HEATER CONTROLS (SUCK)

GatorBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
My problem is with the A/C fan controls. I'd say the designers never drove in a warm climate. What buttons do you use most often? Radio and fan speed. The control for the fan is so small it's hard to find it without taking your eyes off the road and search for it right in the middle. I get in and crank up the A/C and as it cools off lower the fan every few minutes. Sure I can go through the touch screen interface but that's a hassle too.
Otherwise after 3 months and 2,000 miles I love my new truck!
Sponsored

DrRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Taurus, 2019 Ranger XL (May 20)
Occupation
Retired
My problem is with the A/C fan controls. I'd say the designers never drove in a warm climate. What buttons do you use most often? Radio and fan speed. The control for the fan is so small it's hard to find it without taking your eyes off the road and search for it right in the middle. I get in and crank up the A/C and as it cools off lower the fan every few minutes. Sure I can go through the touch screen interface but that's a hassle too.
Otherwise after 3 months and 2,000 miles I love my new truck!
On my Ranger, the A/C fan speed control is the LARGEST knob. XL with 101A package.

samsd

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 HPR, 2016 Town and Country, 2004 Road King Custom
Occupation
Retired
My 13 Fusion let me have the temp and fan control on the right side screen, don't know why we can't have that option, I used it all the time.

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Screw
can you put it out all outlets at the same time?

if so, how?
I would like an answer to this as well. I could not get my XLT with ATC (302a) to blow air out of multiple places. Every time I selected one, it canceled the other. The owners manual is pretty vague on climate control. Under "Manual Climate Control" it says: "you can direct air through the windshield and footwell air vents or the instrument panel and footwell air vents at the same time". But it says nothing of the sort for the Auto Climate Control.

Edit: I just verified that you can use both defrost/floor or vent/floor, but NOT defrost/vent with the EATC via the sync 3 screen.

Last edited:

OstAgain

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired & glad I made it.
Defroster or heat to the vents and or floor you can't have both. put the defroster no heat to cabin, put the cabin heat on
no defrost, these guys never drove in the winter or they are just stupid, dose any one know if this can be corrected.
EDIT: FordPass updated, and now I can select windshield defrost with floor heat. Ahh technology.

I recently discovered that I have the same issue with my '21 XLT.
Wisconsin is now into freezing temps at night - when I had to go somewhere spur of the moment.
No time to remote start it and let it warm up for a while.
I jumped in and went to the climate controls. The system would allow me select heater and/or floor, OR windshield defrost.
Any combination I wanted that included the windshield defrost * heat or floor would not work.
So I chose to use the windshield defrost as seeing was a safety issue, and chose to remain freezing. Pretty shitty options in my opinion Ford...

Last edited:

FerdRanger

First Name
Ferdinand the Great
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Sport 4x4
Occupation
not for long
I have never had a vehicle with those options. Including the 2018 equinox and 2018 jeep.

My 2014 F150 did not as well.

Never caused an issue. And I am in NE Ohio snow belt.
My 2015 F150 XL Sport did. Could set any combo of the three.
Funny I was just thinking about bringing this up in the ForScan forum.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
I read the manual before ordering (it's online) and saw the same thing. And initially was irritated but then realized the point of heated seats is that I don't have to have hot, dry air blowing in my face. Now I have warm ass, warm feet, and a warm windshield.

gwhalin

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Retired
I have never liked the hot air in my face. My usual go to in winter is floor and defrost. Heated seats when first get in. I do wish we had heated steering wheel. Had one on my last car and it was something I never knew I was missing until I had it.

Ranger_Pawl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
- Draftsman
I have never liked the hot air in my face. My usual go to in winter is floor and defrost. Heated seats when first get in. I do wish we had heated steering wheel. Had one on my last car and it was something I never knew I was missing until I had it.
Yup, the heating setup is probably my biggest issue with my Ranger, mostly in the winter weather. Without a heated steering wheel, and with the terrible flow on the feet, I need everything: defroster (obviously in winter), feet, (what little I can get to my poor feet) and dash vents (at least until I warm my steering wheel and hands).

In winter, I find myself switching back and forth all the time, to get the heat where I need. Kind of a pain. For me, heat coming out of all 3 locations simultaneously would have been great.
Sponsored