How much have you driven your Ranger the past few weeks?

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
The wife and I are both working from home now, and are still healthy, and so I have nothing to complain about, but I really do miss driving the Ranger to work, to the grocery store, etc., not to mention not being able to take it on all the cool regional vacations (to the Delaware beaches, to Virginia, etc.) we had planned for the summer. But Corona is really a terrible way to die, "drowning on dry land," as one doctor put it, and so we are practicing social distancing in a determined way. We only drive out to local parks for hiking, that's it, and they are less than ten minutes away. Every time I go down to the garage to get something or throw out the trash, I see the Ranger and think how ironic it is that, I finally have the hot truck of my dreams, I just can't drive it (much)!
Sponsored

Dokkenmire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Xlt Sport Supercrew 2wd
Only worked 2 days this week but they paid me to stay home the other days. My company has "bullpen" pay, it's not much but at least it's something. I drive for a living so I pretty much hate driving anyways.

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
I've been going into work every 2-3 days (I'm in biological research so keeping things alive is an essential duty). Other than that, a weekly trip to the grocery store and yesterday a home improvement store run. My miles are down by at least half, and my wife's SUV has been pretty much parked for 3 weeks.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Mostly, just to work. Went to the park yesterday. Staying at home as much as we can.

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Emissions testing supplier
Gas is $1.09 here so Ive been taking some drives to intentionally get lost and see some stuff I haven't seen. This other day I went on one for about 4 hours. Still don't really know where I went but the scenery was nice.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Gas is $1.09 here so Ive been taking some drives to intentionally get lost and see some stuff I haven't seen. This other day I went on one for about 4 hours. Still don't really know where I went but the scenery was nice.

Wow,$1.09 is cheap! I though I hit the lottery when I found it at Sams club for $1.95,most other stations are still around $2.47 here.

We use to do that all the time when we were younger and gas was cheap. Living in W MA we would take the back roads up into VT through many different little towns you'd never see from the highways. Amazing scenery and we had some of the best meals out there too from the smaller local diners.

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Wow,$1.09 is cheap! I though I hit the lottery when I found it at Sams club for $1.95,most other stations are still around $2.47 here.

We use to do that all the time when we were younger and gas was cheap. Living in W MA we would take the back roads up into VT through many different little towns you'd never see from the highways. Amazing scenery and we had some of the best meals out there too from the smaller local diners.
Yeah I haven't seen these prices since high school (26 years ago). Ive considered heading to the west side of the state where the really good scenery is but you can't camp right now and I definitely don't want to stay in a hotel during this mess.

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Here ya go. This brings back some good memories. The flipside of this is gonna be bad.

9274BB75-FDD4-4E66-B427-0632567F065F.jpeg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Here ya go. This brings back some good memories. The flipside of this is gonna be bad.

9274BB75-FDD4-4E66-B427-0632567F065F.jpeg
Damn,I haven't seen prices like that since the early 80's. lol You're right it's going to be bad. Not that I liked paying $2.99/gal but I'd much rather that and be working with a great economy than this.

Last edited:

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
I am re-tooling the garage right now and the entire truck bed is full of "stuff" , so I just go out there everyday and say "hi Maggie", and get busy.

Kevin Franklin

First Name
Tinmender1963
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda FT500. Honda 700SC. 2019 Ford Ranger Sport. 2014 Ford Focus ST. 2017 Ford Escape Titanium. 1994 Ford Ranger Splash. 1986 Ford Mustang GT Splash
Occupation
Damn good question. A lot of different things
Vehicle Showcase
Most every day. I have been working and drive the Ranger most days because I need to change the oil in the Focus
Sponsored