will get the Lightning before the Bronco at this point but FORD will probably screw this launch up as well .

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase

I really dig this thing. The only part I'm not crazy about is how Ford is doing the screen. It looks like an afterthought. The Mach-E is the same - like they forgot about it and just stuck a tablet in there. I'm sure the 2nd Gen will have a better fit/finish. And that folding shifter can be had on the ICE F150 too but only with the "Interior Work Surface" option.

JJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Hopefully, by the time I retire in four years there will be a Ranger version of this and the range will have increased to about 500 miles. I wonder if they will eventually build solar panels into the roof?
Solar panels will not be needed. Graphene is being tested as a paint additive, this would make the entire vehicle conductive to light for charging.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I really dig this thing. The only part I'm not crazy about is how Ford is doing the screen. It looks like an afterthought. The Mach-E is the same - like they forgot about it and just stuck a tablet in there. I'm sure the 2nd Gen will have a better fit/finish. And that folding shifter can be had on the ICE F150 too but only with the "Interior Work Surface" option.
I don't like those large iPad looking screens myself. The one on the base model and I think he said 1 or 2 others have what looks to be a 12" screen like in the Bronco which was really nice looking. I haven't kept up with the newest F 150's since the last one I bought back in 2013. I wish they had that "Interior Work Surface" back then. I can't tell you how many estimates I've done in my truck where that would've come in really handy.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
theres a damper in there standard??
it didnt come down with a nice slow scwhooooosssshhhhh. ???
looked like his man arms actually controlled the descent.

1636379095071.png
Check the 4:12 mark in the video. He just touches the lever and it's like magic....The tailgate slowly lowers with no hands. :shock:o_O

Last edited:
OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
The folding gear shifter and lay flat work space is available on the current ICE F-150s . I placed my reservation within the first 2 minutes of the Lightning reveal . I waited 6 days to reserve my Bronco and wasn't waiting that long this time . Looks like I will get the Lightning before the Bronco at this point but FORD will probably screw this launch up as well .
I hope you get it and I'd love to hear your thoughts on it. I was watching the reveal and thought about putting in a reservation but the more I thought about it I really don't need such a large truck. I really hope they do a full EV in the Ranger at some point and if the do a PHEV I just hope it has a decent range not just 20-30 miles.

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV

The Lightning is very cool! I have resigned myself to a standard damper on my future Ranger PHEV. I'm sure there will be a way to remove it. Duke (@DukeCanBuildit) will help me with that very first mod.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
The Lightning is very cool! I have resigned myself to a standard damper on my future Ranger PHEV. I'm sure there will be a way to remove it. Duke (@DukeCanBuildit) will help me with that very first mod.
To late, I already bribed Duke with a case of his favorite brew. You know how those Canadians love their beer. ??

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
I hope you get it and I'd love to hear your thoughts on it. I was watching the reveal and thought about putting in a reservation but the more I thought about it I really don't need such a large truck. I really hope they do a full EV in the Ranger at some point and if the do a PHEV I just hope it has a decent range not just 20-30 miles.
30 miles would be fine by me with a PHEV Ranger. 90% of my driving is that short.
We all have different wants/needs, maybe 2 battery packs short/long haul?
Asking too much.... ?

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
30 miles would be fine by me with a PHEV Ranger. 90% of my driving is that short.
We all have different wants/needs, maybe 2 battery packs short/long haul?
Asking too much.... ?
30 would be border line the lower limit for me but it's better than the Jeeps 4Xe that has 20. I realize it's charging as you drive it but I'd like to see a distance of 50 in a PHEV Ranger. ? I'm sure once batteries get smaller and lighter they can get these ranges out of smaller mid size trucks. Maybe they're there (or close) now I just don't keep up on it enough to know for sure.
Sponsored