First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Supercrew Cab FX4
Occupation
ENGINEER
Satellite radio SUCKS. There's a reason it's free.
Use mine from Arches to Death Valley to GC South Rim. Love it for $6/month.

Just donā€™t listen to it!

veedubtuner

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 VW R32/2023 CG XLT Scab FX4 Ranger
Occupation
VW Parts
Vehicle Showcase
Funny thing, when I bought my truck it apparently came with free Sirius XM for what I assume was 3 month or so. Didn't even know about it till I got a notification in the mail that it was expiring this week :crackup: .

Probably wouldn't have used even if I did know :p

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Use mine from Arches to Death Valley to GC South Rim. Love it for $6/month.

Just donā€™t listen to it!
Short trips huh?

Must not have noticed their programming is on a 2 hour loop.

Last edited:

SilverSlugger

First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Baking
If you use their chat box on the website and tell them that the price is too high and your about to cancel 90% of the time they will give you a promo for that 10$ per month for a full year. Ive done this for 2 years now, takes about 5 minutes and could save you some $.

I just did it 3 days ago and got my bill down to 10$ from 30$ monthly. Also, this is for the Platinum package which has everything.

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I have it and only pay $5.00/months for the past 3 years. I do have one of their basic packages which doesn't include the sports and news but I could care less about those. One thing I like is when you're traveling you're not constantly scanning for channels or getting no stations at all in remotes parts. For $5.00/month even this cheap frugal Polack thinks it's a deal. šŸ˜†

As far as them repeating their playlist, show me a terrestrial station that doesn't do this! Unless you're using your own music (phone or off a USB stick) just about every station in the country repeats their list ad nauseam.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
As far as them repeating their playlist, show me a terrestrial station that doesn't do this! Unless you're using your own music (phone or off a USB stick) just about every station in the country repeats their list ad nauseam.
You're right. Between that and commercials I don't listen to any music on any radio. Hell even the comedy stations are horrible about it. But at least FM and HD don't make you pay to listen.

I stream my music and use a jump drive or listen to talk radio if out of my service area.

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
If you use their chat box on the website and tell them that the price is too high and your about to cancel 90% of the time they will give you a promo for that 10$ per month for a full year. Ive done this for 2 years now, takes about 5 minutes and could save you some $.

I just did it 3 days ago and got my bill down to 10$ from 30$ monthly. Also, this is for the Platinum package which has everything.
I got $5 a month for a year with everything. We stream it at home and in my wife's car. End of the offer and will switch to the $5 a month plan under the Subaru and stream in my truck. I love it when mowing and stream directly to my hearing aids with the mics turned off so that's all l hear. We have crap radio reception and woke stations so don't listen to radio.

Last edited:

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
I just wish you could get it active in 2 cars at the same time for one fee. To them the provided service is exactly the same, and I can only drive one vehicle at a time. I miss the days of DishNet, if you didn't have a DVR model receiver you could sub one chipped card move it between receivers in different rooms of the house, or even friends' houses, just wherever you were, and your sub worked. I want a "XM" key that I just plug into a USB slot and use my sub in any XM enabled car I happen to be driving. Until they offer that, no sub.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I just wish you could get it active in 2 cars at the same time for one fee. To them the provided service is exactly the same, and I can only drive one vehicle at a time. I miss the days of DishNet, if you didn't have a DVR model receiver you could sub one chipped card move it between receivers in different rooms of the house, or even friends' houses, just wherever you were, and your sub worked. I want a "XM" key that I just plug into a USB slot and use my sub in any XM enabled car I happen to be driving. Until they offer that, no sub.
Could you stream it off your phone in another vehicle?

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
Could you stream it off your phone in another vehicle?
That's what we do. Alexa streams it on all our smart home devices in the house and I also stream it to my Bluetooth speakers outside.

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
That's what we do. Alexa streams it on all our smart home devices in the house and I also stream it to my Bluetooth speakers outside.
iPhone does it too through blue tooth but I donā€™t like the data usage. So itā€™s less to pay for the subscription than excess data usage. I get 10 gigabytes per month through pure talk. Most consistent and inexpensive plan out there.. Iā€™ve tried other less expensive plans but the consistency sucks.

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
iPhone does it too through blue tooth but I donā€™t like the data usage. So itā€™s less to pay for the subscription than excess data usage. I get 10 gigabytes per month through pure talk. Most consistent and inexpensive plan out there.. Iā€™ve tried other less expensive plans but the consistency sucks.
I switched to Spectrum through my internet provider and $29.99 a month unlimited everything with 5g where available second phone free for the first year. Plus with their app I can watch my TV channels anywhere.
Sponsored