FORScan Modifications

fslec

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport Livernois Tune
European style... I too would like the US style. Also would be nice to have the option of some more noticeable alert, maybe a tone.
Sponsored

JimH

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Retired
I see a bunch of things that don't show up on my XLT ...

d_ganggreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Is there a way to get android auto maps on the "home" screen? I love the split screen where you can see the maps and audio source, but it only works with stock maps.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
European style... I too would like the US style. Also would be nice to have the option of some more noticeable alert, maybe a tone.
The US style maybe a MY2020 thing. Haven't heard from any other MY2020 people to know. I though I saw an audible alert in the settings menu, I'll have to check again. Might be a little annoying in town though. Nobody drives 25 around here. Would need to set the threshold to 20 over.:LOL:

d_ganggreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
One more question. I have a 2019 Lariot, I am very interesting in adding the speed sign reading. Do I need the front camera? My wifes 2019 edge has an actual front camera...is that what is needed (i don't have one) or just uses the sensing camera associated with collision? Thanks.

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
Really want someone else to look into a 2020 and see if they get NA signage. If so we could ask the dealer to update our IPC and then we could also get the NA signs. Interesting that Ford is preparing for a future feature release with this change.. maybe? Why else would they update it.

Sparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Is there a way to get android auto maps on the "home" screen? I love the split screen where you can see the maps and audio source, but it only works with stock maps.
Is there a way to get android auto maps on the "home" screen? -- -- I have it .. I use AA and it loads Google Maps on the screen without any intervention on my part. Now -- Split screen to show the audio source. Mine isn't split screen but I do see the audio source and what's playing via AA and in my case it's Pandora -- The screen that displays this information is the right screen on the center dash.

d_ganggreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Is there a way to get android auto maps on the "home" screen? -- -- I have it .. I use AA and it loads Google Maps on the screen without any intervention on my part. Now -- Split screen to show the audio source. Mine isn't split screen but I do see the audio source and what's playing via AA and in my case it's Pandora -- The screen that displays this information is the right screen on the center dash.
Yeah, mine does that too. It will load the maps, I am more refering to when you "exit" android auto. The home screen just shows and icon for maps. If you touch it, it will load the full map in android auto. I am wanting to see the half screen map and audio/phone info on the right at the same time.

Sparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Gotcha -- I've not seen a way to get that split screen display. I rarely have occasion to leave the map display -- Once in a while I will to access the climate control. Wish I could have been of more help .. ..

d_ganggreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Gotcha -- I've not seen a way to get that split screen display. I rarely have occasion to leave the map display -- Once in a while I will to access the climate control. Wish I could have been of more help .. ..
No worries, these forums have given me the next best thing. With my sync 3.4 upgrade, I can at least get my nave on the right digital display behind the steering wheel.

Shomare

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT
Occupation
Union President
Anyone a guru here that can walk a noob through some simple changes for example, Bambi mode? I tried and failed but think with someone talking me through it I would be ok after completing a change. I attempted the change for Bambi mode, hit write, and it did not take effect.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
One more question. I have a 2019 Lariot, I am very interesting in adding the speed sign reading. Do I need the front camera? My wifes 2019 edge has an actual front camera...is that what is needed (i don't have one) or just uses the sensing camera associated with collision? Thanks.
On a Lariat you will have a front camera, it is mounted up on the windshield in front of the rear view mirror. It is also used for lane keeping and front collision avoidance and adaptive cruise control. You should just need to activate the speed limit sensing in Forscan. it's in IPC and IPMA. Actual settings are earlier in this thread. If you get the US signs I'll be jealous, haven't heard of a MY2019 getting US signs yet.

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone a guru here that can walk a noob through some simple changes for example, Bambi mode? I tried and failed but think with someone talking me through it I would be ok after completing a change. I attempted the change for Bambi mode, hit write, and it did not take effect.
Unfortunately I am not an expert. I have made some changes but I have only been in there a couple times so I have to do some trial and error each time. The screen below is the one you want for bambi mode. The video linked was helpful to me. After you select enable and click on the check mark and click on the Write button, I think it prompts you to cycle the ignition . I failed to do that on my first attempt.

I am thinking about attempting the one about the speed limit sign display. I will try to document my steps so maybe I can be more helpful.

I am sure there are many more knowledgeable than I am, so hopefully one of them will jump in and help you.

1595470826696.png

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/forscan-crowdsourced-wiki.2008/post-149771

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase