tgRanger

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat, 1988 Mustang GT, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
Vehicle Showcase
I had to crank mine down pretty good to get it to grab. At first, it felt like it was the wrong size but I kept turning the bolt and it finally held, probably should have shot some wd-40 on it to begin with to let it turn better.
Same here.. It was a Biatch! You have to really bear down on it, feels like your going to break something but it eventually tightens.
Sponsored

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
How about a photo from the rear?

That will give us good perspective on how far it sticks out (if any) and how the black tip looks with the galvanized stock exhaust.

Johnpenn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2004 Corvette, 2005 Ranger Edge
Occupation
Retired Quality and EHS Manager

That will give us good perspective on how far it sticks out (if any) and how the black tip looks with the galvanized stock exhaust.
Mine sticks out about a 1/2 inch past the bottom of the fender if you look at it from behind. That's with the tip as far on as it will go without the tailpipe going past the rolled edge of the tip.

I thought it looked like crap with the galvanized pipe unpainted so I took the tip off, painted the pipe all the way to the muffler with heat resistant black paint and then put it back on. The tailpipe doesn't get very hot anyway so I just used Krylon High Heat from Lowe's; about $4 a can. I used some cardboard to mask the lower part of the fender and the end of the muffler. It still looks fine after 3 months and 5000 miles.

By the way, I got it $5 cheaper from Amazon by choosing the warehouse deal they often offer. I do this with almost everything I buy from Amazon when available. I've never been burned yet.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Not quite a pic from the complete rear but one I had on hand.

UxiBFRo.jpg

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Not quite a pic from the complete rear but one I had on hand.
Thanks.. looks good.

I'm on the fence as to the black vs shiny vs a matte stainless:question:

I emailed them... I'm hoping I can get them in raw stainless, no chrome, no powder coat and then sand them down to a matte finish. I think that would look pretty good with the silver painted aluminum wheels on my truck.

Last edited:

Geo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I had to crank mine down pretty good to get it to grab. At first, it felt like it was the wrong size but I kept turning the bolt and it finally held, probably should have shot some wd-40 on it to begin with to let it turn better.
Yep the WD-40 did the trick and loosened the spacer right up. Was able to get it on with no trouble at all this morning.

3824E91A-A60F-4015-9E8E-99CCF9D6B79D.jpeg

tgRanger

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat, 1988 Mustang GT, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Yep the WD-40 did the trick and loosened the spacer right up. Was able to get it on with no trouble at all this morning.
Ya just gotta put a little :muscle: into it..

Did you drill a small drain hole at the bottom while you were at it?

Reactions: Geo

Geo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Ya just gotta put a little :muscle: into it..

Did you drill a small drain hole at the bottom while you were at it?
No not yet. I did hear about the possibility of water collecting before the rim so I’ll do that when I can get my hands on a drill.

Last edited:

Mobius97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat Fx4-Lotus Evora-Lotus Elise-BMW X7 M
Mine will be here today! I will need to go grab a spray can of black heat paint before installing. In my first post after joining the forums, I commented on how I couldn't stand how the stock exhaust looked. It reminded me of a piece of electrical conduit slapped on there.

This will work perfect for me! I don't plan on doing any real performance mods to this truck. It will be handed over to my son in 5yrs when he starts driving so keeping it stock except for small cosmetic details like this.

Mobius97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat Fx4-Lotus Evora-Lotus Elise-BMW X7 M
Ah much better now! Like others, I used Rustoleum's hi temp grill paint. Masked the area, sprayed and then did a quick cure/dry with my heat gun set to 400* on low. Clamped on the tip and whalla. Took about 25 mins start to finish. Great outcome.....thanks for the "tip" :) guys!

20191002_132935.jpg

Rangerjoel94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab
Those of you who painted the exhaust pipe, did you raise your Rangers off the ground a bit (for spray can clearance), or did you just get under there, mask/block off areas from overspray, and spray away? I would imagine it would be difficult to get an even coat on the top of the pipe. Thanks!

JokerUSAF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
US Air Force (Retired)
Vehicle Showcase
I just crawled under, masked everything and sprayed it. I wasn't trying for "show" quality. Just wanted to help the exhaust tip look like it belonged/matched.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Those of you who painted the exhaust pipe, did you raise your Rangers off the ground a bit (for spray can clearance), or did you just get under there, mask/block off areas from overspray, and spray away? I would imagine it would be difficult to get an even coat on the top of the pipe. Thanks!
I used a piece of cardboard and moved it around spraying. Worked like a charm.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
I am giving this one a try. LINK
No name but Cheaper and already has weep hole, so powder coat is intact.
Will post pics when I get it installed

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
OK here are pics of my OsoTorero black exhaust tip. Nice construction and finish. Only thing that worries me is the nuts welded on to attach. I had to really torque this down to get it to close up on my exhaust. I might need to just go buy an exhaust clamp as insurance.
I really like the extra length, but still need to paint back to the muffler.

20200117_111511.jpg

20200117_172809.jpg

20200117_172847.jpg
Sponsored