VentureRanger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Hey guys,

I was trying to find this on the thread and may I missed it. Does anyone know how to adjust the Ford Performance FOX Performance 2.0 coil-overs? One side seems to be higher (about an inch) on my truck even though they look like they are the same shock height on both sides. Has anyone else had this issue? I have been trying to find a spanner, Part number: FOX398-00-370, or Part number: FOX398-00-025A both of which have said they don't properly fit the 2.0 performance series.

Or is this normal and the shocks need to settle? I have it for a couple of days now with no real difference.

Sorry if this is a repost.
Sponsored

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
Hey guys,

I was trying to find this on the thread and may I missed it. Does anyone know how to adjust the Ford Performance FOX Performance 2.0 coil-overs? One side seems to be higher (about an inch) on my truck even though they look like they are the same shock height on both sides. Has anyone else had this issue? I have been trying to find a spanner, Part number: FOX398-00-370, or Part number: FOX398-00-025A both of which have said they don't properly fit the 2.0 performance series.

Or is this normal and the shocks need to settle? I have it for a couple of days now with no real difference.

Sorry if this is a repost.
You can't adjust the 2.0's with just the spanner. It requires that you compress the coil spring first and then adjust the collar. Otherwise, the aluminum threads will gall up. There's a video somewhere that showed the results of a guy trying to adjust without compressing the springs - end result was a no go.

Steve23

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Software Engineer
I adjusted mine and @NvrFinished is correct, no spanner for these. Can't do it on the vehicle so I did it before I put them on. Luckily a buddy of mine had a nice heavy duty spring compressor. Essentially you need to relieve the pressure on the "adjustment collar" on the bottom of the coilover and unscrew it to meet your desired height (I was told by a Fox rep that its 1/2" of collar adjustment for 1" of height change). Don't over-do it though, and another thing is that the Ford Performance ones start at 2" of lift while the non-FP ones start at 2.5" (Fox rep told me this as well) so I adjusted my collars 1/4" to get the 3" I wanted.

Hope this helps!

As far as the height difference, many have commented how the driver side of the truck sits lower by a bit

OP
OP
VentureRanger

VentureRanger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
I adjusted mine and @NvrFinished is correct, no spanner for these. Can't do it on the vehicle so I did it before I put them on. Luckily a buddy of mine had a nice heavy duty spring compressor. Essentially you need to relieve the pressure on the "adjustment collar" on the bottom of the coilover and unscrew it to meet your desired height (I was told by a Fox rep that its 1/2" of collar adjustment for 1" of height change). Don't over-do it though, and another thing is that the Ford Performance ones start at 2" of lift while the non-FP ones start at 2.5" (Fox rep told me this as well) so I adjusted my collars 1/4" to get the 3" I wanted.

Hope this helps!

As far as the height difference, many have commented how the driver side of the truck sits lower by a bit
Thanks to both of you! This helps immensely… and saves me some trial and error cash. The ½” per inch is great knowledge. For some reason one side came higher than the other, hopefully this sorts it out.

thanks again!

Steve23

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Software Engineer
Thanks to both of you! This helps immensely… and saves me some trial and error cash. The ½” per inch is great knowledge. For some reason one side came higher than the other, hopefully this sorts it out.

thanks again!
Anytime! Let us know if you need any more help. Another trial and error tip for you just in case: I had to rotate the bottom part where it screws into the LCA on one, like idk 1/8" maybe since the bolt wouldnt go in straight. Took me a bit to realize those could be adjusted... lol

OP
OP
VentureRanger

VentureRanger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Anytime! Let us know if you need any more help. Another trial and error tip for you just in case: I had to rotate the bottom part where it screws into the LCA on one, like idk 1/8" maybe since the bolt wouldnt go in straight. Took me a bit to realize those could be adjusted... lol
You’re a legend! Thanks for the tip!
Sponsored