Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
Hi Bladimir,
Yes I've been thinking about it since seeing your post the other day. I'll have to call this week and see how bad the damage will be here to do it. But it needs to be done and it cost more in the long run not doing it. Hope you all had a great Christmas and New Years!!
Ourisman Ford in Alexandria Va quoted me $600 to do mine. I declined as the service tech could not explain exactly what they would do and if it would remove carbon build up on the intake valves.

But I am about to turn 40k miles and having this service as well as replacing transmission fluid is on my radar.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Everytime I see this thread I open it up expecting a post from @EcoRanger

Hope he and his truck are well.
I sent him a PM back in August asking if he was ok and never get a return message. Hopefully nothings happened to him because he'd always check in every Sunday.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Kinda fading fast now that I can hear a wheel-bearing type hum from the driver side. Not even 6k miles on it.

Ugh, vehicles these days....
Hi Jake,

how are your brakes?

best,
Phil

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
Hi Jake,

how are your brakes?

best,
Phil
Honestly been garbage since day one, But I can't find another ranger to test drive to compare.

They're soft like all the other rangers but they seem to "clamp" down harder as I slow down, despite no increase in brake pedal pressure. Like they auto brake themselves once I'm moving slow enough. Even my wife notices as she gets flung forward a little right before a complete stop.

Related? Not sure. Been so wet out lately I don't want to pull the wheels off with wet floors. And been busy to get a dealer to look at.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly been garbage since day one, But I can't find another ranger to test drive to compare.

They're soft like all the other rangers but they seem to "clamp" down harder as I slow down, despite no increase in brake pedal pressure. Like they auto brake themselves once I'm moving slow enough. Even my wife notices as she gets flung forward a little right before a complete stop.

Related? Not sure. Been so wet out lately I don't want to pull the wheels off with wet floors. And been busy to get a dealer to look at.
Hi Jake,

I am wondering if this noise is related to the brakes and from what you indicate, it may well be brake related or the heat generated from the brakes dragging taxing the wheel bearings on the left side. If you are driving straight ahead and release the grip on your steering wheel, does it try to turn left? May be an indicator of a stuck brake caliper or brake caliper piston...

Best,
Phil

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
That's a bit high for fuel induction service. I was able to talk them (dealer) to bring it down to $420. I told them I can do the rest of maintenance, so they did the normal oil change plus filter, brake work and fuild exchange, rotate tires, fuel induction service. The Tech agreed that I can do the minor maintenance like replace cabin filter, engine air filter and wipers and so on. The fuel induction alone was almost $300.

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
Hi Jake,

I am wondering if this noise is related to the brakes and from what you indicate, it may well be brake related or the heat generated from the brakes dragging taxing the wheel bearings on the left side. If you are driving straight ahead and release the grip on your steering wheel, does it try to turn left? May be an indicator of a stuck brake caliper or brake caliper piston...

Best,
Phil
Whenever I get the time to actually diag stuff I'll let you know whats going on.

Testing alignment issues in this city is impossible, I promise you. Roads are absolute garbage, not a single flat smooth surface here.

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Just hit 30,000 miles today on my 2019. Three years 8 months , still smiling.

PXL_20230104_204836815.jpg
Sponsored