"Location and vehicle data sharing enabled" message

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
This prompt is a device bluetooth issue.
I see it as a Ford Sync issue, it doesn't happen in my wife's Hyundai. Doesn't annoy me to the point where I'd smash the display to get rid of it or unload the vehicle to be rid of it and heaven forbid I'm not going to start taking my cell phone along for every ride, I see so many people that seemingly can't survive without their cell phone, not about to join that addiction.
Sponsored

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Emissions testing supplier
The sync apps are nearly useless, might as well not have a phone or smart radio. Thank you for the info. I was going to bring it in to see if Ford can fix it, but it sounds like until 3.4 is released for the ranger I am stuck.
3.4 doesnt fix the issue. Its been released for a while. Im on 3.4 and the issue happens every single time I get in my truck.

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
This prompt is a device bluetooth issue. You need a device with active BT connection for this prompt to not appear. No phone? Prompt. Phone and BT on? No Prompt. Phone and BT off? Prompt. Old flip phone with old BT? Prompt (sometimes). Timing of the prompt varies from some reason I cannot discover yet.

With Android Auto, it is not a problem since android maintains the BT connection for calls and the cable for data. When you connect an iPhone via USB, the cable handles all the functions and BT is turned off. If you want to just charge the phone, use the rear USB ports. Apple's extreme app restrictions caused too many issues for me years ago and I haven't looked back since swapping to Android (which still has it's issues - my OnePlus 7t soemtimes changes the Nav voice for no reason!)
You can still use the front usb ports, you just have to disable carplay.

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Did a little digging. That message has to do with the 911 assist. If the 911 assist is enabled and you do not have a device connected (left it home or whatever), it gets mad and throws this prompt. 911 assist dials 911 from the connected phone if the airbags deploy or fuel pump cutoff is activated (rollover). According to manual.
911 assist needs a phone connected to work.

I disabled 911 assist and used to get a prompt saying "911 assist set to off" or something. But now I do not. Don't know why. changed in 3.4?
I have changed so much with sync 3, I can't even remember everything.

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Did a little digging. That message has to do with the 911 assist. If the 911 assist is enabled and you do not have a device connected (left it home or whatever), it gets mad and throws this prompt. 911 assist dials 911 from the connected phone if the airbags deploy or fuel pump cutoff is activated (rollover). According to manual.
911 assist needs a phone connected to work.

I disabled 911 assist and used to get a prompt saying "911 assist set to off" or something. But now I do not. Don't know why. changed in 3.4?
I have changed so much with sync 3, I can't even remember everything.
My 911 assist has been disabled since I bought the truck and I still get the error. My Escape was the same way.

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
My 911 assist has been disabled since I bought the truck and I still get the error. My Escape was the same way.
Interesting. I wonder why mine never pops up.

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Ha! Adding to my list of reasons to not buy apple products.

....Can't pass up the opportunity. :giggle:

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation

Unfortunately its on Ford to fix this one. The reason Apple bypasses bluetooth is the bandwith. It makes total sense but Ford needs to program for it.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

My reason is more basic $$$ , my android device is a moto G7 , cost me all of $150. not exactly a luddite as I worked with and sold technology , but I can be thrifty at times. I do dislike annoying repetitive messages though, at least many computer apps offer "do not show this prompt again" option.

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Yep. Turned my phone bluetooth off and went out and started truck. Sure enough, prompt popped up.

911 assist is off. Well there goes that idea.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Apparently whoever developed Sync thinks everyone should have their cell phones with them whenever they use their Ford autos, or the developer thinks that repetitive non value added messages are not annoying. There is the suspense of when the DA message will present itself, just to keep one's interest piqued , must be a random programing routine, how thoughtful.

GaryMc

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat RWD, 2019 Lincoln Nautilus
Occupation
Retired
My wife and I have dealt with this prompt on her 2019 Lincoln Nautilus with Sync 3.3. She refuses to BT her iPhone to her radio, even though she has it with her all the time. I use an Android Pixel, and decided I would BT to her car. After doing so, the prompt never popped up as long as I was in the car. I then had her car "forget" my phone, and we BT'd her iPhone to the car. As others have stated, it continued to pop up even with her phone connected - and WON'T go away until physically acknowledged. Maddeningly frustrating!!
I then updated my Ranger to Sync 3.4, and when my phone was not in the truck, the message would pop up, but it did have a timeout of about 5 seconds and would go away on it's own. When the Android phone is in the truck, it NEVER pops up. SO, I then updated her Nautilus to Sync 3.4, and as stated above, the prompt continued to pop up, but would timeout and go away after 5 seconds, with no phone connected at all. It definitely appears that this was addressed in Sync 3.4, but still no way to hide it forever going forward. However, we can live with this as long as it goes away on its own.
Sponsored