First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Your MPG should steadily improve as the truck breaks in.
I agree. When I found the sweet spot where I wasn't bringing the turbo into play from a dead stop mine started giving me very good mpgs. But, it sure is fun to let 'er rip sometimes. :) Enjoy that Tremor. It's a beauty.

Last edited:

OP
OP

cbull

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic hatchback CVT 2017 ram cummins
Occupation
Farmer
Here is the 2014 Ford F150 TREMOR for those of you who might remember or not.
A 3.5 Ecboboost Regular Cab. $42,000!

tremor.jpg
Lol, yep, I did look a couple of these, was very close to buying a single cab with the 5.0 so I could supercharger it. But at times I really need to be able to haul 4 people, and can't get a single cab tremor with the V8 or a loaded Lariat. In the none temor f150 xlt is the highest trine level.

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F150
Occupation
Ford parts guy
DSC_1400.JPG

Well.... Something happened yesterday, woke up this morning and realized that, yes, I did Indeed buy this. Lol
Got carried away looking for a Lariat extended cab and somehow ended up with a tremor.
Fun little truck to drive, but with the head wind I fought on the way home I got not so fun mpgs, lol.
I have a Tremor ordered, right now it is scheduled to be built the week of May 10th. Does the Tremor package help with the annoying Ford nose down design ? Will I still need to install a 2.5 inch leveling kit ?

SuperBford

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
education
Are the stripes part of a graphics package. I have yet to see one in dealer inventory with these.

trem.jpg
I know most people aren't a fan of the stripes, but if I were to move into an XLT Tremor.... I'd be all about them... I wonder if the colors change depending on the base color of the truck.... Give me that 70s retro look.

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
I know most people aren't a fan of the stripes, but if I were to move into an XLT Tremor.... I'd be all about them... I wonder if the colors change depending on the base color of the truck.... Give me that 70s retro look.
I don't hate them either. Sort of a retro Ivan Stewart esque look. Apologies in advance for the Toyota reference.
1619461105207.png

SuperBford

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
education
I don't hate them either. Sort of a retro Ivan Stewart esque look. Apologies in advance for the Toyota reference.
1619461105207.png
1619461105207.png
I went to Ford online to try and build one with the graphics, but it doesn't allow that sadly... was hopening to see the graphics on a couple of different finishes. I did find images of a black Tremor that only had red stripes on it.

I'd like to see Cactus Grey and Cyber Orange with the graphics!

OP
OP

cbull

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Farmer
I have a Tremor ordered, right now it is scheduled to be built the week of May 10th. Does the Tremor package help with the annoying Ford nose down design ? Will I still need to install a 2.5 inch leveling kit ?

I haven't really compare the two as far as the nose down thing you're talking about. But yes it does seem that even in the tremor the rear is at least an inch and a half or so higher than the front. I as well like the leveled truck look better, but I do also on occasion haul stuff with this truck, although nothing major, but I hate having a truck that sags in the back end. So I guess for me I don't mind a little bit of the nose down, although I would prefer a little less of it.
I have contemplated doing a level get of some sort up front but I don't want to mess up the way it rides and handles which is very good in my opinion. So probably in order to get another two inches In the front and still have it handle and ride good I'm sure I would need quite a bit more money spent on new springs and shocks do it right.

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F150
Occupation
Ford parts guy
I haven't really compare the two as far as the nose down thing you're talking about. But yes it does seem that even in the tremor the rear is at least an inch and a half or so higher than the front. I as well like the leveled truck look better, but I do also on occasion haul stuff with this truck, although nothing major, but I hate having a truck that sags in the back end. So I guess for me I don't mind a little bit of the nose down, although I would prefer a little less of it.
I have contemplated doing a level get of some sort up front but I don't want to mess up the way it rides and handles which is very good in my opinion. So probably in order to get another two inches In the front and still have it handle and ride good I'm sure I would need quite a bit more money spent on new springs and shocks do it right.
Thanks, The nose down design just drives me crazy and i rarely haul anything super heavy. I have used the Rough Country Leveling kits on my 2012 - 15 - and 18 F150's and I never experienced any issues with the ride or handling. These kits are just a 2.5 in spacer that mounts to the top of your strut tower, so it won't restrict you springs and affect the ride. Hopefully it work the same for the Ranger

Ericrcif

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariant FX4
Occupation
Retired
Nice, congrats. If that model existed when I bought my 2020 I would have been all over it.

OP
OP

cbull

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Farmer
Thanks, The nose down design just drives me crazy and i rarely haul anything super heavy. I have used the Rough Country Leveling kits on my 2012 - 15 - and 18 F150's and I never experienced any issues with the ride or handling. These kits are just a 2.5 in spacer that mounts to the top of your strut tower, so it won't restrict you springs and affect the ride. Hopefully it work the same for the Ranger

Perhaps the ride and handling wouldn't be affected by a 2-inch spacer, I have never lifted an F-150. Some of the other trucks that I have lifted, some Tacomas a couple Rams one being a 3500 and a 2500, and then F350 all rode rougher and didn't handle quite the same after leveling kit. So I have, since those issues, have not leveled anything unless I went with different shocks and springs. Of course the Ranger could be totally different.
Sponsored