Harbor Frieght LED Lights

ylwjacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4
if dust is something you will be in consider doing amber / yellow lights. they sorta cut into the dust better with less glare reflecting back to the driver. i think hf sells the yellow ones as well as white. for rear leaf springs check these out.
https://autospringkits.com/product/2019-2023-ford-ranger-rear-add-a-leaf-kit/

cost less than the tremor spring. fit perfectly and easy to install. adds some lift, flex and supposedly around 750 pounds more load capacity. You can get them direct from the maker or some of our r5g sponsors like S3M sell them. now and then s3M has a sale going and they may be even less than direct from the maker.

don't mean to threadjack, but is it actually possible to increase payload this way?

I'd like to increase mine by 200-300 lbs, but not sure I'd trust it.
Sponsored

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
don't mean to threadjack, but is it actually possible to increase payload this way?

NO! It does not. Payload is not based on spring rating. What is on the door stocker is what it is. And, any mods you do that add weight count against it.āø

ReigleCM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
NASA Geospatial Analyst
Absolutely do not buy cheap lights, they're going to leak, and generally be shit. I went through 2 sets of cheap Amazon knockoffs before spending just a little more $ on a nicer set.

NO! It does not. Payload is not based on spring rating. What is on the door stocker is what it is. And, any mods you do that add weight count against it.āø
Well, that's not true at all. Payload is part of a calculation based on lots of different factors inducing brakes, suspension, frame, etc. While there is an upper limit, it can be adjusted with suspension modifications. Many countries (AUS) sell GVM upgrades for the Ranger to increase payload. It's a USA thing (liability) thing to say you can't increase payload with modifications.

jflogerzi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD/Tow CG MY22 Ranger XLT 2WD, Track Car FRS 2013
I have had good luck with my Harbor Freight LED Trailer Kit so far.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather

i cant answer that for you with any facts or hard numbers. im sure some of the armchair admirals around here can get into what payload is defined as etc lol. but a way to look at these: sort of a band aid or reinforcing of what the truck came with to be able to do what ford says it will do, but in a better more poised manner. adding better leaf springs will not make a ranger into an f350 lol. but if you frequently have your truck loaded with stuff, the rear may sag and drive in a worse manner based on how the balance of the truck has changed compared to unloaded. the add a leafs keep the truck bed from squatting as much as it would with just the stock springs. i have found the truck to ride much better and feel more planted to the road with the new springs. in stock form the 5g rangers are a bit of boat in confused sea feeling if that is understandable. so if your trucks rated to tow 7500 pounds adding the new springs will not make it tow 8000 pounds.

Todd Chapin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
Diode dynamics...buy once, cry once and your good to go and see!

Kodiacnb

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Super cab
Occupation
Retired Postal Worker