Has anyone hauled anything

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase
My first haul. A bed full of Crappers.....

65937525_10217141225675755_2253410490845757440_n.jpg

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I had about 100# of tools and 100Gal of water in a tank in the back. I am ridiculously impressed as to how the ride smoothed out with the added weight. I drove about 10 miles of mixed highway and dirt roads with an open water trough style tank almost full, and only lost like 2 drops of water out of it. On the drive home, I strapped an old bed sheet over top of it (so the fish didn't escape), and it was dry except for two little spots where water splashed it.

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Since it's not 48 inches between the wheel wells how did you set up the hauling? In 2010 I was going to buy an F150 but with the Sport trac being phased out I got 6k in rebates so I tried it and after 14 months I Hated it. I was doing alot of remodeling and got tired of breaking drywall and fighting 4x8 sheets of stuff plus the bed was only 4 ft or so deep and I had a bunch of material hanging over the tailgate. When I got my F150 with a 5.5ft bed and a tall tailgate I only had a little over a foot hanging over the bed. My remodeling days are about gone so I bought the ranger after it grew on me, I was disappointed that Ford didnt learn the hard way with the Sport trac bed, I realize it was a glorified grocery getter but they could have widened the ranger wheel wells. After I see some different ways guys haul 4x8 stuff I will pick one that works for me.

I had my truck for 2 days and hauled 11 sheets of 3/4 CDX plywood - it sticks out a bit with the 5' bed but it drove great. Hardly could tell I had a load. I don't know how much they weighed, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were 50 lbs a piece.

Edit: Actually, according to this website:

http://www.derose.net/steve/resources/engtables/materials.html

They weigh 68 lbs a piece, so that means I was hauling about 750 lbs! Wow! It did GREAT!

The only bad part was that somehow I dented one of the wheel wells doing that - not sure how, but oh well, it is a truck.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Since it's not 48 inches between the wheel wells how did you set up the hauling? In 2010 I was going to buy an F150 but with the Sport trac being phased out I got 6k in rebates so I tried it and after 14 months I Hated it. I was doing alot of remodeling and got tired of breaking drywall and fighting 4x8 sheets of stuff plus the bed was only 4 ft or so deep and I had a bunch of material hanging over the tailgate. When I got my F150 with a 5.5ft bed and a tall tailgate I only had a little over a foot hanging over the bed. My remodeling days are about gone so I bought the ranger after it grew on me, I was disappointed that Ford didnt learn the hard way with the Sport trac bed, I realize it was a glorified grocery getter but they could have widened the ranger wheel wells. After I see some different ways guys haul 4x8 stuff I will pick one that works for me.
Same way I did in my 2005 Ranger - the plywood sits on the wheel wells one end goes up front and the other end sits on the tailgate - hope that makes sense - the new Ranger is ALMOST 48" between the wheel wells, but not quite (45" or something like that). The deeper bed helps things a bit though.
It actually worked better than I thought for a 5' bed. But it was 3/4 ply so maybe something like sheetrock would be more fragile.

Mcoop57

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4X4, 2016 Honda Goldwing, 2017 Volkswagen GTI
Occupation
Retired
Hauled a stand up paddle board today. First outing with the new Ranger and the new rack. Couldn’t tell it was back there LOL.

0B9E7E58-1A5A-41DE-BBDA-AD8C0F3D197B.jpeg
Sponsored