jlarrabee104

First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Curious if anyone has purchased a Headache Rack style rack for their trucks?

I saw this Deezee Rack on CARiD and was wondering if anyone has experience.

I notice they have a Mesh Style one as well. Figure there will be drilling involved.

DeezeeRack.PNG
Sponsored

rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
STX FX4 SuperCrew
Occupation
engineering systems admin
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been searching too... I don’t think there is an application specific one for Rangers out there... more so universal/drill fit.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Just wondering, these look so cool, but, aside from the looks and the additional places to tie stuff down, do they actually provide any protection in case of a rollover? Or are there other advantages that I am missing?

RoadtripsOfUnusualSize

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Formerly owner of an Ingot FX4
Occupation
Retired
I put the Dee Zee rack on my '19 XLT this week. The installation was very straightforward. However, the tacky, huge Dee Zee plaque accidentally fell off and ended up in the trash. The rack will ultimately be used as part of my kayak hauling solution.

Headache 1.jpg
Headache 2.jpg

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger lariat supercab FX4
Occupation
Family vehicle MX officer
I put the Dee Zee rack on my '19 XLT this week. The installation was very straightforward. However, the tacky, huge Dee Zee plaque accidentally fell off and ended up in the trash. The rack will ultimately be used as part of my kayak hauling solution.

Headache 1.jpg
Headache 2.jpg
What kind of kayaks? i have a hobie outback and 14 ft PA...have been pondering the same question. Are you going to remove the roof antenna?
Just wondering, these look so cool, but, aside from the looks and the additional places to tie stuff down, do they actually provide any protection in case of a rollover? Or are there other advantages that I am missing?
I haul lots of brush on our rural property, and on previous trucks this kept me or the kids from throwing stuff thru the rear window. I had lights mounted facing the rear...

RoadtripsOfUnusualSize

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
What kind of kayaks? i have a hobie outback and 14 ft PA...have been pondering the same question. Are you going to remove the roof antenna?
Hi Tom. We've been paddling a tandem, but just sold it. This spring, we'll be transitioning over to a pair of 12' solos. We've been trying to order some for months, but there's been a big shortage of boats from pandemic buying and no dice. But, it does look like stores are starting to see some availability again. So, soon.

Hopefully that antenna won't be in the way. There will be a pair of Malone collapsible J-carriers on the top of the rack and that antenna should fall right between. If it's a concern, I'll maybe replace it with a stubby antenna.

We try to film our most interesting paddles and put them here: Roadtrips Of Unusual Size

dr3w_mac

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger fx4
Occupation
Currier

Headache 1.jpg
Headache 2.jpg
I've really been looking into getting one of these, but was curious if I could still use a tool box the fit along with the rack. Yours looks really nice ?

JimboAnz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 - Sold

Headache 1.jpg
Headache 2.jpg
nice rack !! I was looking at these this morning. where did you find the most cost effective place to purchase from?

1622821779037.png

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
------2011 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L Manual Scab
Occupation
--Machinist
How many holes do you have to drill to mount a good headache rack. I am not expecting it to be a roll bar. I load my Ranger a few times a year for camping. Gear is above the bed rails . If I get in an accident I want to stop the camping gear from going through the back Window. I also want to use it as a Rack to mount paddle boards.

RoadtripsOfUnusualSize

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
My DeeZee required no hole drilling; it came with clamps. I think most are like that.

Same here on purpose. We regularly load kayaks and gear in the bed and I'd really like to not punch something through the back window.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
That looks great John. I know that Gary (@Swingpure ) has been looking for something like that. I like the curved corners and that it’s set up for t-slot eye bolts.

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Headache racks are a great place to mount antennas for 2 way radios without putting a hole in your washtub.

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
That looks great John. I know that Gary (@Swingpure ) has been looking for something like that. I like the curved corners and that it’s set up for t-slot eye bolts.
Nice rack, but it not work with my tonneau cover. If I had to do it over again, I might have purchased the backrack and the matching tonneau cover.

TheDo114

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
Do we have access hole or bed stake pockets upfront to attach these types of racks? Or do we need to drill trough to bed rails and caps?

Thank you
Sponsored