Good wheel backspace/offset and A/T tire size for a 2.5" lifted FX2?

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat CC Black FX2 (Wife's), 2017 Rubicon 2d
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Haven't posted in a while, but I'm about to raise my Ranger back up. I gave the truck to my wife and she doesn't care much about the whole lowered/performance thing, so I'm going to put a small lift/leveling kit on it and some new wheels and tires, but keep the fender flares on it, which cover about 2" out from the fender.

So, I'm asking yall what wheel backspacing and offset would I need, along with an A/T tire size for the next stage of the Ranger? I'm pretty sure we're going to keep the wheels at a 17" or 18". Don't really need 33's, but if we find some, that's fine?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Any standard 5G 4x4 wheel/tire set would work just fine...my original 265 and wheels was a bit tight in back space...couldn't get my fingers between the rim and uprights...but it works...my everyday 285 setup has about an inch clearance...

Brett Fields

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4, Blackout, Tow
Occupation
Paramedic
Why not return it to stock? If you no longer have the wheels, ebay is full of take offs.

OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat CC Black FX2 (Wife's), 2017 Rubicon 2d
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Any standard 5G 4x4 wheel/tire set would work just fine...my original 265 and wheels was a bit tight in back space...couldn't get my fingers between the rim and uprights...but it works...my everyday 285 setup has about an inch clearance...
I found something that should work, 2.5" coil spacer front lift, 1" rear block lift, 17x9 -12mm offset, with 285/70 A/T's. All the research I've done today, says all this should be fine? It's got to be better than now being lowered 3"F/5"R, with 20x10 -24mm offset wheels with 265/50's? There's like 3+" of positive scrub radius with my current setup... She also wants to keep the Air Design Fender Flares, which stick out 2", so I need something to fill up that space... With the 20x10 wheels, they're actually an inch wider than the flares..

Why not return it to stock? If you no longer have the wheels, eBay is full of take offs.
She doesn't want a stock wheel...

Brett Fields

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4, Blackout, Tow
Occupation
Paramedic
I found something that should work, 2.5" coil spacer front lift, 1" rear block lift, 17x9 -12mm offset, with 285/70 A/T's. All the research I've done today, says all this should be fine? It's got to be better than now being lowered 3"F/5"R, with 20x10 -24mm offset wheels with 265/50's? There's like 3+" of positive scrub radius with my current setup... She also wants to keep the Air Design Fender Flares, which stick out 2", so I need something to fill up that space... With the 20x10 wheels, they're actually an inch wider than the flares..

She doesn't want a stock wheel...
Got it.
Sponsored