First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
I had Hankook ATs on my Tacoma for 2 years. They were good on snow but terrible on wet roads and loud on the freeway. Don't know that I would ever buy another set of Hankooks.
How often did you rotate the tires? If I don't rotate them on my Ranger every 4,000 miles they start making noise from uneven wear.
Sponsored

AverageWhiteGuy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Professional Procastinator
How often did you rotate the tires? If I don't rotate them on my Ranger every 4,000 miles they start making noise from uneven wear.
I was sitting in the stealership when buying my first ford truck. And the guy asks if I'd like a extended warranty on the hankook tires, and I go. "Oh man, as soon as they wear down, Imma rip them off, and put some real tires on." Ironically, I ended up getting Bridgestone Dueler H/T tires. On the highway they have less road noise, and I get alot better grip on roads. On my sports car I had Michelin Pilot® Sport A/S 3+, they where fantastic. Worked great in snow, ice, and rain. I don't think they work on heavy trucks tho.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
I was sitting in the stealership when buying my first ford truck. And the guy asks if I'd like a extended warranty on the hankook tires, and I go. "Oh man, as soon as they wear down, Imma rip them off, and put some real tires on." Ironically, I ended up getting Bridgestone Dueler H/T tires. On the highway they have less road noise, and I get alot better grip on roads. On my sports car I had Michelin Pilot® Sport A/S 3+, they where fantastic. Worked great in snow, ice, and rain. I don't think they work on heavy trucks tho.
You never did answer my question...

Reactions: EJH

AverageWhiteGuy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Professional Procastinator

Jimmy07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL/STX
My OEM tires are the Bridgestone Dueler H/T. With 10,000 miles on them and few travel trailer towing trips, I'm really happy with them ... quite, good traction, handles fine. Pleasant surprise for an OEM tire.

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
My Ranger came with Hankook Dynapro AT2's.
When I found the truck on the lot, I noticed on the sticker that they apparently were an option.
I have no complaints about them - traction, ride comfort, quietness all appear pretty good. I guess my only gripe is I wish they were a size larger! They do have a bit of an aggressive all terrain look to them so that is a plus as I won't be replacing them until they wear a bit.
Ohhhh, as to rotation - I only have 8700 miles on my truck but have rotated them twice already.

jzinckgra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Just got a lariat with these wheels. Seems pretty good except for packed down snow. Lots of spin even coming slowly out of corners. I think I'll spring for a winter wheelset next year and use the Hancook for the other seasons.
Sponsored