How much does travel trailer width affect towing?

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
God Bless You! I pray that all is well with you and your family! ? Will you please provide additional information on your upgraded tow mirrors?
Thank you! ?
The mirrors are from a company called Clear View. Their based and made in Australia, but have recently been making and importing them fore the North American Rangers. Have a set on my Ranger, and they are great. Absolutely no problem with seeing what's coming up behind you.
Night and day difference between them and the "clip on" mirrors.
Just know that their pricy depending on which model Ranger you have and the options for the OE mirrors you have.
Plenty of info, instructions, model info on their web site.

IMG_20220530_072335789_HDR.jpg

TRoss

First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT (FX4)
Occupation
Retired
God
The mirrors are from a company called Clear View. Their based and made in Australia, but have recently been making and importing them fore the North American Rangers. Have a set on my Ranger, and they are great. Absolutely no problem with seeing what's coming up behind you.
Just know that their pricy depending on which model Ranger you have and the options for the OE mirrors you have.

God Bless You Grumpaw! ? Thank you also for your prompt response! ?

OP
OP
Fritz

Fritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XL
7E9D7D3B-2AB1-4578-9CD2-B59BE6FD8322.jpeg

One more reason to keep it small. Paying by the foot on the Madeline island ferry.
18mpg heading up, 13 coming back, all 55mph.

TRoss

First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired

God Bless You! I pray that all is well with you and your family! ? One question about the Clearview towing mirrors...did you have to remove the door panels in order to replace the mirrors or were you able to access the mirrors without doing so?

Thank you!

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
You can access the 3 torx bolts securing the mirror 2 ways.
First is to pop off the tweeter enclosure, and if you have the right tool it is possible to remove the bolts. One is very hard to access this way, but it can be done.
Second way is to remove the door panel. Requires more work and you need a set of some panel removal tools to do it right without damaging the panels.
If you go to the Clear View web site they have mads some detailed video's of the mirror install.
I would suggest you visit their site and figure out if you have the necessary skills to do it yourself.

TRoss

First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
You can access the 3 torx bolts securing the mirror 2 ways.
First is to pop off the tweeter enclosure, and if you have the right tool it is possible to remove the bolts. One is very hard to access this way, but it can be done.
Second way is to remove the door panel. Requires more work and you need a set of some panel removal tools to do it right without damaging the panels.
If you go to the Clear View web site they have mads some detailed video's of the mirror install.
I would suggest you visit their site and figure out if you have the necessary skills to do it yourself.
God Bless You Grumpaw! I pray that all is well with you and your family! ? Thank you for your response. For the tweeter removal procedure, what is the right tool that are referring to?
Thank you! ?

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
To pop the tweeter off you just need a small screwdriver...wrap the blade in a rag...tweeter/housing just pops off. But then you have to disconnect the speaker wire....just push in on small tab and it pulls off.

TRoss

First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
To pop the tweeter off you just need a small screwdriver...wrap the blade in a rag...tweeter/housing just pops off. But then you have to disconnect the speaker wire....just push in on small tab and it pulls off.
God Bless You Grumpaw! I pray that all is well with you and your family! ? Thank you for your response and help! ?
Sponsored