Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
Legal Overhang on a Pickup Truck
Laws applying to commercial motor vehicles also apply to passenger vehicles, including pickup trucks. If a load overhangs the front of your truck by 3 feet, the side by 4 inches or the rear by 4 feet, you will need to properly mark the overhang at its maximum width and length with warning flags, reflectors and lights for driving after dark.
I hauled my 12'6" kayak from Iowa to Mississippi in my Ram, 5'7" bed, and it stuck out the back by 5'+...I had safety orange and safety green "flags" (more like strips from an old t-shirt) tied to the back handles. Passed locals, state troopers, Sheriffs....no issues.
Sponsored

me01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RANGER 2019 AU
i don't know if you guys got the same problem, but i connected my trailer up, it has LED's. The right hand blinker flashes fast. Left is normal. "Stupid ford" No problems with any other vehicle.

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
i don't know if you guys got the same problem, but i connected my trailer up, it has LED's. The right hand blinker flashes fast. Left is normal. "Stupid ford" No problems with any other vehicle.
@me01 All seems well with my trailer turn signals. Mine are LED also. The only reason your flasher should blink fast is if there is no or little resistance to the flasher module. Normally that means there is a burnt out light for a regular bulb. There may be a short in your trailer wiring going to ground on the trailer. To test it, hook your trailer up and put your Positive test lead on the ground wire for the light and then put your Negative test lead anywhere metal on the trailer. You should show 0v if everything is OK. If you read voltage, the Positive wire is broken somewhere and touching the trailer. It may not be totally broke, the cover may be skint back and the bare wire is touching.

me01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RANGER 2019 AU
@me01 All seems well with my trailer turn signals. Mine are LED also. The only reason your flasher should blink fast is if there is no or little resistance to the flasher module. Normally that means there is a burnt out light for a regular bulb. There may be a short in your trailer wiring going to ground on the trailer. To test it, hook your trailer up and put your Positive test lead on the ground wire for the light and then put your Negative test lead anywhere metal on the trailer. You should show 0v if everything is OK. If you read voltage, the Positive wire is broken somewhere and touching the trailer. It may not be totally broke, the cover may be skint back and the bare wire is touching.

Thank you mate. But i don't understand why all other vehicles are ok. This is a trailer i share with my staff. No problems there on any of those 2016 vehicles. There is a few cuts in the cable over the years, but it doesn't affect any other vehicles. I've read here in OZ, many peeps having LED trailer issues. I assumed "dumb ford" same problems? I'm guessing you guys use "HOT" we say "negative" :)

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Thank you mate. But i don't understand why all other vehicles are ok. This is a trailer i share with my staff. No problems there on any of those 2016 vehicles. There is a few cuts in the cable over the years, but it doesn't affect any other vehicles. I've read here in OZ, many peeps having LED trailer issues. I assumed "dumb ford" same problems? I'm guessing you guys use "HOT" we say "negative" :)

In the USA, "Hot" is the positive cable (+, red, whatever), ground is negative.

LewisLegacy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Just a new addition/upgrade for the garage
863919544.png

me01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RANGER 2019 AU
Just a new addition/upgrade for the garage
863919544.png
Can you advise in Inches your "black red oval" as we use mm here. I get conflicting sizes between the USA and oz. I measure just over 6" but I'm only seeing 7" advertised everywhere

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pmiyoshiphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback16, Ford Ranger 11
Occupation
⭐ tender
Vehicle Showcase
My tires and wheels, BTW what’s the weight capacity for the Tailgate? And weight capacity for the tailgate straps (if I were to have the tailgate propped halfway)!

743DE0D6-62A4-48AA-8B9C-51338961F009.jpeg

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
My tires and wheels, BTW what’s the weight capacity for the Tailgate? And weight capacity for the tailgate straps (if I were to have the tailgate propped halfway)!

743DE0D6-62A4-48AA-8B9C-51338961F009.jpeg
I think I read somewhere the tailgate max weight was 485lbs