First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
This might explain why some haven't received their Rangers yet. These times are really making people find out how much patients they really have. :sadface: I do have to laugh at the last line as many have been waiting much longer than that.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...ntly-parked-and-waiting-for-chips-188243.html

In the latest earnings call with analysts, John Lawler, the company’s Chief Financial Officer, actually provided a clearer picture of the existing inventory of unfinished vehicles.

Lawler says Ford currently has “about 53,000 vehicles on wheels, completed but awaiting installation of components affected by the semiconductor supply shortage.

The Ford executive later revealed that the F-Series and the Explorer are among the models that are part of this sitting inventory.

Ford has recently revealed another strategy to deal with the chip shortage, as the company says it’s directing all of its resources to its most profitable models. In other words, the models that are bringing home the bacon are getting the necessary chips, while those that are selling in small volumes would wait for even more for the semiconductors they need to power certain systems.

You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to figure out what are Ford’s most profitable models, as the lineup includes the F-150, the Explorer, and the Mustang Mach-E. But on the other hand, those who ordered a less popular model would have to wait for even more to get their hands on their vehicle, with some customers claiming the waiting times are now reaching 9 to 12 months.
Sponsored

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
My opinion. The car companies are loving this. They are making extreme profits in every car sold. I haven't seen many cars around here that have sold for less than sticker. And some are selling for over sticker. Not to mention the price of used ones. And they aren't paying for inventory. They keep trickling out a few cars at a time to keep price up. They can't afford to have all those new cars flood the market.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
My opinion. The car companies are loving this. They are making extreme profits in every car sold. I haven't seen many cars around here that have sold for less than sticker. And some are selling for over sticker. Not to mention the price of used ones. And they aren't paying for inventory. They keep trickling out a few cars at a time to keep price up. They can't afford to have all those new cars flood the market.
The 3 Ford dealers in two adjacent counties here have almost no new vehicles...just 2 or so Broncos that they use as floor candy. Same for the Toyo, Nissan, Subi, Honda.
Only one that has anything new is the local Ram/Jeep, and thats just a handful....guess not a lot of buyers for Fiats.
Buyers are literally waiting at dealerships in the early morning to see if any new vehicles came in over night.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Bob we have an area nearby called dealers row where just about every manufacturer has a dealership there. They all use to be packed from the street all the way to the end of the rear lot with vehicles. Now it's like a ghost town there with cars all scattered about trying to make the lots look like they're full. Funny (well not really) but the only lot that's full is the RV dealership. They were the ones with no inventory the past few years but now that gas has gone up the demand just isn't there for the new ones.

Also, I was reading an article (it might have been a Youtube video) last week where they were talking about this. They said dealers have sold less units but their profits are up because of these crazy markups. Now I know it's everyones goal to work less and make more but there's an easy solution to this. STOP paying these ridiculous markups and they'll be forced to lower the price back down to msrp. I know some have no choice as theirs might have been in an accident or just crapped out but there's so many who just settle for this as being the new normal. :crazy:

RiptideRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
I've had a Bronco reserved for almost two years now and it's finally this week "In Production".

I decided a little while ago that I would just double down on the Ranger for the foreseeable future because of all the Bronco delays. Even if I ended up getting it in the near-term, I'm not comfortable with a vehicle that's been put together with parts sourced from wherever possible and possible QC concerns or in this case, sitting for months waiting for silicon.

TheRoushRanger046

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Roush Ranger
Things are super bad. We all thought it was Covid and the ships around the ports … now has and baby formula …

Chips for cars and businesses are next.

Kemo Sabe

First Name
Kemo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
This might explain why some haven't received their Rangers yet. These times are really making people find out how much patients they really have. :sadface: I do have to laugh at the last line as many have been waiting much longer than that.

The more we support foreign industry, the more dependent, helpless we become. Why can’t America build chips? Everything built offshore, it seems.
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...ntly-parked-and-waiting-for-chips-188243.html

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
This video was posted yesterday on the Bronco forum. The amount of Rangers in the yard has been increasing. Very sad.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/?-latest-video-look-at-bronco-mountain-storage-lot.44376/
Wow, that's just sickening to see all those Broncos and Rangers just sitting there. There were a lot of issues with those that were sitting on "ice mountain" mainly bad turbos so hopefully this doesn't happen again with most of these.

This is another reason they're having shipping delays. With all these vehicles awaiting chips (and other parts) once they receive them it's not like they can just get loaded on a rail car or transporter. They now have to wait until their zone is ready (enough units to fill the car) which could take weeks or even months because of the lack of transporters. It would really stink if you just had the chips put in yours but the transporter going to your zone just left the other day.

WayneMHK

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat FX4 - HPR
Occupation
Retired I.T.
I guess I should be happy I only had to wait a couple months for mine after finding one a dealer had ordered and was being built. Decided on my Ranger when it became clear the Maverick I ordered last December wasn't going to be built until next August at the earliest.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Wow, that's just sickening to see all those Broncos and Rangers just sitting there. There were a lot of issues with those that were sitting on "ice mountain" mainly bad turbos so hopefully this doesn't happen again with most of these.

This is another reason they're having shipping delays. With all these vehicles awaiting chips (and other parts) once they receive them it's not like they can just get loaded on a rail car or transporter. They now have to wait until their zone is ready (enough units to fill the car) which could take weeks or even months because of the lack of transporters. It would really stink if you just had the chips put in yours but the transporter going to your zone just left the other day.
It beginning to look like the perfect storm for Ford. And yet you can order a Jeep, and it will still arrive in 8-12 weeks. I'm quite baffled why that is. Stellantis/FCA obviously did something different when the chit hit the fan, but no one knows what that was.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
It beginning to look like the perfect storm for Ford. And yet you can order a Jeep, and it will still arrive in 8-12 weeks. I'm quite baffled why that is. Stellantis/FCA obviously did something different when the chit hit the fan, but no one knows what that was.
I haven't been on the JL forum much lately but the last time I was on there were many complaining about long waits for their builds and more so the shipping delays. But at least they don't have huge fields full of them like Ford does. :(

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
ive had my Ranger 3 years
this is normally when i'm looking at moving into something new
not now. i'm sitting around waiting wondering worrying

I wonder what the car market would be like currently if people didn't unnecessarily get themselves a brand new vehicle every 3 years or so. If people only aquired a brand new vehicle when it was honestly needed.

I'm usually not in a vehicle for more than a few years myself... but all my prior vehicles were 10+ years old for the most part. The ranger makes my first brand new vehicle, and the first vehicle I'll probably keep for as long as possible.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I haven't been on the JL forum much lately but the last time I was on there were many complaining about long waits for their builds and more so the shipping delays. But at least they don't have huge fields full of them like Ford does. :(
Yeah, I've seen that. I tried to explain to a couple of the big babies what a "long wait" really was, but they just wanted to whine. The Grand Cherokee has been running close to a 6-8 week build for the '22's. If I can make a trade I'm hoping that will stand for the '23 MY. I really hope that the Bronco curse doesn't follow me. :)
Sponsored