FORScan Modifications

d_ganggreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
On a Lariat you will have a front camera, it is mounted up on the windshield in front of the rear view mirror. It is also used for lane keeping and front collision avoidance and adaptive cruise control. You should just need to activate the speed limit sensing in Forscan. it's in IPC and IPMA. Actual settings are earlier in this thread. If you get the US signs I'll be jealous, haven't heard of a MY2019 getting US signs yet.
Thanks, I will run the setup today and let you know if I get US signs.
Sponsored

Hirnlego

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 302A
The traffic sign reading seems to be an active feature for the Australian market. It looks like the Ranger also has Active Parking Aissist.

The Traffic Sign feature is nice which someone has already found out how to activate. What about the Semi Auto Park Assist? Not that I would want it personally but is it Forscan possible?

1595517576727.png

https://www.rangeford.com.au/new-vehicles/ranger/features/

Last edited:

Bproctor

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
NC National Guard
No worries, these forums have given me the next best thing. With my sync 3.4 upgrade, I can at least get my nave on the right digital display behind the steering wheel.
Does your NAV on the right side of the center dash screen work properly with MAPs? Mine shows 0.0KM and 0:00 Time at the top, but the turns are correct. It works as it should while using the stock navigation.

d_ganggreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Does your NAV on the right side of the center dash screen work properly with MAPs? Mine shows 0.0KM and 0:00 Time at the top, but the turns are correct. It works as it should while using the stock navigation.
No, mine is similar to yours. I think it shows difference in KM, but the time is still 0:00. The turns are accurate though and given in miles.

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
No, mine is similar to yours. I think it shows difference in KM, but the time is still 0:00. The turns are accurate though and given in miles.
Do you get navigation on the right IPC screen with CarPlay or Android auto?

d_ganggreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Do you get navigation on the right IPC screen with CarPlay or Android auto?
It is on the right for Android Auto. I have only tried Carplay in my wife's '19 Edge (sync 3.4) and it does not work.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
I think I may have found the switch in Forscan to disable "Fake Engine Noise". It is in the ACM module as-built:
727-01-01 xxxx - x*xx - xxxx, Reduce the number in * by 2, If it was an A like mine was enter 8. If 3 make it 1.

Seemed to make a difference but it is hard for me to tell with my bad hearing and hearing aids. Need someone who notices the fake noise to try and verify. Personally I don't really mind if it's there or not. Just thought I'd pass it on to try. Didn't seem to mess anything else up.

rpeterson53

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2019 Mazda MX-5 RF, 2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
I added that a while back and it works fine. Seems to come on when the temp is under 39 or 40. I've had no issues with my clock after making the change.

I just enabled frost alrt function thru Forscan. Where does the indication of warning appear on the dash ? Sure seems odd that Ford would not have enabled this feature.

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I just enabled frost alrt function thru Forscan. Where does the indication of warning appear on the dash ? Sure seems odd that Ford would not have enabled this feature.
I *think* it appears in the lower portion of the center screen on the Lariat, but I may be wrong about that. I enabled mine shortly after I bought the truck (in March) and it was cold enough here to see it show up like twice. It was not hard to find, and I noticed it immediately.

This is the first vehicle I've ever owned with a frost telltale - it's purpose is just to let you know that there is a possibility of frosty/icy conditions, right? (it seems it turns on when the outdoor temp gets below something near freezing ... like 36ÂşF or something.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I *think* it appears in the lower portion of the center screen on the Lariat, but I may be wrong about that. I enabled mine shortly after I bought the truck (in March) and it was cold enough here to see it show up like twice. It was not hard to find, and I noticed it immediately.

This is the first vehicle I've ever owned with a frost telltale - it's purpose is just to let you know that there is a possibility of frosty/icy conditions, right? (it seems it turns on when the outdoor temp gets below something near freezing ... like 36ÂşF or something.
It has been quite a while since I saw it, and I don't see it too often here - we don't get below 40 in the winter too much. But from what I remember, that sounds right and I believe it shows up anytime it is under 40 (I distinctly remember seeing it when it turned 39). It isn't hard to see for sure.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
The traffic sign reading seems to be an active feature for the Australian market. It looks like the Ranger also has Active Parking Aissist.

The Traffic Sign feature is nice which someone has already found out how to activate. What about the Semi Auto Park Assist? Not that I would want it personally but is it Forscan possible?

1595517576727.png

https://www.rangeford.com.au/new-vehicles/ranger/features/
It'd be nice if they had included it on the NA ranger, but even if we found the correct code to turn it on, it wouldn't work. Ford's semi-assist parking has to be activated via a push button that is typically located near the shifter.
Parking.JPG

Since ours lacks this button, and likely the harness is different as well so even if the button were added in, there would be nothing to connect it to.

Hirnlego

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 302A
I think I may have found the switch in Forscan to disable "Fake Engine Noise". It is in the ACM module as-built:
727-01-01 xxxx - x*xx - xxxx, Reduce the number in * by 2, If it was an A like mine was enter 8. If 3 make it 1.

Seemed to make a difference but it is hard for me to tell with my bad hearing and hearing aids. Need someone who notices the fake noise to try and verify. Personally I don't really mind if it's there or not. Just thought I'd pass it on to try. Didn't seem to mess anything else up.

Has Anyone verified this? I would have thought more people would have been inclined to know. I personally would like to eliminate the fake engine sound. Will have to check next time I fire up Forscan.

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired

I have never heard any fake engine sound track that I know of. Which speaker(s) does it come out of?
I can hear my exhaust note in the cab since I installed a Flowmaster 40 Series muffler though. Maybe even a little too much.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Has Anyone verified this? I would have thought more people would have been inclined to know. I personally would like to eliminate the fake engine sound. Will have to check next time I fire up Forscan.
I have not seen anyone come back and verify this yet. I personally don't mind it if it is even there. Some people swear it is there and some question if it is or not. I know there has been a lot of discussion about it and how to turn it off. Found this switch in the F150 spreadsheet and passed it for someone who says the here and hate it to try

I have never heard any fake engine sound track that I know of. Which speaker(s) does it come out of?
I can hear my exhaust note in the cab since I installed a Flowmaster 40 Series muffler though. Maybe even a little too much.
Again I don't really notice it or at least am not annoyed by it. some have said front door speakers, some say if they have added a sub they hear it from there.
Sponsored