First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
Mine has been very slow to boot up a few times since I got the black screen of death a few weeks ago. It's interesting to me that it started just after the last update came out, but I haven't done the update. I was going to do the update a few days ago, hoping to fix the errors, but having read that some are having other troubles since the update and Ford saying the next update is due around the end of September, I decided to wait it out for now.
Sponsored

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
Lets not go blaming android for your apple problems.

In the voice of Cabose. From Red vs Blue

underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SC XLT FX4, 1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase
Made it home last night from my trip hoping to get auto update. Because of resets I had to renter my wife info and turn on auto update. Unfortunately, the unit is telling me it is up to date and keeps turning off auto update. Looks like a dealership appointment is coming. Too much damn technologyā€¦

underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase
Research tells me my APIM is shot or failing. Iā€™m up to date on software after confirming last update was Oct 2022. I hate having to go to the stealership for anything!

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Research tells me my APIM is shot or failing. Iā€™m up to date on software after confirming last update was Oct 2022. I hate having to go to the stealership for anything!
What version do you have? Latest Sync 3 is v3.4.23188 which was just recently released. Go to the Ford website and download it and install manually (Could also try getting it from Cyan Labs and use their process instead of Fordā€™s process.) Sometimes wifi will say up to date and just doesnā€™t get you the latest.

underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase
What version do you have? Latest Sync 3 is v3.4.23188 which was just recently released. Go to the Ford website and download it and install manually (Could also try getting it from Cyan Labs and use their process instead of Fordā€™s process.) Sometimes wifi will say up to date and just doesnā€™t get you the latest.
Thanks. Hooked up through truck Wi-Fi today and is telling me my software is up to date. Iā€™ll try the USB route. Iā€™m under warranty so going to see what the stealership can do Before I mess with it and make it worse šŸ˜‚
Sponsored