First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
You must be work in HMI...I'm surprise this passed quality check team...:facepalm:
I do a bit of everything, right now I'm doing backend database connections and front end GUI interfaces to my backends. That sounds way more fun than it really is, but it's a lot of fun.

I noticed this screen for the first time when I hooked up my FORScan unit. At first I thought I messed something up after making a change with FORScan. Then I realized I didn't have my mobile phone with me. I had paired bluetooth on my phone when I first got my Ranger. So, I went in to the house, grabbed my phone, and got back in the Ranger. That screen was gone. As the message says "pair a device to disable this prompt".

You should also be able to turn off the bluetooth settings on Sync.
I have a phone paired, it happens if I'm using Car Play. I haven't considered disabling bluetooth.
Sponsored

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Emissions testing supplier
I have a phone paired, it happens if I'm using Car Play. I haven't considered disabling bluetooth.
Carplay turns off bluetooth since it uses USB to pass through all audio and data through a high speed USB connection. This is why original Sync 3 systems (2016) needed to upgrade from USB 2 to 3.

The location and data services the message screen is alerting about “wants” a phone with an active bluetooth connection. Once Carplay is activated, the system loses that connection.

If you turn off bluetooth, unpair a phone or use carplay, the system errors, which then results in the error.

Until 3.4 comes with a patch for this issue, there is nothing anyone can do except turn off connectivity settings and therefore disabling FordPass.

moredneck

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 500A Hot Pepper Red 3/27/20
Following. Same message.

cwea

First Name
chester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger
Occupation
field tech
20210313_130400.jpg

different message but same question... any one figure out how to kill this message... im just sick of it popping up everytime i start driving...
Sponsored