• Total voters

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
The truck is our truck, and my wife could drive it anytime she wants, but so far, five months in, she has not driven “my baby”.

She loves her Honda Fit and with the Toyo Observes winter tires on, she is a winter driving machine!
Sponsored

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
My wife hasn’t driven it yet, maybe once to back it out of the driveway. Other than service techs nobody has been in it yet and I’ve had it for a year. I offered to let my then 13 yo off-road in it. He declined.

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
As it happens, my wife does not drive, so no issues in our house. I love driving the Ranger, and I am happy to provide chauffer services anytime she likes....
My wife drives when she has to. If we're going somewhere together, regardless of what vehicle we're driving, I prefer to be the one driving and she prefers to not be the one driving, so it works out just fine. Throw in the facts that she knows I'm irrationally protective of my pickup and she likes the Kia we have, and it all adds up to her never driving the Ranger.

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
My wife drives it sometimes, but only if I'm too tired (or drunk... ? ) to drive. She doesn't pine over driving it so I don't have to worry about her just heading out in it on her own some day. ;)

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
It's just a truck.

My wife has issues, minor permanent brain damage from surgeries a few years back, and SHE drove it the first or second day.

She won't park it in the garage, pull it out of the garage, take it to some drive throughs, or some areas. But she CAN drive it anywhere she wants. And I CAN drive her car anywhere I want.

My 15 year old gets her permit soon. She'll drive the truck soon.

Again, it's not a collectors car. It's supposed to be driven.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
There should be
My husband drives it, but prefers his F150. He doesn’t care for all the tech - which is fine with me. :clap:
It really is an acquired taste, the tech available in cars.

But it's like crack, enough of a taste and there's no going back. Of course, this is by design. There's some tech you can never go back from, for me vehicle wise these are now almost must haves in a new vehicle @$30k+...

Heated seats, keyless entry and start, and LED lights. The rest I'm warming up to.

Ohh, and remote start on cars w/ automatics. Sooo happy to have that back. Been without it for a decade and a half. And I couldn't do it with my phone back then.

E Monty

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Ranger XLT/‘03 Excursion
Occupation
Sheet Metal Worker
As long as insurance covers the driver have at it, I don’t care. With that said my Wife has wrecked my last 2 trucks. One it was THE DAY I brought it home, police had to stop by the house and get supporting information of the sale for the report. Maybe I should be the only driver of my rig?

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
My wife has driven it while her car was with my daughter and my daughters have driven it around the block with me in the truck. Other than that, no one. My BIL asked to borrow it and I instead went to Costco with him to pick up a tree. Maybe in a few years but not right now.

Robisten8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4WD, 2021 Bronco Sport
Vehicle Showcase
My wife hasn't cared to drive it, but had to a week or so in when we swapped cars for the day so I could take her Bronco Sport in for tint. When I brought my 18 Mustang GT home though, she ran out and tried to take it for a spin right away. Her plan backfired because she couldn't figure out how to put it in reverse (standard transmission). She can drive stick, but reverse is different than what she has driven in the past.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
My wife hasn't cared to drive it, but had to a week or so in when we swapped cars for the day so I could take her Bronco Sport in for tint. When I brought my 18 Mustang GT home though, she ran out and tried to take it for a spin right away. Her plan backfired because she couldn't figure out how to put it in reverse (standard transmission). She can drive stick, but reverse is different than what she has driven in the past.
My wife did the same thing with reverse in a Mustang I brought home on a test drive. I tried to tell her and "I know how to drive manual" was quickly replaced with "How do you get this in reverse?"

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
Just passed 8,000 miles, and I have been the only driver other than the dealer service department. Wife will probably drive the Ranger some day, but not until her BMW X3 is dead and gone, and it probably has another 50,000 miles of useful life remaining.
Sponsored