Sponsored

Grill Insect Screen?

Dr_Strangelove

Well-Known Member
First Name
Adam
Joined
Oct 14, 2022
Threads
13
Messages
1,174
Reaction score
5,393
Location
Henderson, NV
Vehicle(s)
'22 XLT Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Art, Design, Photo & Video
To those with the Putco insert, do you have a front license plate?
(I ask because the website says I might have to relocate it, and I'm not sure how hard that'd be?)

To those with the Mountains2Metal insert, do you have Adaptive Cruse Control?
(I ask because it doesn't seem to have the cutout for the square radar thing that the Putco does. The website says it's compatible with ACC, so I guess the insert in front of it doesn't bother it?)

The Putco grille utilizes the same mounting surfaces as the license plate holder, but the metal on the grille is very thin, so I don't think you'd have any issues making a Putco sandwich with your license plate holder. (I don't have a front plate.)


You might have noticed with Putco that there is a model for trucks with adaptive cruise control that has a cutout and a model for trucks without. My understanding is the MTM model is universal (according to their website.)
 

Chris M

Well-Known Member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Jun 11, 2020
Threads
22
Messages
4,676
Reaction score
20,659
Location
Surprise, AZ
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
I have the one with the cutout. Fits perfectly.
No plate holder needed in AZ so I can't speak to that.
 

tgRanger

Well-Known Member
First Name
Tony
Joined
May 13, 2019
Threads
11
Messages
497
Reaction score
1,451
Location
NJ
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat, 1988 Mustang GT, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
Vehicle Showcase
1
Daymn, I thought I was done buying stuff for this truck!
But that lower grill insert seems like a good idea.
So, I have a couple of questions for you folks:

To those with the Putco insert, do you have a front license plate?
(I ask because the website says I might have to relocate it, and I'm not sure how hard that'd be?)

To those with the Mountains2Metal insert, do you have Adaptive Cruse Control?
(I ask because it doesn't seem to have the cutout for the square radar thing that the Putco does. The website says it's compatible with ACC, so I guess the insert in front of it doesn't bother it?)

I'm probably overthinking this, but thought I'd ask.
Thanks
I have a Putco on my Lariat with ACC and a license plate (which I can’t stand) and it fits just fine.
D7B0F35B-023E-4B6D-ABC7-8A7E48D8AE33.jpeg
 


TechEditor

Well-Known Member
First Name
Greg
Joined
Mar 6, 2023
Threads
2
Messages
92
Reaction score
151
Location
New York State
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Locomotive Electronic Brake Software Tester
Vehicle Showcase
1
The Putco fits just fine with a front license plate bracket as seen here:
 

subquark

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
4,566
Reaction score
23,251
Location
Portsmouth, NH
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher

subquark

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
4,566
Reaction score
23,251
Location
Portsmouth, NH
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
BTW, I use McKee's 37 bug remover. This stuff is amazing. (I hope the link works. )
Mark
Don't let Dave read that!

Use 303 Aerospace Protectant and their guts won't even stick! =D

1722373024789-x2.webp
 

AzScorpion

Moderator
First Name
Dave
Joined
Jul 25, 2019
Threads
342
Messages
27,112
Reaction score
137,224
Location
Back Home In AZ!
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired...Full Time Slacker
Don't let Dave read that!

Use 303 Aerospace Protectant and their guts won't even stick! =D

1722373024789-x2.png
Thats a lot of bugs! o_O

I've never used a bug remover. But I have so much Graphene on mine they just wash right off with a quick foam and rinse. lol
 

JoeC

Well-Known Member
First Name
Joe
Joined
Oct 29, 2019
Threads
2
Messages
241
Reaction score
625
Location
New England
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Thank you for all the answers regarding the license plate and ACC.
It seems either brand grill insert should install and work no problem.
Thanks again, you folks are great!
 
OP
OP

emesel

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mark
Joined
Mar 8, 2022
Threads
13
Messages
97
Reaction score
90
Location
New England
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
I installed the FIA bug screen and the M2M Grille Insert (I returned the Putco; it seemed like a lot more effort to install than it needed to be). I attached 13-mesh stainless steel screen (about same opening size as the FIA) to the back of the M2M insert, except where the ACC sensor is. The only place not protected now is the horizontal slot in the painted part of the OEM grille. Here are pics of the install, and of all the junk that was in there affecting cooling.

20240717_113733.jpg


20240717_102339.jpg


20240808_091223.jpg


20240808_102320.jpg


20240809_123600.jpg


20240808_174510.jpg
 

Racket

Well-Known Member
First Name
John
Joined
Jan 21, 2020
Threads
23
Messages
2,262
Reaction score
3,587
Location
Here and There
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I have a Lariat with the bells and whistles and that gape was one of the design issues that turned me off. I too got the Putco grill. Just one of those odd Ford lapses in production.
Sponsored

 
 








Top